1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official Bit-Tech F1 2007 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 27 Nov 2006.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The thing that annoyed me was that Hamiltons been very cool and calm all the time but as soon as he lost he was crying his eyes out.

GET A BLOODY BACKBONE. You're british, the british do not cry when they come 2nd, they say "Well, he won this time but at least I beat the current world champion"

2. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

You going to go and say that to the English Rugby Squad as well?

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

When?? he was smiling and looked ok and shaked hands with Kimi. I never seen him cry?

4. mikeuk2004

Mclaren have appealed regarding the fuel scandel. as much as id like to see Lewis be world champion. I dont think having the 3 drivers disqualified and then Lewis becoming world champian is the right way about it. You dont want your first win being an outcome of a scandle and remebered about that. you want the win to be remebered for your great driving and skill.

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think it was the right result for Hamilton not to win the title - he's got plenty of time!

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Front cover of the times today

7. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Harsh. Very Harsh. If in the same situation, could you have kept your emotions under check? I know I couldn't.

With the amount of pressure on him, and the fact that he'd just lost his dream (Ok he cocked up the start, but that was recoverable - the gearbox issue was another thing) by 1 point, I think he's entitled to get choked up. Other champion elects have. Guys with less to lose have... Look at Vettel when he crashed out in Japan.

I'm in two minds over the appeal. On the one hand, the FIA are supposed to be so strict these days and are wanting to be seen to be fair, that the playing field is level & every team is treated in the same manner. This being the case, I'd suggest that it would be hypocrisy for them not to investigate the fuel issue further, and the impose penalties should the teams be in the wrong (which it seems clear that they are). The penalty imposed is unimportant - exclusion from the result would be great news for Lewis (and the guys in 8th, 9th & 10th), but even a fine would be good. It would show that the FIA are sticking to the word, and treating everyone the same.

However, I'm quite happy for 2007 to end like this. Although I'm bitterly disapointed that Lewis didn't win the championship, the Gobby Spaniard didn't, and Kimmibot was about due a title. It also has the added effect of giving Lewis the drive to go for it next year, when he'll have a team mate that doesn't whine and moan all the time about being number 1.

Lewis and Kovalinen for 2008, I say. :)

8. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I usually dont give a sh.. about F1 but its nice to see that Kimi won even thou he is a drunk, spoiled idiot, he still represents Finland:wallbash:

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

10. mikeuk2004

He wont forget that mistake in a hurry.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

12. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Nope it was the Ferrari International Alliance (FIA). :D

13. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Looking at this, even Hamilton agrees with that:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071023122524.shtml

Kudos to him for that :thumb:

14. Jamie

I think anyone in his position would say the same. He knows he is a good driver and as long as he has a good team behind him he will push for the title again. Winning by disqualification will not look good on this record.

15. identikit

identikit Minimodder

So all the amazing tech heads in F1 and there are still buttons on your steering wheel that can render your car immobile?! Surely they would have a program that cuts out the use of the button until it is actually needed.

Just wait until next year when all the teams run FIA supplied ECUs!

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I now think its better he didn't win.. He'll be up for it more in '08 and experiance knows no bounds...

17. GreatOldOne

FIA supplied, designed and built by McLaren. :)

Apparently there has been a roving band of Macca engineers touring the different teams helping them integrate the new ECU in to their '08 car... So how long before they start moaning that McLaren have a competitive advantage due to a) supplying the electronics and b) having had access to their cars. :eyebrow::D

18. GreatOldOne

19. Jamie

Thought it might have been made up, just goes to show, don't believe what the media says.

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I just heard a random blip on the radio...

night racing in Singapore for 2008!?!?

edit: and no engine development for 10 years??? I must have heard that wrong, if not, Honda is royally screwed :lol:

Tags: