1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Does the Wii have any good games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Da_Rude_Baboon, 26 Sep 2007.

1. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My Wii has sat on a shelf gathering dust for months now as i got bored of playing Wii sports and completed Zelda. As there was a complete lack of ANY decent games at the time it was replaced by the PS2 and God of War 2. Its time to blow the dust off the thing and get some new games so which good games have come out and which ones would you recommend?

I have Zelda and i bought Raving Rabids but it got returned the next day as it was rubbish.

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Paper Mario is supposed to be quite good, as is RE4. You could also try GC games, Metroid Prime 1&2 and Eternal Darkness.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

RE4 is a whole new experience I've been told, however having seen the way you use the wiimote and nunchuck it's not exactly a "native" way to do it.

I do still want to play Paper Mario and I've watched someone play Excite Truck, but that's about it. Metroid Prime 3? I'm still waiting for Galaxies at some point - but its yet another Nintendo in house title.

4. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

mario & sonic olympics is due out soon and it looks ace

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Res evil4 is class.

6. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Super Paper Mario is the only game that has made me want a Wii - totally amazing!!!

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

RE4 is great. Some of the choices in control were a bit odd.. Like why can't I use the wiimote to aim with the sniper? Other than that thought its great fun.

Super paper Mario was meant to arrive three days ago, but we think someone is nicking our post....

8. malfunction

malfunction What's a Dremel?

Having never played the GC (or PS2) version of RE4 I would say that I had no difficulties with the Wii controls and they felt very natural - much better than clunky old RE controls (but before RE4 the last RE game I played was on the PSX). As has been said before and elsewhere many times it is a great game but *if* you have played another version I'm not sure it's worth it...

9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I have RE4 for the PS2.

lol so basically paper Mario has one vote and anything else good is still in development? :p

10. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

I work in the Bit-Tech offices so my vote carries more weight ;) Mario Cheesecake!

11. malfunction

malfunction What's a Dremel?

It's a problem I'm somewhat concerned about too - I'm waiting for Mario Galaxy and Metroid 3 - not a lot else out that I'm interested in

12. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

The only decent things (imho) seem to be Sports and Zelda. I've not bothered buying anything else for it since last Christmas.

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

*slap* WAKE UP MAN! STOP DREAMING!

Ahem. My Wii has also been sat on the floor a while, but its more that I never have the time or effort to both setting it back up. I tend to use it most at parties and take it over to Tims for poker nights every once in a while.

For multiplayer, you really can't beat Warioware. You'll breeze through singleplayer in an hour, unlock multiplayer and then come back to it again and again for parties and fun.

RE4, Metroid and Super Paper Mario are all the killer titles for it, but Wiiware will be bringing loads of indie games to it in the future too.

Talking further in the future, don't forget Force Unleashed and the rumours of Timesplitters 4 on wii either...

14. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Assuming the Force Unleashed doesn't use waggle, I'm more looking forward to it on the PS3 or the 360.

Metroid is a pretty good game for the Wii, and Paper Mario (though I don't own it) is suppose to be good as well. I haven't played my Wii very much either. I startup Orcarina of Time but, I stopped playing Wii Sports after the first few weeks of owning the thing. Still have Madden 08 unopened for it. :(

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Force Unleashed will have waggle, extra content and games and the ability to *wield* the lightsaber.

16. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Super Paper Mario is awesome in every way! Best Wii game so far. RE4 is excellent. A completely new way to play and makes it even better than the original.

You can get Mario for ~£25 in Toys R Us btw! :D

17. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Definitely keep an eye out for Metroid Prime 3. I haven't played Paper Mario yet, but I hear it's great. RE4 is an instant win.

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Just sold my Wii because there was nothing aside from Zelda that interested me. I've heard that RE4, Metroid, and Paper Mario were good, but they didn't interest me much. And even still, four games worth owning after almost a year is pretty pathetic. The 360 had more than that at launch (and hey, what a coincidence, I just bought a 360).

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Yeah its rather disconcerting that there is very few titles out which appeal and there is not many in the future either. The Wii is still highly lauded on the forums for being the best console with killer game play over graphics. Shame between the Wii owners here we can only name 5 current games (at my count) and a few coming out in the future. :sigh: Put it in that light and it seems silly to recommend it really. :(

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

And the "ex-owner" title seems to be increasing. I know I'm not the only one on the forum that sold mine. And TBH I should have sold it months ago... probably would have got more.

Good for parties, but a system with four remotes and nunchucks plus a couple party games (other that Wii Sports... Warioware or something) is going to set you back about $500 or so, which is a pretty good chunk of cash for four-person-at-most entertainment that, right now, isn't much good unless you have at least two. And while I don't drink at all, I'll say that it's still a good amount more fun to play with drunk people. Although slightly more dangerous, too!

Tags: