1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News "M" rated Manhunt 2 previewed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Sep 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

about time too! hope there is a cheat to get it back to its original from.... after all there must be a switch to turn these new dulling effects off.

3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Someone will have the Manhunt2 "Hot Death" mod out at some point....

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

The caption doesn't make sense.
    At the very least the word "then" should be replaced with "than".

Either that or my English skills are a lot worse than I think they are and I should be ignored :p

5. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

I'm sure they implemented that cheat before doing the blur motion and darkening effects. They're Rockstar, they want us to see their original game like always.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

Thanks, I missed that one :p

7. Zombie

Zombie What's a Dremel?

I was going to say:

"Not a chance after the trouble they got into over hot coffee. New submission rules mean you have to show everything on the disc, not just everything accessible through normal gameplay. Rockstar don't want to fund another recall for what is after all just a small game in their portfolio - they've spent enough on it as is they'll want to get it out and forget about it."

but now i think about it, if they are just engine effects it'd be quite easy to change values for light levels and motion blur. maybe there will be a simpleish work around.

8. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

it sounds fine to me, I dont think that it will effect the gameplay. Personally I never got the hack to open up the sex scene in GTA. I didn't see a point. I do have a girlfriend after all.

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i played manhunt one for a while but got bored of the repetition i wont be touching this as hellgate is out around halloween

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think with those effects the deaths become more violent in my head.... and i almost bet that they will launch some uncut version in the future to certain countries....

11. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Lol I give it 3 days tops for someone to release a crack to disable the blur. I should imagine it's only an engine effect so a simple value switcheroo should show you the combo in it's full bloody glory.

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Well, as was just said, I'm pretty sure Rockstar will be making sure that the game stays rated M this time, even though I would prefer the game in its full bloody goodness. :p

But still, three days tops.

13. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

I sure hope someone hacks it. I want see all the gore. In the words of Metallica, "Give me fuel! Give me fire! Give me that which I desire." In this case what I desire is to play the game the way it was intended. I don't need some government official to tell me something is too violent to watch. I say haul all the complainers and politicians in to the streets and be head the lot of them. Bloody censors!

14. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

I thought the original beef was the whole premise of Manhunt 2 that had given it the problems with the rating? Fairly certain either the certification board or Rockstar themsleves said they wouln't be able to make an 'M' rated game without actually ripping the very guts out of it.

Manhunt was always about the mood, this was what they had objected to, fairly certain the graphic death scenes just took a backseat to everything else... kinda lost all hope in this now, decapitating someone kinda looses the edge when they cut it to the Benny Hill tune, talk about dumbing down...

Last edited: 14 Sep 2007
  15. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

I didn't want it in the first place but censorship really sucks.

Tags: Add Tags