1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : Infinity CM Stacker (Reservoir 100% complete)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DoOb's, 14 Sep 2007.

1. DoOb's

DoOb's Overclocker/Modder

thanks Radodrill, was wondering why i wasnt getting notifications on my thread, will now tho

2. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Oh wow Do0b's. I cant believe I only found this thread now. Awesome work so far my friend! Great Idea you have for this super case!

Cant wait to see how it turn outs :)

3. DoOb's

Thanks Dean, yea its coming along really well....

Colour Scheme for you guys ......Im and thinking Black and Red.... But then again... Black and White would also looking Sick..

But i will see down the line. Right now i wanna get everything planned out, this for example, this is gonna look wicked inside once ive got to this stage.

[​IMG]

Im actually thinking LED lighting all the way.PSU should handle i rate.

AS for the front panel which im gonna cut now, im actually also thinking lighting there aswell. like instead of the panel being flush with the tall aluminum sides pieces, im thinking of overlapping the cover for that, will draw something up on that idea

4. naokaji

naokaji whatever

how about both? something along the line of black paint outside, white inside and red lighting? just an idea though.

5. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Nice cut, subscribed :dremel:

6. DoOb's

Yea you are right actually could work very well together... I'll keep it in mind my friend

Thanks Supra55, yea, Jigsaw Cheesecake and a good steady pair of hands.

Got an update for everyone here at Bit-Tech_____________:

Alright things have been going smoothly using a jigsaw to cut all my aluminum. Got about 4 more things to cut then mainly all the cutting is done for the case....

Ok here we go:

Cut the bottom base that as you can see fits pretty well inside there.

[​IMG]

But what you dont see is that i've used prestic to stick the bottom base to that mesh grill at the bottom. This will give me the exact place where i must cut the hole for the grill to pop through...

[​IMG]

All measure up and ready to get cutting....

[​IMG]

Ok just speed the pace up a little, and show you the final product...( I had to cut more off in the insides becoz it was fitting nicely. had to sand the outside piece so that the back panel fitted inbetween the each other..)

[​IMG]

As you can see here ive cut the HDD/CDrom cover. Where you see it sticking out like that, im gonna bend it to a 90.45 degree bend so where the motherboard tray meets at the end they will sit flush on top of one another..

[​IMG]

Again another view showing the piece sticking out, and also another view of the Grill sticking through the base of the case...

[​IMG]

And then lastly a back picture of the grill and the backpanel fitting nicely there

Thats all for now, should have another update today... and then yea, see what other ideas pop into my head during the course of the day

Enjoy

DoOb's

7. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

The mesh looks great :thumb:

8. DoOb's

Thanks Supra55, yea, i didnt want to discard from not using it.. so i thought let it appear as its popping out of the case...

9. DoOb's

Another little update, bent the Cdrom cover to slide under the motherboard tray that covers the entry to the bay.

[​IMG]

It tucked inside, looking really good.

[​IMG]

And then a close up of the one overlapping the other. This will end up looking smooth at the two joins after some bodyfiller for that section.

[​IMG]

10. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Those are some amazing cuts and bends DoOb! This case is gonna look super clean inside!

11. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

case is looking amazing doob, really impressed with the work so far, a word of warning tho, be careful when covering up that drive bay area, id test fit all the hardware including the wires etc before you get too far. I had a problem fitting all my hardware in the front on my stacker. I think you should go white inside, makes th case look clean but is also great for use with UV and LED lighting. I did it in my case and im glad i did. Keep up the good work, cant wait to see where you take this mod.

12. DoOb's

Shot alot Dean, yips its gonna look berry clean.

Thanks Skunkmunkey your mod is my inspiration. Ive read what you are saying about space wish, and ive got plenty space.

In the front there is only gonna be two HDD's Sata , mounted vertical cables faced down. DVD RW SATA drive as in the picture you can see there will be enuf space for the cable, and then the pump which is gonna be between the two HDD's and will sit above the DVD drive at the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Power cable wise the is gonna be a separate compartment at the top where that will be blocked off and you will only see entry points to where the cables will enter where needed. Which are ATX 24pin, 6pin 12v, 4pin stiffy power cable and the GFX card power cable. and all fan wires will be invisible. The crossblower fan will mainly be invisible aswell, coz its gonna have a cover over that, and if i can a mesh front so you dont even see the cyclinder drum spinning.... but this is where i stop, dont wanna give to much away...keep watching guys :):)

13. jeffel

jeffel What's a Dremel?

nice one

14. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

looking good!

15. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Ahhh man! I want this case!

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

looks great.. i love the 5,25" back side stealthmod (or whatever one calls it)... that will surely help cutting down the uglyness of cables.

17. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

looking very good.......
    I read thru the posts to find the alu thickness.........I didn't find
    anything though.......maybe I overlooked it but how thick is the alu?

Subscibed..........:thumb:

Alan

Last edited: 20 Sep 2007
  18. DoOb's

0.9mm my friend, thats for the great comment... keep watching this thread, alot still to come, today was a lazy day, but tomorrow i come with an update or two

19. DoOb's

Another Update guys::rock::hip:

;) Ok so ive been pondering on this front Bezel, i was really thinking of just trying to get another 2 Bay mesh covers for my Stacker, but then i thought too much mission and cost...

;) Instead i just made my front Bezel as i said i would...

;) Ok firstly i measured up the gap in the front and then added an extra 15mm onto both sides. Do the piece cut pretty dam straight once again....

;) Then i measure my 15mm on the one side and then put it in place under my bending apparatus and got to hammering...

;) Here is the one side:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;) And then put it into the bay area and then marked up the other side for bending..... was about 5mm more than the other side which isnt a problem just gives me more to work with... ok here is it

[​IMG]

;) Now to do the next side all measured up drew the line down and put it into place.....

[​IMG]

;) Hammered away gentle across and back until i got it neat and straight angled...

;) Ok after about an hour more of hammering and adjusting the panel to get it to fit to my perfection i got it perfect... here are the finally 3 views of it installed.

;) Front View:

[​IMG]

;) Side View:

[​IMG]

;););) Top View:

[​IMG]

Alright guys let me know what you think of my neat front Bezel. Looks pretty nifty.

;););) Thats all for today, i now need to get a hold of Robthepyro :dremel: dremel, mine has siezed and no longer works properly..

DoOb's out ;););)

20. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

looking good man:thumb:
    really like the way your keeping the clean lines an minamalist look:D

Tags: