1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Timeshift

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Nov 2007.

1. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Are we still talking about Requiem here? There were multiple endings? What did I miss?

That's 'doos', not 'does', as in the plural of "fair do", but "doos" looks silly, so I guess we're stuck with "does".

What's wrong with "You've got"? It flows much better when reading than "You have got"

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

There weren't multiple endings, but I remember having a conversation with you once where we both described entirely different endings...

Firstly, we do proof read. First I do it but, since I know what I'm saying already, I often miss things. That's when Tim does his edit and proof read.

Secondly, it isn't a semantical arguement. Semantics is the study of the meaning of words, this is a stylistics choice to convey the same meaning in a more conversational manner so it would be a stylistical error if anything. But it still isn't. "You've got" is the compacted version of "You have got". I have (or rather, I've) written reviews in the past which have been in the full grammar from a prescriptivist approach but it always ends up reading like an essay rather than a review. That could work on some sites, but not here where the writers are often close to (if not adopted out of) the community of readers.

3. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Sorry if I've offended, that was not my intention. Perhaps to be more clear I should have stated that I wish that someone else had proof read it. And I understand that multiple parties usually proof read these articles.

However, do like the way it was written. Just that certain things were not to my particular grammatical liking. I'm not an English teacher nor do I claim to be. It's just that certain things made bump stops while reading the article.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You've certainly not offended - I love getting critiscism when ever it's constructive and I see what you mean. No worries :)

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Finished the PC version of the game.

It is not a 5, probably a 7.

Once we get to the crossbow, there is no turning back.
    Best way to eliminate the jetpacked, the shielded and the timeshifting enemies.

Tags: Add Tags