1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pet peeves

Discussion in 'General' started by Sinnka, 28 Sep 2007.

1. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Inspired by one of Brooxy's:

People that assume I can make them a website for free because they know a mate of a mate and he's got no money. Yea, sure I'll do it for free... What do you do for a living? Oh you sell cars. Can I have one of those for free? No? Well then, sod off...

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

BMW Drivers that give BMW drivers a bad name (I drive a BMW but I would like to think I'm a reasonable driver, I indicate and do everything I was taught to do, I did however only take my test 3 years ago so remember most of it)
    People who instantly think that because you drive a BMW you are an ass without giving due thought to the fact that this is indeed, a stereotype.
    Taxi Drivers who are in a rush.
    Children
    Screaming babys
    People who think that even though the baby is screaming that its "cute"
    People who walk slower than me and block my way
    People who don't move out of the way when you are walking towards them and expect them to move for you. I'm sure I've moved more times that other people walking towards me. Said people then complain if you didn't move and happen to brush/smack shoulders.
    Chavs with chavved up cars.
    Football/Football supporters/players who think that EVERYONE loves football and if you don't you are the spawn of satan.
    People that don't indicate round roundabouts when they are going past more than 1 junction.
    People that think they know something about computers, attempt to fix a problem and cause more damage than there was before which means that I then have to go and fix it.
    Myspace.
    Java (script is alright though, its got its uses)
    Flash adverts with annoying noises.
    People who MSN in obscure fonts/colours who also use Italic and bold.
    People not paying attention to the "busy" indicator on MSN who then complain that I didn't answer, if it says busy I'm busy probably playing a game damn it, don't complain to me because you couldn't be bothered to check the status first.
    People that use Internet Explorer ALL the time.
    The default Windows XP theme.
    Windows ME.
    People that think Ventrillo is sooooo much better than Teamspeak.
    Audiophiles that think that unless you spend £xxxxx on your audio setup that "it's crap".
    People that ask me to spec a system for £xxx then go and buy the equivalent price Dell even though what I specced was probably twice as good.
    Family members (specifically those that I live with/immediate relatives) who don't ask me about a PC purchase, then buy an eMachines and ask me to fix it because "it seems a little slow". Yes, its slow because you paid too much for a system that's rubbish.
    People that play a BETA and complain that "it's not finished" or "this is broken, what am I do?", ITS A BLOODY BETA DAMN IT! ITS GOING TO BE BROKEN!
    People that think Halo is the best game series EVER.
    People that use caps lock to capitalise one single letter in a word or sentance. That's what the shift key is there for damnit.
    Holby/Casualty/Eastenders.
    Time Team
    Fashion (drain pipe jeans are not cool)
    People that text you instead of calling when the call would have taken no more than 30 seconds to get across the same point at the 10 texts they just sent thus being cheaper.
    R&B

I'm sure I can find more ;)

3. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Spot on. I hate the default windows xp theme.

http://xkcd.com/323/

4. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

lol, that's the sort of response I'd expect from a 5 year old not someone who earlier in the thread wanted a more grown up debate

I think the most annoying thing cyclists do is to completely ignore red lights. Most of them seem to think that they are better than both pedestrians and cars, completely ignoring the rules/right of ways and tend to do whatever they please.

(p.s. I'm a cyclist)

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Scientologist?

Edit: Have to add, fat people. ****ing fat people ruining all the clothing out there. I'm a little on the skinny side, exactly average height, and broader than normal. Why am I having trouble finding clothing that fits when you people who're carrying around 200 pounds of lard are not? If there's an XXXL you'd think there'd be a small that isn't just for short fat people, but for skinny people. This has really been pissing me off, of late, because it's made buying clothing that fits ridiculously hard.

6. will.

Flash websites that resize my browser... grrrr!

7. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Everyone allways complains about cyclists, I got hit by a car today because he turned right without indicating when I was overtaking. Luckily I was wearing my helmet and escaped with only a few scrapes.

Wear a helmet!

8. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

I can tell. You weren't paying any attention.

9. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

Flash.

10. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Adverts on TV; they're all packed with lies and unreliable statistics. I don't care if the AA have "Twice as many roadside patrols as anyone else", how many more customers do they have? FOAD.

Seriously, if I ran the ASA there'd be nothing but drumming gorillas left.

Grr :grr:

11. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Bicycle couriers who know all the rules of the road when a taxi driver tries to cut them up, but seem to forget them when they nearly run you over going the wrong way down a one way street or doing a U-turn in the middle of f***ing Oxford street

12. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Giant huge flash ads that use 50% or more of my laptop's CPU power.
    Professors who only have one hour a week of office hours, right on top of another class.
    People who think "cat's" is an appropriate pluralization.
    The nVidia "The Way it's Meant to be Played" advertisement in the intro movies to so many games.
    Said intro movies that you can't skip through with a conveniently placed key.
    People who think that mecha are the Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread (TM), and they have no end of physics-defying combat advantages that should have rendered tanks utterly obsolete a decade ago.
    People who try to fit in by using the occasional word of jargon.
    Paris Hilton - why should I care about a spoiled, overgrown Hollywood brat?
    Formal literary criticism. If you've read enough of the stuff, you know what I mean.
    Drivers who tailgate me when I'm on my bicycle.
    The chavs who tend to flip me the bird whenever they see me on said bicycle.
    Ditto for the chavs who gun their engines right as they pass me.
    Triple ditto for the chavs who throw things at bicyclists.

13. will.

Now now... Flash used correctly can be a good experience and enhance user interaction.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Flash is the worst piece of bloatware used on the internet.

15. GuitarBizarre

GuitarBizarre <b>banned</b>

true that. Flash, and more paticularly Java, are just ridiculous system hogs. Quake 4 can anti alias 640x480 without slowing down, in full 3d. why can't flash, with basic 2d? Oh yeah, because its awful and doesn't take advantage of hardware.

16. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Spec is Flat Stanley? :rock:

[​IMG]

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

My secret's out :(

18. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

Slide him under a door!

19. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Just thought of another one:

On some DVDs they have this anti-piracy propaganda video. I just HATE it for several reasons:

1: Annoying use of bad music and shaky cam. - Probably meant to be "cool", but fails miserably.
    2: You can't skip it.
    3: It's on the wrong media, dammit! - If i bought the video, I'm not much likely to publish it, am I? (Ok, i know that someone have to rip and publish a movie for others to download, but these people won't give a **** anyway)
    4: The main point of it is not actually true - It says that "downloading pirated movies is a crime". Well, in some (most?) countries it's not. Publishing is a crime, but downloading isn't.
    5: It uses way to much time to tell something.

Same goes for that "warning, this movie is protected by blah blah blah!" Why do they have to show this in 15 seconds? People don't bother to read it anyway, and those who do won't get trough it in 15 seconds anyway.

And finally: Trailer shows! (luckily these can be skipped...)
    I paid money for a movie, right? Why do the movie then come bundled with ads?

The ironic thing is that pirated movies don't have these annoyances. :rolleyes:

20. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

You can skip it. Set the language to Russian or Armenian or whatever and it doesn't play it :)