1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Going Vegie'

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 21 Nov 2007.

1. Major

Major Guest

Err, I thought Veggies ate Fish? I could easily live on Fish/Veg/Fruit anyday.

And what about chocolate? Veggies don't just eat salad, lol.

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i'm not sure the point you're trying to make here. are you pro- or anti-vegetarian? because agriculture to feed meat has a lot more impact that agriculture to feed people.

mankz, good luck. make sure to eat lots of peanut butter, keep those protein levels up.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

"i'm a level five vegan, i don't eat anything that casts a shadow"

meat rocks. but i prefer to eat it in smaller quantities cooked in nice ways.
    also i generally prefer seafood and fish to a slab of red meat, tbh. far more subtle and interesting flavours.

also, vegetarians: protein, bitches. it's far more difficult to eat a balanced diet as a vegetarian than as a meat eater. not impossible, but you have to be more regimented. fact is meat is a great source of protein.

4. CanadianViking

CanadianViking Beast from the North

Whoever mentioned potato salad wins. That stuff is the food of the gods.

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

hmm meat

6. Major

Major Guest

Isn't fish a better source of Protein?

And I agree on the Seafood thing, you cannot beat seafood, don't think I've gone to a resturant and not chosen seafood if it wasn't on the list. :)

7. Fod

fish isn't eaten by the annoying overzealous, in your face, meat is murder vegetarians - it's still meat.
    cutting out red meat is a pretty good dietary move, tbh, as it's very high in saturated fats. although you could achieve much the same thing by only eating very high quality lean meat in the first place.

8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

There are a number of nutrients and acids in meat that you won't find in any vegetable. You could intake protein supplements, but you are still omitting about half of the nutritional value in meat altogether. I don't think lowly of vegans, but I'm trying my best to hold in the "I told you so" moments when their bodies begin to show signs of protein deficiencies that the substitutes do not contain.

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's quite easy to live without eating meat and fish. It also helps prevent cancers by not putting meat into your intestines which are much much shorter than the average carnivores.

10. K

K 528491

Realeat veggie mince makes brilliant bolognese and chilli dishes. Plus it's dead cheap, lasts ages, contains about the same protein as beef mince without any saturated fats and takes a couple of minutes to cook. Now I'm hungry.

11. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Tesco mexican style bean burgers are awesome :)

Being veggie isn't a challenge at all (im NOT one btw ;)), its just that meat is damned tasty :D

12. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Good luck - there is no way I could give up meat, pretty much everything I eat, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, has meat involved!!

On the steak front - I like mine cooked just enough to kill off any bad bacteria... the more blood swimming around the plate the better!

13. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I hate vegetarians that eat fish

you have serious issues.

I hate vegetarians, like someone has pointed out, that say "meat is murder" belittling meat eaters. I would happily slaughter a poor defenseless animal to stay alive.

so vegetarians, who is up for turning carnivores vegetarian? You start with the lions and I will stand back yelling advice ;)

it is senseless not to eat meat. we are animals. just like any other animals. we are programmed as omnivores. just like any other omnivores. our bodies cannot function correctly without the balance of what meat and animal products has to offer.

rant over as i cannot be asked to carry it on

14. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Done yet? Good.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure a bull wouldn't think twice about pulverising you to death for looking at it, and I'm pretty sure a lion would tear you limb from limb. At least one of the mentioned animals would probably eat your remains, too.

Remember kids, MEAT IS MURDER! :rolleyes:

15. Fod

there wasn't really any point in responding to him - any person who puts forth an argument as badly worded (and spelled), making wild assertions without any facts to back them up, deserves to be completely ignored.

16. Coelacanth

Coelacanth What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I have been a vegetarian for 12 years, and I gotta tell you that finding protein, and keeping off the weight from carbohydrates is really easy... There is loads of protein in a lot of things (Its just finding, and combining proteins to make complete proteins, like the stuff in meat, thats a challenge). Also I know plenty of people who went vegetarian for a few months simply to loose some weight. If you lay off the pasta, and go for nice veggie meals, the weight falls off. Or eat all the carbs you want and just do some sort of exercise form time to time. Just my advise is to mix it up. There is not a lot of vegetarian variety in most restaurants, and a lot of people tend to fall into eating 4 bland meals which really wears you down fast.

Good luck to you sir and stay healthy, All too many people fall into salad/tofu and quickly become malnourished.

Finally though, I agree with everyone, You need to have a valid reason to do it though, Don't just do it to be different. Do to to reduce environmental stress (in the US, cows contribute and insanely large amount of green house gasses to the atmosphere), do it to protest the awful conditions some animals are raised in, do it just because it eating an animal bothers you, do it to loose weight, do it to prove to yourself something. Do it for some reason.

17. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

a perfect reason to eat thousands of them ;)

18. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

I didn't happen to say that wa my opinion it was some advice. That steak picture doesn't look good, harvester style steak isn't really worthy of the name!

Tags: