1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos out and about

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by wizzy2k5, 7 Oct 2007.

1. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

last month I posted a few pics when I was at the seafront, here is attempt number 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    my favourite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Oct 2007
  2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I like #2. It looks almost unnatural; as if the sea has been layered ;)
    I'm left missing a focus in the rest of them though.. It's not clear to me what you're trying to describe?

3. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5 what???

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Nice shots. I like the wide aspect you cropped a few of them down to - fits the scene very well. #2 is great.

5. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Looking at the link I think having the background does a lot for your shots.
    I also think that #4 is good because it has more colours in it. I'm sorry if my critique is un-precise but I've been working with photography only a short while so it's more of a sense thing than knowing precisely what does what.
    I'll have a go though:
    What I meant by lack of focus is thatI'm missing you crop harder to pin-point some specific details or that there's a dof that tells me "this is what I liked about it". Also I often find that a dead on composition without fix points is really difficult to succeed with.
    Perhaps I can describe it as a thing or point in the photograph that invites me to keep looking at it and then see the depths of it. Like a good intro for a movie or a game :) This because when taking real good time I come to like the other ones.
    Especially #4 as the lines aren't horisontal which gives the image a lot more dynamics combined with the color change for each line (wave).

Again that's my view on it. You may have a completely different connection to the shots as you took them.
    Selecting what describes the idea or whole is tricky as some want things very outspoken and others not.

Okay reading my post it's a garbled messed of words and meanings, but I hope it conveyed something meaningful :)

Tags: