1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Few shots from a day out :D

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by c.u.later, 20 Nov 2007.

1. c.u.later

c.u.later What's a Dremel?

hey guys, I was out recently biking down the Elan Valley, and managed to take a few shots. had a play with some of em in photoshop, think they look pretty cool, any opinions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the links, I'm too lazy to manually scale and upload smaller ones :D

any thoughts appreciated, I'm pretty new to this :p

c.u.later

p.s. edited now :D

Last edited: 20 Nov 2007
  2. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

The URL of the first image is missing a zero, and it would actually be great if you could scale those down to about 800x600 and put them in tags so we won't have to open them all.

That aside, I really like the second and fourth images. The fourth is definitely my favorite - it all looks very peaceful with the completely still water. Another thing that appeals to me about all four is that there's almost no sign of modern civilization.

3. c.u.later

edited now, and all the pics have links to the bigger versions if u want :D

anyway thanks man, and of course there's no civilization - it's Wales! :p

c.u.later

4. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I really like number 2 and 4. Number 4 is especially beautiful with the reflection in the water .I do think that they would benefit from a bit of post processing .Perhaps just up the contrast a tad to get rid of the grey film. :)

5. Seth

Seth What's a Dremel?

Where abouts in the world are these taken?

6. c.u.later

OleJ - I tried upping the contrast, but then the reflection in the water began to darken too much, I think this is probably the best compromise :)

Seth - these were taken bout 10 miles from where I live, Elan Valley in the middle of Wales

c.u.later

7. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Was it misty when you shot these? That would explain why the hills are a little gray. A shame you couldn't up the contrast, but yeah better retain that reflection :)

8. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

2nd that, 2 and 4 are nice, just a shame the colours and contrast are a bit bland. It looks to me like the edges are a bit blured, what camera were you using?

Either way I like the framing and angles/shapes you've captured in 2 and 4 :)

9. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

As said, 2 and 4 are nice. Horizon's seem off to me in both, though. #2 needs slight anti-cw rotation, #4 cw.

10. Elz

Elz miaow

Wales? Wow! As seems to be the consensus the 2nd and 4th are my faves too. They look oriental though. The only suggestion of Wales to me are those very Welsh-looking hills in the 2nd one. Great pictures :)

11. c.u.later

ye, it was a little misty if I remember correctly, probably explains that in the background, as well as me using a pretty cheapish point and shoot camera compared stuff you lot use :p
    ooh, oriental, like the sound of that :D thanks for the comments guys, think I should go out and shoot some more :p

c.u.later

12. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Size doesn't matter. It's the motion of the ocean baby. Unless we're talking cell phone camera ;)

13. Elz

Elz miaow

dude, I use nothing. I'm no photographer, just a fan of good photography :)

Tags: