1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compact Flash Cards

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by fatty, 15 Sep 2007.

1. fatty

fatty Minimodder

OK I have a question I am sure some of you may be able to answer I think I have been sold a rebadged ( ie a cheapy made to look expensive ) CF card, I have a 1gb sandisk ultra2 which has a read write time of like 10meg/sec the other card I have is a 4gb sandisk Extreme4 with a write time of 40meg/sec now when taking pics it takes longer for the camera to write to the 4gb card than the 1gb card but the 4gb card is supposed to be the faster of the two....I am talking like 5-10 seconds slower on the 4gb, now is this due to the size of the card or because its a dodgey card????

Cheers

Oh if it helps I was taking between 10-20 continous shots of the same object for this test same light same settings

2. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Have a look at this article for help on identifying fake compact flash cards.

Looks like presence of a serial number (or lack of, moreso) is the tell tale sign, though more recent fakes are putting on bogus ones. If it does have a serial and you still think it's dummy, best thing to do would be ring Sandisk to verify the serial.

[EDiT]
    eBay also have what looks like an excellent article on fake Sandisk compact flash cards.

3. fatty

fatty Minimodder

Cheers only just read all of that I have emailed the saller I will see their responce but yeah its a fake just found the second one was from the same seller with a differant account

4. fatty

fatty Minimodder

5. fatty

fatty Minimodder

Ok got an email back from the seller with a sob story saying his supplier told him they were legit cards bla blah blah .....
    Now I haven't received the second card yet but if it too is a fake which I am sure it will be from his second account then what do I do I want this guy shut down:geek:

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Report him to eBay seems like the obvious option.

7. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

I agree. Just report him right away.

8. cosmic

cosmic What's a Dremel?

First make sure you get a refund for the fake cards if you want your money back. Then report him to Ebay