1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Silent Blue CaseCon (18 July Update)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sik19, 21 Aug 2007.

1. cheezeit

cheezeit What's a Dremel?

Wow, very very nice work. I agree with bending 3mm aluminum without a break, thats gotta be a big arm and a big hammer :D

2. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Now that's a hammer anyone could be proud to own. I love the minimal use of acrylic to compliment the aluminum, looks awesome

3. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Some great ideas and one great looking case there dude ! :thumb:

4. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?

Thank you guys :thumb:, and as promised, here is todays Update.

I started to print the letters in different Sizes, to find the most fitting one (it was the third).
    [​IMG]

Then i moved on to cut them out and file them. I think you should have seen that more than one time in this thread, so i just post only one picture of the process and go straight to the results.
    [​IMG]

Here´s the HDD Cage. I still have to polish the letters and the surface of the cage need some more brushing. Also im thinking about making a black alu pice, like that on the dvd drive, for the box. What do you think will it look better or worse than now?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well that was todays Update.
    stay tuned.

5. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, sorry no new progress so far. Im still awaiting my order and i have to go to the local stores the next days. In the meantime, to make the waiting not too hard, i made a video of my sketchup drawing. I dont now if its allowed to embed the Video here, so to be save i link it.

Click here for the Video

If anything new comes up, you are the first to know.

6. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

........ I for one am not worried about that , the next update will come and be good for sure ....and it will be .... sik style as usual ............ :thumb:

Alan

7. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?

Hi Alan, its funny that you post today, because today there is an Update, a tiny one, but there is one.

Today I went to the local stores to buy the alu angle (is it called like this?) and the sandpaper.

After that I went straight into my cellar to work. Now the HDD Case can be mounted in the Case and the surface of the Cage recieved some treatment with the 1000 grit Sandpaper.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the cage is nearly complete.

Well that was the Update for today. But to compensate for this tiny update, i used all my (not aviable) skills to create a lil movie.

(looks like im too dumb for integrating the YouTube Vid here, somehow it doesnt work)
    For now here is the Link http://simonkohlstock.blogspot.com/

Now thats it really for today, until next Time.

8. theAlien

yep ...... correct ......... great to see that you also got some of the "elbow grease" too ..........:D

Alan

9. ssR

ssR Carbon God

excellent work there dude, i really like the blue plexi touches on the case outlines, and overall a very clean work
    keep it up!

10. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?

Thanks, what do you guys think of the Video? Its my first, so im very interested in Feedback.

11. theAlien

I would make the black plate for the HDD cage so that it fits the overall look .................:thumb:

I just checked it out ............ the video is very good :thumb:

Alan

12. eNoremac

eNoremac What's a Dremel?

Hey I got a question for you.. But before I do that.. This is mind blowing HTPC dude.. So the question is what kind of metal did you use? How thick as for MM in the sheet metal you used for the layout?

13. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

3rd sentence of the first post.
    Alu is one of the choice metals to modders due to how light it is, how easy it is to bend, and it is easy to cut.
    and-
    Read The Thread.

14. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?

Yes thats right, im using 3mm alu in the hole con, thanks 500mph *thumbsup*

15. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Looks very clean and neat.

16. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?

Thanks Klekkus, i hope i can present a new update this weekend. I have ordered my stuff at a new dealer. Nearly one month has passed and i diddnt get what i wanted from the last one. I hope this one is better. I only want 3 80mm Fans:waah: cant be this hard.

And i got a big shock when i read the news today, i nerly fell from my chair, thanks to all Bit-Tech Stuff and all the Readers for this :rock:

17. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?

This week my long long long awaited Fans arrived. After the first dealer didnt sent me his bank account number or reply to one of my 7 mails, i decided too look for another shop. And i fpund one, they even have Fans, which have the same colour as my acrylic. So i ordered 3 of them and thre days later the y arrived, there were even some sweets in there, those guys know what modders like :clap:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Fan are very cool, but the dont have any LEDs attached, this was something that needed to be fixed. So every Fan got 4 5mm holes and blue LEDs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Casefans got two switches (each one got one) so that i could turn off or on the LEDs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The third fan is for the PSU and was built in shortly after i was finished soldering it. Now the PSU is complete.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats it form my side, for now.

Till the next Update.

18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Those fans match the case perfectly!

19. theAlien

those fans look great with the LED's turned on ..................
    The glowing PSU looks awesome ....................:thumb:
    Where did you order those fans?

Alan

20. sik19

sik19 What's a Dremel?