1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News UK police shut down illegal pig site

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Oct 2007.

1. Slink

Slink B7

they still wont come and look at my damaged roof though will they, twats

2. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

So should any of its users be worried or anything? Like a 'cabin in the mountains with an uzi' kind of worried?

3. topher

topher SHam!

ROFLMAO:clap:

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

last news is they going to investigate the user database and find the individual users that where registered. And arest them all if they can....

So e.e.l. ambiense.. you must be white around the nose now! HAve you packed you suitcase allready?

:D

5. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

hardy har har.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

No, there's no need to be worried. TPB got their servers siezed and nothing happened because of it. All the servers could list would be the IP addresses of people who've downloaded torrent files. That's nowhere near good enough evidence on it's own to make a prosecution for breach of copyright.

7. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

hmmm i now hate being asked in work were can i dl music and tellin people you have to pay and they wondring why and not understanding i jsut mention 200000£ fines usually seals the discusssion

Last edited: 23 Oct 2007
  8. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

i live in a town called keighley in west yorkshire, a town riddled with drug dealers and nasty people. Why the police aren't sorting out these people, who actually cause real harm to people and instead cracking down on the original sin of piracy which only benefits the public (ok, so what if some already stinking rich businesses lose out) is beyond me.

p.s
    Bill Bryson in his book Notes from a Small Island jokingly asked why it was that the British Army uses beautiful countryside for munition target practice, rather than a place like Keighley.

9. ajack

ajack rox

I live ~5 miles from Keighley. I aim never to go there again if possible, it's literally one of the worst places I've ever been.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2007
  10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Meh, who cares?

...could never get an invite

Past evidence has suggested otherwise. Having said that, it does make me somewhat thankful for dynamic IPs. Not that it would ever be a problem for me.

11. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

if any one did have an account there and the old bill come knocking just say "yeah it was dl'ed via my computer". I've just found the virus that the bad naughty music pirate was using that let him dl music via my computer and deleted it sorry about that :)

12. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Noooo, Ive been using oink for the past year and got so much from it. It was brilliant for Albums and applications :(

Had a really tight invite system, hence why not a lot of people know about it.

R.I.P Oink

13. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Damn. I occasionally relied on them for extremely obscure and impossible to find music.

14. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Gutted! :(
    Best site ever!

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

excuse me, I think you'll find bit-tech is the best site ever. Maybe Oink was a close second :p

16. Kufwit

Kufwit What's a Dremel?

Still amazes me that the police spend any time or effort on these "criminals". surely the cash strapped budget boys should be concentrating on real crimes that hurt real people. besides its only one of hundreds of similar sites. They are making no impact at all on download levels and probably never will without bringing down a police state.

Surely the guy who got arrested could just say God phoned him and told him to do it. Worked for Bush when invading Iraq :)

17. slugs

slugs Minimodder

never heard of the site. i do wonder what people think when the register on this kind of site. eventually they will get raided and dependant on the logging avaliable on the site be traced.

18. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Of course...
    I was being type-specific... ;)

19. quack

quack Minimodder

http://tehpaine.blogspot.com/ - some official information about OiNK the person and OiNK the site.

Also, do not donate to any "legal defence funds" unless they are specifically linked to from that site, otherwise you could just be handing your cash over to a scammer.

20. quack

quack Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags