1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Nov 2007.

1. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Just completed it, my arms/wrists hurt like hell but OMG 10/10 game :D

As for the mouse "problems" with bioshock, im using a mx510 with mouseware drivers, and it feels normal to me :)

Last edited: 18 Nov 2007
  2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Am glad for you, finishing Crysis and feeling no Bioshock mouse problem.
    Trying to fix Bioshock mouse problem even changed the old MX518 for a new DeathAdder, same thing.

3. dognosh

dognosh What's a Dremel?

same setup as you but with dual Ultras, what frame rate do you get at what res and graphics settings ? (including AA if you use it)
    let me know roughly where you test it on and I'll do the same, I don't think I am getting much more than you(I know it's not yet optimised for SLI or quad core)

p.s. Can you test at 1280X1024 please:D
    from memory at this res and V High detail,no AA ,I am getting 25-40 fps
    (DX10 on Vista)

4. pigme1000000

pigme1000000 What's a Dremel?

what a game,i thought bio shock was good 10/10

5. 8igdave

8igdave Counting down the days to November!

Just disable sli and run it...

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Why did they have to ruin it with those craptastic aliens?? Did they not listen to anything anyone said about far cry?

7. pigme1000000

pigme1000000 What's a Dremel?

i thought the alien part injected a bit of drama into the game rather than just fighting boring human bad guys, was a bit of a matrix/war of the worlds rip off tho...........

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

As an example. I'm just out of alien mountain thing. I'm wandering down the hill and on 3 occasions the same big spaceship drops 3 equally **** enemies on the ground and they start attacking. Doing that three times in a row is tedious enough, but the fact that the aliens don't even act like anything more than the humans just makes them pointless. Sure they do that rush at you really fast thing, but other than that, nothing new. They can fly right? So why are they jumping onto rock stacks? Why don't they zip around at lightning speed and force me to do something new. I've been using these sneak around, then rush and attack before disappearing for all the enemies previously. That was fine, they were all the same. But now that I'm facing something new, surely they could have made it act different.

This is literally what they did with Far Cry. They made new looking enemies that acted in the exact same way and required no new tactics. It made the game booring.

First half of Crysis: Fun
    Second half of Crysis: FAIL!

9. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Great work Joe, that review has to be "Game review of the year" IMO. Right on the money with your analysis. :clap:

10. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Bioshock will never be played again and it lost steam 1/2 way through. Also, there's no penalty for dying, so it becomes incredibly pointless for those of us that like Delta on Crysis and reloading saves to "go at it a different way." I've probably put more hours into the first level of Crysis than the entire system shock 2007. It was def good times, but imo, fails entirely compared to the non linear gameplay of Crysis. (ep2 rocked, but it'll only be played 1 more time)

11. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I'm finding the motion blur highly annoying - I've disabled it.

Only motion blur in any game I like is HL2:EP2 engine games. Not OTT, but its there. Crysis feels like is trying to hard to show it can do motion blur.

12. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

My Q6600, 8800GT and 4GB of RAM are arriving on Friday ready to play! Can't wait :D

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

4Gb? You running in 64 bit?

14. adamc

adamc What's a Dremel?

yer got vista premium 64bit coming as well...

Is anyone running in DX10? I've heard horror stories about DX10 mode being unplayable...

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

you bet.

even my GTX can't play it at all very high at native resolution.

so if you've got a 15inch monitor, you should be able to play in Dx10 with all on highest.

16. 8igdave

8igdave Counting down the days to November!

im hoping two of the new GTS's at 1200x1000 should do it nicely in dx10 :)

17. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Playing this game in Vista x64 w or wo/ 4GB did nothing for me. Moving back to XP x86 after 3 months proved to be a very welcome and early Christmas present IMO. :D

18. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You managed to play games with Vista for three months?! :eeek:

I envy your patience.

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

can i just ask: how much vRAM have you got and how much usable RAM was there in XP 32bit?

20. laynesassepd

laynesassepd TECH

Im using 64 bit vista and it is working fine for me i have most every thing on med except objects on high shaders on high particals on low and sound on low. I play this at 1980x1200 and when i use the bench marks i get 31 fps average i use a q6600 oc to 3.0 800mhz ram at 4-4-4-12 and a 8800 gtx if I lower the resolution to native which I think is 1080 x 800 or something like that i can play at very high on all but if it is streched out to my 24 inch wide screen it looks horrible if i play it in windowed mode it looks great but my desktop back ground shows and is annoying.

Tags: Add Tags