1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's in this thread, a few pages back. Right here.

2. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

ahhh thanx..just did it in a few minutes...really easy once u know what you're doing...

3. PFS*

PFS* What's a Dremel?

very confusing. i don't see any tools in Kerkythea. Downloaded it yesterday and wanted to give it a crack. Guess i'm gonna have to stick with Sketchup. Anyone lend a helping hand?

PFS*

4. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey PFS* welcome to the forum. Once you have installed the program open SU and on the top you will see "Plugins" that is where you will find Kerkythea infact most added plugins will be found in that area. Select Kerkythea Exporter>Export Model and save the file.

Open Kerkythea 2007>Open and find the .xml file you just saved in SU. Make sure you you check my post HERE (#1507) for more info on the program.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2007
  5. Marci

Marci Ex-O-CuK / ThermoChill

PDFS* - You need the Kerkythea 2007 main application, and the SU2KT exporter, both from the Kerkythea site.
    Kerkythea is only a rendering engine, not a raw modelling application, hence no tools. You do your modelling in Sketchup, then hit the Export button in there that the SU2KT plugin adds to SU's toolbar. This exports your SU File as an XML, and opens it in Kerkythea.

You can then hit render in Kerky straight away, or go thru your model component by component assigning new materials from Kerkythea's material pallette (more materials can be downloaded off the Kerkythea site).

6. PFS*

PFS* What's a Dremel?

thanx, very helpful. Had a real brain burp going there. Thanx for the welcome as well. Will be doing my best to contribute in all ways possible.

PFS*

7. Marci

Well, I'm beginning to love Kerky + SU, and hate my PC here, and my home PC - need more power!!

@Scooby - you played with the Sandbox tools for landscaping in SU yet? :D

Just playing around with various materials in Kerky with the PA160 SU model...

[​IMG]
    Something on my PC bombed out partway thru the AA stage of rendering on the above render...

[​IMG]

8. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

OMG - those look real!

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I'm going to have to play with Kerkythea when I get my system back up and operational... New board refuses to come in...

Marci, that's incredible work you've done. You're gonna make me put a PA160 in the front of my system yet...

10. Teyber

Teyber ******

hey someone help:

i only have regular SU, how can i either save into a format kerk accepts or get kerk to accept su files!@?? sorry if it was answered above... ill re-reqad just in case

11. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

I spent ages finding a plugin which exports to obj format, but I imagine there's a better one out there - can anyone provide a decent exporter?

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Download the SU exporter plug-in from the Kerkythea website. It installs in the plug-in folder of SketchUp, and shows some new export options in the SketchUp menu (under plugins).

The Pro version of SketchUp exports to various formats, including .obj. Else I expect you can use Kerkythea as a go-between (export from SU to Kerkythea, then export from Kerkythea as .obj).

Last edited: 20 Oct 2007
  13. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

cheers nexxo, don't know why I didn't think to look there for one! :duh:

14. scooby

scooby Minimodder

[​IMG]
    Source: Google SketchUp For Dummies:lol:

Google SketchUp For Dummies by Aidan Chopra available at your local book store is a great resource of information grab it if you can.

@Marci, yes I have used the SandBox tool it is great and IMO is just not for creating landscapes. You can do so much with that tool.

@Teyber, the free version of SU has its limitations. Follow the instrutions that Nexxo said and you should be fine.

15. scooby

scooby Minimodder

My Kerkythea rendering of the Thremalright HR-09 U and S Type 2 mosfet heatsinks. Almost looks real huh!!!

[​IMG]

SU file will be up soon in two files one for the "U" version and one for the "S" version.

[​IMG]

Scoob:thumb:

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

downloading Kerkythea as we speak :) :D

17. Marci

Last edited: 23 Oct 2007
  18. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

hey does anyone here know how to make a soft edged (rounded) cube?

19. Marci

Entire of pages 75 & 76 of this thread are basically all on making rounded edged objects... just go back 2 pages and read...

20. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder