1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New DS handheld on the way?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Those bigger screens do sound tempting but lack of GBA port is bad, so I'll stick with my Lite.

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

GBA adaptor for those using GBA games will sort them out. maybe a DS with a built in OS with web browsing

4. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

It depends on how big the screens are, and how small it is, but I think a lot of people are happy with the lite so we probably wont see this for awhile

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So nintendo are now getting rid of backward compatibility?? Seems like the going trend. My Wife's DS is still being unused since I got her it and now my brothers wife wants one.

But if that is true and that you say they dont intend to do a re-designed unit until sales start to fall, I think we are going to have a real long wait. I dont see this happening for a few years yet so no point getting hopes up.

6. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I get why people like the idea of backward compatibility, but how many people actually make use of it? I can honestly say I have abandoned GBA games since getting a DS, and have never slotted a GC game into my Wii... having said that, it is nice to know that I could if I really wanted to.

7. Nature

Nature Minimodder

"Normally we try to keep from posting uncomfirmed rumors," ... Unlike those comfirmed rumors.

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

It's just a matter of when really. Should really snap one up at some point seeing as I spend a lot of time either bored to death or on trains.

<A88>

9. revlob

revlob What's a Dremel?

I'm still happily gaming away on my original DS, having avoided the temptation of a Lite. However, an even slimmer unit with larger screens could probably convince me to part with some cash, depending on the price. The removal of the GBA port was going to happen sooner or later though.

I do have a green GBA Micro for when I fancy the odd go :)

10. hawky84

hawky84 SilentModder

I'm a sucker for Nintendo and have every console and portable they have done, guess the sick addiction will continue to another DS...

I quite like the idea of a missing GBA port if this reduces size, the only thing I used it for was browser memory, so if they use the internal memory instead and with good quality homebrew cards and games what is the need for it?

11. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

I would bet that the on board memory would be used to replace the GBA games...
    I also bet ya that you will be able to buy and download old GBA/GBC/GB games online, and store them on the DS...
    Also, all GB-GBA game carts have product numbers on them, why not just type it in and have the system download a digital copy of your already purchased game...

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Tags: Add Tags