1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GPhone: fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Oct 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

While i like google as a search engine, as well as google earth, i think that they maybe getting too big for there own feet. Having said that though, i am interested to see what they can pull out of the bag.

Sam

3. voidboid

voidboid Just some bloke

This is all really good news, i-Phone has led O2 to make its data rates more affordable (and hopefully over time they'll get even better), and now we have a proper choice of platforms:

I love my WM6 phone, but some of the software configuration is pretty clunky, and alternative that was as powerful would be great for me.

4. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Not sure I agree with the anaylsy's quote ("The iPhone was a milestone in terms of how people use a mobile device,") though. What can the iPhone do that other phones haven't been able to do for the last few years?

Not sure I'd want to use a gPhone either, tbh, I don't like being tied to one company for everything.

5. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Well in a way you can count the iPhone as a milestone... Not for the iPhone itself, but for the swift kick up the arse it gave the rest of the mobile industry :D Just look at the recent HTC mobiles, they've improved by massive amounts in just a few months :lol:

(wouldn't want an iphone even if you paid me though)

Slightly offtopic, saw the new HTC TyTN II in London last week... took great effort not to buy it despite me not really having any spare cash
    :hehe:

6. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

Strange – I though I was the only person on earth that did not want an iPhone.

Anyway, I think a GPhone would be great, why not!
    It’s competition, which will create choices and better pricing, but more importantly, it will create even more competition within other HTC mobiles products.

I too am interested to see what happens.

Besides, I think the iPhone and iPod needs some good ass kicking... :naughty:

7. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Seems to make more sense that Google would do software and not so much hardware in such a crowded mobile market, iPhone withstanding. Google is good at doing their own thing instead of pulling a Microsoft and showing up late with a "I can do it too" attitude like the Zune.

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Google has made some pretty good software (look at sketch up) and they are the best search engine., the most popular at least. It wouldnt surprise me to see Google labs work with a phone company to make a os for a new phone but an actual "Google phone" i just don't see happening. possible, just not likely.

9. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

google didnt make sketch up, they bought the company that did.

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

This was known about ages ago, the idea was that the phone was free (or heavily subsidised) if it had the Google OS installed and you'd get ads depending on your texts, like Gmail.

11. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I haven't found any as good as Google - Google usually manage to get you what your looking for in the first link or 2 IMO

12. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

Google will just buy apple and have them make a GPhone.

Tags: Add Tags