1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Purchases Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by plug_in_ross, 10 Dec 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hm, $500 for a fancy knob is a bit overkill for what I do. Just checked out their website... I'm assuming it's only good for 2d navigation in Photoshop, right? If there was a touch more support on the Mac side I could probably justify the $60ish for the basic version, but for how often I use sketchup... oh, I'm sure I'll end up talking myself into getting one soon enough. I'll be sending you a bill :D

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

I use the middle mouse button for panning and such like plus the keyboard with short cuts, what does the litle blue thing do in works thats worth the dough.

I just bought a Fridge Freezer YAY and filled it with beer :p lol

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It allows me to work very quickly, rotating and panning the object with the left hand while I am building it with my right.

@Firehed: The Space Navigator works out of the box with a range of applications, which are listed on the 3D Connexion website. Bryce is not (yet) amongst them, unfortunately, although Poser is.

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I'm assuming it's strictly a support-app-only device, but could you try local.live.com in the 3d mode and tell me if the Space Navigator has any function within it whatsoever? I might be sold if it did, as I don't really use Google Earth much. Much appreciated if you do.

<A88>

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Talking of purchases, just ordered 2GB of laptop memory and had the Office Ultimate backup discs arrive the other day having bought the £38 'Ultimate Steal'. All this legal software's making me feel dizzy.

<A88>

6. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

in CAD applications like sketchup, solidworks, inventor etc, its priceless because manipulating it is just like moving the object (you use the left hand and keep the other on the mouse) the reason I got the $500 variant is that CAD gets repetitive, and shortcuts are king, so is more fluid control of your designs.

to clarify it allows movement in 6 axes: zoom in/out, spin left/right, spin up/down, pan left/right, pan up/down, rotate left/right

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Nexxo how did you find the spacenav.???? I have one too

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Dunno what the heck those apps are. The only things of interest to me that I saw on the list are Sketchup and CS3. Obviously the sketchup navigation would be intuitive... I'm just curious how it'd be used in CS3. Presumably panning and zooming, and you'd have no rotation control.

9. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

nokia n800

10. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

Toshiba Satellite L30-10V Laptop Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2080 1.73GHz 512MB 60GB DVD-SM 15.4" XGA TFT Windows® Vista® Home Basic Edition for my sisters brts to play on

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Two Scan external SATA to USB cases for my 500GB drives. My laptop will have 1.08TB of space come tomorrow :D

I also bought a white 12" Crumpler Gimp sleeve for my laptop because it needs TLC

12. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Some materials for the mod/worklog I'm planning. Spent a whole $24.99. ;P

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Please say it's not your knee!

14. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Lol, no... it's not my knee. Ortho surgeon appointment is the day before Thanksgiving though. You know, that day feisty colonists celebrate the natives saving their starving collective arses? ;P

Some assorted materials I've not seen anyone use in a mod thus far. It gives some really neat finishes and planning a great use for them. I'll give more info once I have things going and some photos to share.

15. THRASHER2

THRASHER2 Pimpin' Deals 24/7

MSI RX1550-TD256E Radeon X1550 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - $29

MSI RX1550-TD128EH Radeon X1550 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card $9.00

16. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

2 more gigabytes of OCZ ram and a zalman, overclocking here I come!
    Thrasher, where did you pick those up for such a price?

17. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Last night I bought a 32" 720p CRT tv, an Xbox 360 Premium with Halo 3, GOW and Forza 2 (Awful). Also bought an extra wireless controller :D

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Just been out to get to get a train ticket to London, an some lunch...

Tonight should be fun...

19. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

whaddaya mean awful, forza 2 rocks

20. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

I find driving games like that too slow, games like burnout revenge, Juiced 2 etc are much faster imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.