1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 The Call of Duty 4 Thread WARNING SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by pranks7er, 9 Nov 2007.

1. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

If I'm not mistaken "leftenant" is the british spelling and pronunciation of the ranking god forbid they
    should get something like that wrong!

2. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

its spelt lieu and pronounced left...

3. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

thanks for the correction mate

4. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Just finished it - one of the best games i've played in ages. Top stuff.

5. fathazza

still good fun tho :)

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

thats cause those are subtitles.

anyways this morning was playing HQ on that small map called Shipment and got over 700 points. got 127 kills and 55 deaths. lots of airstrikes and helicopters

7. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

And that matters how?

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

they have it typed as how its pronounced. ive seen it like that in many things. its written how its pronounced and not how its actually spelled.

9. fathazza

??
    subtitles arent meant to be phonetic...

10. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

As a heavy user of subtitles, I've never seen subtitles spelling words phonetically.

On the subject of spelling mistakes though, I'm sure one of the McNamara quotes should've been 'There'll' rather than 'They'll'.

Nit-picking aside, what an utterly fantastic game. I've only completed SP on Hardened mode so far and played a few of the Arcade missions again but it is so much fun storming through the smaller levels (especially the epilogue) and shooting bad guys through walls and chairs. :rock:

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

This game has a lot going for it. Looks amazing, plays really well, great characters, great set pieces, great sound.

But you can't open doors.

What. The. ****.

12. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

yeah, that annoyed me too. sure some doors they had to use an explosive to open, but most were not locked.

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Standing around, and having to wait for a team mate to open a door is insane in a game this recent. It totally undermines the sense of immersion it otherwise provides faultlessly.

I also think a cover system is another mystifying omission from the game. Seeing the bad guys blind fire from behind a barrel, and be unable to do the same is just stupid. The game, on any setting higher than Regular, REQUIRES the use of cover for every single encounter. So why not include something so obviously necessary?

14. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Just finished this...Didnt take very long so i found it a bit short, but still a fantastic game.

I also found the teamates to wander off a lot, or i guess i wandered off and found my self alone having to back track to find my team!
    Game wasn't too hard ( i think i played it on one after regular ) and the only time i died over and over and over and over was in the
    dissarming of the nuke missile mission, where there were two hallways to the left and right, and which ever you went down you get shot in the back from the other!

Also loved the fact that you
    blew that guys arm off, then at the end while predictable the pistol is slid to you and you finish him off, with him looking right at you...

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I am addicted to the Multiplayer for this game. In the past 2 days I have already reached Staff Sergeant II (Got it during my Lunchbreak in a crazy game of HQ.) HQ is by far my favorite type of game to play. Get on a good squad, take in 1 or 2 challenge completions, and winning the map nets you a potential 800+ Experience from it. I love it. I fell into a missle silo on that map with the destroyed choppers and tanks with the hangers everywhere and completed the challenge for falling to your death; by accident haha.

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i have i think 17 hours in online. im @ level 39
    1.4 kill/death ratio
    18% accuracy.

dont know how many points but its alot.

ya HQ is also my favorite. then Domination and Sabotage

if ya want a good chance at tons of points play HQ @ Shipment. use MP5 with the more damage perk. if youre good you can get lots of points even if your team loses.

17. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Still confused as to what rose tinted glasses people are playing this game with. The game is buggy, poorly implemented and just plain bad. Don't get me wrong though, the levels and missions are well designed and thought out to an extent.

I enjoyed sniping but due to the way the game is built I can't just stand back and pick off the enemies for my team to advance. I have to be the one advancing otherwise the enemies just keep respawning.

18. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I haven't seen any bugs yet..

19. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

I think Jamie's sore because he's stuck...:hehe:

(No doubt I will be too. Just wait until you see me online, it's really sad to be used as a target by everyone...)

20. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

You sure you're playing the same game Jamie? :D The only rose tinted glasses I've played with so far is the Red Sight enhancement I earned with my Ak-47 and Mini-Uzi. :cooldude:

Tags: