1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BioWare working on KOTOR MMO?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 23 Oct 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

need to close the strikethrough tags :)

Sounds like galaxies to me, i'm too leary to waste my money on something like that..but hey it's still in development for over a year, so maybe they'll put something thats worth playing.

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

It seems unlikely that LucasArts would allow EA/BioWare to use the Star Wars franchise to create an MMO in competition with Galaxies, their own Star Wars MMO, even if it's set ~5000 years before the era of Galaxies.

Either way, if it involves subscription fees then I'll be disinterested even before an official press release. :p

Last edited: 23 Oct 2007
  4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

You forget how much of a 'cash in on the franchise any way possible' whore George is, plus are there still people playing Galaxies? Anyway by the time anything would possibly come of this Galaxies must have ran itself dry by then.

5. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

I was a long time player of SWG (star War Galaxies). I stuck with it for 3 years since it came out.
    For 18 months it was a really fun game to play. but what probley killed it was the jedi Profession - everyone wanted to be a jedi.
    there were 30 Professions when the game started, and now it has 9.

Back on point, after the game started to suffer becouse of the changes that kept being put into the game to try and bring in lots of new players (a plan that only managed to make them loose more of the old players) the bioware rumor started up. I'd say that it has been a rumor for about 2 years now, and started as a rumor that bioware would take over the running of galaxies becouse of the mess that SOE had made of the game (I will never play another SOE game becouse of the mess they made of the game).
    It later changed to them making a new mmo based on kotor, and I keep hearing this rumor pop up every now and then. So I would not read too much into it.

6. Dvs98SK

Dvs98SK What's a Dremel?

I would love it. If it was free. Loved both KOTOR's.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

KOTOR3 > KOTOR-MMO tbh.
    Are they just pushing off the single player mode? :(

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Yeah, I'd much rather see the next Kotor than an MMO, IMHO. Loved the first two.

9. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Like others I would be really (pleasantly) surprised if this was true. However:
    Quoted for truth

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

yet another mmo.....

11. Wargath

Wargath What's a Dremel?

By the way, we have launched a Wiki Knowledge Base that will be continuously enriched with information about BioWares's upcoming next-generation MMO. Everyone is welcome to visit the KotOR MMO Wiki at http://kotor.mmolab.com.

12. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'm apprehensive about this. I'm unsure if they've really been given permission to compete against, and probably force out of the market, Star Wars: Galaxies.

Tags: Add Tags