1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man jailed for urinating on dying woman

Discussion in 'Serious' started by herbs, 26 Oct 2007.

1. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

read more at bbc news website

I just can't believe such an act happened, that just explains the lack or moral and personal standards in this country.

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Doesn't explain much. :(

3. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

If that was my mother I would be on my way to prison right now, as I would have killed him.

4. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

Good. I hope he enjoys showering with bulky murderers. He'll soon realise that urinating on a passed-out person does, in fact, not make you the coolest person in the world/the internet/the prison.

I think this is definately a good example of justice.

5. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Two things that seem infinite: The universe and human stupidity...and I'm not sure about the universe.
    People like this have no place in a civilized world, It's a shame the old punishment of banishment is not still around. We don't need scum like this.:miffed:

6. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

wait, what?

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I'm not so sure there is a civilized world anymore...

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

How sad for you.

This was a terrible thing, but some people seem to forget that news, is mostly bad. No one gives a crap about the kid who spotted an old lady crossing the road and so helped her the rest of the way, so it doesn't make it to the news, but believe it or not, that kind of behaviour still happens. Most people are good. Its just they don't get noticed.

9. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Where's that ripped from?... Einstein isnt it? "I just can't believe such an act happened, that just explains the lack or moral and personal standards in this country." well lets be honest. When was the last time you heard of anything like this happening?

10. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

As Will says, things like this are not normal and hence deemed newsworthy.

God help us when the boy helping the woman cross the street is newsworthy...

11. mushi_999

mushi_999 Minimodder

Some of the things on youtube. Are horrible. I recently seen someone about yoko the clown he goes around treat or treating and swearing at people and kids. Thats not funny. It's stupid. Makes me wonder if its' real or not But either way stupid

12. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

This is just sick. What would drive a person to do this?

13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

by the sounds of it YouTube hits and a litle ****ed in the head.

14. walle

walle Minimodder

I agree with your thought and doubts, IMO mankind is like a teenage child in her early stage of development, going utterly bonkers and creating mayhem all over the place. Something is indeed very wrong here; but it seems as if though people are finally starting to wake up.

I would say it’s sad for all of us. We all need to take a step back in order to see the whole picture, not just looking at the random pixels; of which this incident would qualify as being one.

rant

What worries me a great deal is that those in the drivers’ seat appear to be one step closer towards insanity by the day.

cheers.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2007
  15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2745465.ece

http://daod.wordpress.com/2007/05/25/girl-raped-as-she-dies/

Actually, events like that are more frequent than you think. They don't make the news not because they are rare, but because they are so common.

Society has never been a wholesome place --fairytales have a dark edge to them for a reason. Children had to be taught about the bad world out there. It is not until the Victorian times that social hypocrisy thrived and fairytales got cleaned up (blame Disney for the rest). We started to believe our own hype and now get all melancholy about the good old days that never were.

16. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

spot on nexxo, just because this stuff doesnt hit the newswaves that often doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

also right nexxo, I think its getting more prevalent nowadays as well, for a simple reason, Mankind in general no longer worries about survival, They dont have to think about saving meat for the coming winter, how their house is going to hold up, how many seasons the mule is gonna last pulling that plough before he kicks the bucket. There will always be people twisted and screwed up, I think todays society just pushes the percentage factor up there higher.
    "Idle hands do the devils work" as the old saying goes And people may think that Im pessimistic, Which I am, but that is besides the point. When a society no longer has to worry about survival on a day to day basis problems start popping up..... If anything as things like welfare etc etc start handing out more and more cash to able bodied peoples so they dont have to work, what are these people going to be up to with all their available time? I work 50+ hours a week and I still get in loads of trouble :D I cant imagine how bad it would be if i didnt have to worry bout bills or working........ I would prolly tear so much crap up its not even funny(i was a complete sob as a kid).

Also this is not really the same topic, But todays society is also very prejudiced against those who think differently, Not as In I like beer and you prefer wine kinda way, As society progresses people will start thinking in different ways...... hm.... not a good way to put it but oh well. Ie myself for example, I used the freak out my parents as a kid so they took me to a shrink to make sure i wasnt insane :D:clap: while Im definitely not insane, My thought processes, in general, go off in different directions than the mythical average person. Not necessarily a bad thing but different, society doesnt like different.

The above paragraph leads to this, I had a single friend who thought in a similar way to myself and she was commited to an institution for 3.5years simply due to differences, I think as we society progress in the route were taking, we start taking too much at face value and stop thinking about why something is like that, You see something on the news and you just accept it as it is, Im not saying this particular article of news has anything wrong with it, probably 100% accurate and truthful, but this type of mindset leads down dangerous in the future, or so I myself believe.:rock:

anyway Ill finish up my little rant here and get on with doing whatever I was doing before I spotted this article :eek:

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this kind of remembered me of electric retard.... but that is sick anyway.....

18. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

A couple of possibly sailent points...

This kid did not kill the woman. She died of somthing unrelated and while he did abuse her, that abuse made no difference in the outcome. The only reason this made the news is because the woman died. If she had been passed out drunk on the sidewalk and he did this it would be a funny youtube video in a sick sort of way (I can see the comments now, "She deserved it for getting drunk"). I have the sneaking suspician that people are all riled up about this not because of the gravity of the act but because people like getting riled up.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Maybe he thought she'd been attacked by a jellyfish.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Oh, that makes it alright then. :rolleyes:

Couple more salient points, while we're at it. This lady, who had learning difficulties and ongoing health problems, was the victim of long standing bullying by the local neighbourhood chavs. The man who took a piss on her was her neighbour, and this was not the first time he had victimised her for his entertainment. she was well known with the laughing crowd as an object of their ridicule.

Despite her difficulties, this woman had managed to eke out some form of independent living. But rather than giving her some modicum of respect for that, or letting her get on with it, she was seen as an easy mark for some petty low-life morons' cheap laughs.

Her cause of death was acute pancreatic failure. Perhaps if someone had called an ambulance, she might have survived, or at least have died in relative comfort and dignity.

So yeah, sorry if I get riled up. After all you get pissed about all sorts of rather more esoteric matters that you feel are wrong with the US, and feel the need to flood this forum with. But this is humanity up close and personal. lf we don't care about this, it doesn't matter whether we get worked up about our precious civil rights. Wake up and smell the civilisation.

Maybe he was just a despicable asshole.