1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian-Li PC-B25

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 5 Sep 2007.

1. mink

mink What's a Dremel?

haha nice

2. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the review, but I have to say that I'm baffled by your trouble with the HDD installation. Your description sounds like it involves the same method as in the Lian-Li PC-A05, in which I built a PC for my dad a few months ago. I found it very easy. The procedure was laid out very clearly in a couple of diagrams in the case instruction sheet. Following these, HDD installation was completed in less than five minutes. Did you all ignore the instructions and just try to procede according to the methods of previous Lian-Li cases? Personally, I found this new method very smooth and convenient.

3. mink

mink What's a Dremel?

I disagree kingfearon, and really don't see how you can say "its by far better" without ever having actually used it. (I have it therefore it must be better). What more options has it that the B25 doesn't have apart from fitting a 120.3 rad which not everyone wants to do, The PC-A16 is a good case too and has that option of stripping the whole front out as you say, but it isn't very soundproof due to all the holes in the front where the PC-B25 has a soundproofed front door and side panels (waiting on another review to confirm how well they work). You can do exactly what you've done but using a 120.2 rad in the B25 which is enough for CPU and GPU if you're not an OCer, and being quieter. With the improved cable management and removing the hard drive cage leaves the bottom section totally open whereas the A16 still has the full rack sides. The side panels seem to be a love em or hate em affair but I personally prefer the overall look of the B25 to the A16. It's just all down to how much the B25 is going to cost!

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Read up, and try again? I believe you should have insinuated something about his mother.

[/sarcasm]

@kingfearon: Jeez, there's no need to get so worked up. State your points, but don't start throwing insults around. We're not cavemen, right?

5. mink

mink What's a Dremel?

Great link capnPedro! and Joe has more than redeemed himself in my eyes for this review!!:D

The comments following it had me pissing my pants! hilarious stuff

Wise words for the young (and retarded)(or both)(kingfearon)

Last edited: 9 Sep 2007
  6. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Thread cleaned up, next person who flames gets a 7 day ban.

7. joseph42

joseph42 What's a Dremel?

Comments Have Dried Up!

Ever since the vulgar flame war (and thankfully cleaning up the messages), everyone seems to have abandoned this thread. I was enjoying reading all the comments about the Lian Li B25 case and review.

Does anyone know when this case will be available for purchase or how much it will cost? Are there any other independent reviews going on out there somewhere?

Joe

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I just found out it will be USD220 retail.

That is all, Gentlemen.

9. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Hrm... For that kind of money, I guess I'd rather have a V-1000. Now, if they'd put that front door on a PC7H+, and sell it for $100 or so, that would be rather tempting.

Out of curiosity, do you know if there's a silver version being offered?

10. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

can a GTX fit in there (8800)

11. joseph42

GTX8800 Fit

I can't say for sure but I think the GTX8800 will fit without any problems. If you look at the photo of the motherboard installed in the case (http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/2007/09/lian-li_pc-b25/xb.jpg), it looks like there is about 1.5 to 2.0 inches of space beyond the motherboard. That should be a 9.6 inch MB and the GTX8800 is about 1 inch longer than the MB.

This is going to be my next case for sure, and I will have a GTX8800 or the next version (9800 or whatever). I would like to see a couple more reviews though, just to get some different perspectives on the case.

12. joseph42

For Techno-Dann

The Lian Li site shows both black and silver versions of this case: http://www.lian-li.com/product/product05.php?pr_index=125&cl_index=1&sc_index=1&ss_index=5

I don't think you can really compare the V-1000 case with the B25. This case is designed more for quiet than the V-series. All those holes in the front of the V-series cases will let noise flow right out, although it is a very nice looking and good performing case. I'm not too fond of the circle of blue light on the B25 but I love the insides, the 2 front 120 fans, dust filters, the added room due the the design of the hard drive rack, and I like a door to help block hard drive noise.

13. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

hmmm, sexy case hey...well each to their own, i dont think i've ever felt that way about a case but then thats probably why i'd never make part of the bit-tech team. Good article, but i just want to say that i'm bored of PC cases....manufacturers arent doing anything different and ok, maybe its really hard thinking of something new for a metal box, i know i cant think of anything right now but if you paid me £25k a year to design cases i might think a little harder and come up with something.

As for my case, i'm a Lian Li fanboy as from the first custom build pc (guided by felixthecat) i made i was introduced and never looked back from lian li. I have mates who've invested in the antec and coolermaster lines of casing, buying the premium cases (antec 180 i think) and the build quality is nothing on Lian Li, the brushed al finish on the outside is much more elegant, but upon looking inside i feel the antec's and cooler masters lack the look of quality all the way through, Lian Li simply looks rpofessional from start to finish, none of this cheap steel looking grills etc etc, i know i'm a fanboy so i'm biased anyways, but realistically i like to know what the pro's at bit-tech think without having to worry what sponsors are paying them (i'm new so i dont know if saying that is bad in the forums but we all know the PR buttering up happens).

peace

fatman

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

All reviews on bit-tech are independent from advertising (as we run a separate sales office).

Personally as both a Lian Li and Antec owner, I much prefer my Antec. Just seems to have more useful features.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not about that - it's about being able to manufacture it on existing equipment without it costing too much and also appealing to the sensibility of the 95+% of people who think a computer case should be cuboid.

It absolutely does not happen here mate. There's simply no point in being a PRs bitch since the readers can see through it and without a reputation the site is as good as useless - which means no one will read it - which means people won't advertise anyway. In fact, our editorial team is in a completely separate office to sales and no one here downstairs ever deals with anything but reviews :) Other sites may have different arrangements but we certainly wouldn't have come this far without this attitude.

We're all FAR too cynical and the Taiwanese couldn't afford us anyway :p hahaha :D When I make a post about driving a Ferrari to work - then ask again.

If somethings good, we'll say it's good, but if it's a turd we'll tell them that too - but also give some constructive criticism for a better product next time. There's no merit to anyone to just slag something off unless it's so far off the mark it's stupid, in which case we won't review it anyway because it wastes our time and your time. :)

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I play games for a living as it is - therefore PRs have nothing to bribe me with if they want my bias anyway. :)

17. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Just a new old school Monkey Island?

18. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

its nice to hear fellas, and whilst in the back of my mind i hoped this was the case, one can't help but be sceptical and ask the question as a junior poster on the forum.

peace

fatman

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Skepticism is good - at least then you can critically read many articles to get the full picture. I never recommend just reading just one review.

20. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

After the last MK game? No chance.

Tags: Add Tags