1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PayPal Help please

Discussion in 'General' started by peteone, 27 Nov 2007.

1. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Can anyone tell me how I can reverse a Payapl payment? Ive bought an item off someone and its become pretty obvious that hes not going to send the goods. I only made payment on friday so it hasnt been transfered from my bank yet.

Is there anyway I can stop it?

Cheers :thumb:

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think you'll have to wait about 14 days and then file dispute.

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

You made payment on friday, chance's are the person was at work and couldn't post then.
    Saturday day off maybe?
    Give them a chance lol

4. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Please don’t tell me your one of those people that throws a hissy fit if an item isn’t dispatched straight away. I actually had some one buy an item at 3-4 one afternoon and then ask me the next morning why it hadn’t arrived. I decided the chap was an idiot and didn’t send the item for week to annoy him more.

If the chap is actually dodgy just call paypal and get them to stop the transaction. You can find the number on saynoto0870.com

5. peteone

peteone Minimodder

It was agreed that it would be sent on friday morning RMSD and it didnt arrive on saturday or monday. After i bought and payed for the item we got chatting and he said a few dodgy things that got my a bit worried. Hes not answering his phone and deliberatly not answering my emails. Im not a fussy buyer ive been dealing on ebay for quite a few years now and have quite a lot of feedback. Im just gettin the idea that this guy is taking the p***.

Ill give it untill the end of today then look into cancelling the payment.

Cheers. :)

6. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Hmm so the guy doesn't actually have the money yet?

7. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Well technically not, no.

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Right, well this reminds me of when I sold something and the person was asking where it was.
    My replies were something along the lines of "Wheres my money?"

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

considering the fact that paypal hasn't taken your money yet, it's fairly safe to assume that paypal hasn't GIVEN him his money yet.

wait for the payment fo be completed rather than 'uncleared', adn then start bitching.

for future reference, check your source of backup funding (credit/debit card) to make sure it's not out of date - if it does then bank xfers will take 7 working days rather than be instant.

10. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Nope, we agreed that the item would be sent on friday morning which was not the case Ive a good right to start bitching.

Edit: Soz for being short, bit stressed about other things at the moment and relly dont need this on tp of it all.

Basicly I told the seller i was going away this week and needed the item so he agreed if i payed instantly with paypal he would send it out straight away (friday). I payed by paypal and we got chatting about stuff and it turns out the blokes a bit of a thug, which got me a bit concerned.

I waited on saturday for the item to turn up but nothing arrived. I then emailed him to ask him if he posted it but he didnt reply. I had a work colleague email about another item he was selling and he replied straight away, alarm bells start ringing. So I waited till monday, and still nothing, no reples to emails etc.

So basicly im thinking instead of waiting to make a claim through paypal which will probably take ages, is there a way to cancell the payment befor it is taken from my account.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2007
  11. Fod

paypal won't do a thing about an uncleared payment. the seller is completely not obliged to send ANYTHING until payment is received, regardless of what you agreed.

12. koola

koola Minimodder

If I was the seller, I wouldn't send anything until payment has cleared regardless of the fact he agreed to post before.

Just wait until fund have cleared and then start bitching to PayPal.

13. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

This sounds more like a simple misunderstanding, than anything else?

There could be any number of reasons for the delay in despatch - i.e. personal/family problems, or maybe the seller has simply gone away for the weekend, and couldn't, therefore, start sorting anything out 'til Monday :idea:

But whatever the reasons... I agree with Koola ^^.
    However good their feedback... and despite what the buyer requests/wants (i.e. RMSD)... I personally wouldn't send anything to a complete stranger, until payment was showing in my account :nono:
    With that in mind... RMSD/next day delivery will only come into affect, once the package has been sent... not from the time the goods were purchased :idea:

14. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

But since you haven’t paid instantly, as its still not cleared from your account, then he has no obligation to send it out.

if I was told I was going to be paid instantly but didn’t receive the funds, just lots of emails asking for item, id probably ignore them too until I saw some cash.

15. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Nope, basicly the deal was I would pay with paypal, he would post the jacket out on the friday, regardless of how long it would take the money to transfer etc. If he said he would post the jacket out on friday with no intentions to do so then hes a liar regardles of obligation etc.

When I say im going to do something, I do it. If im not prepared to do something then I genaraly just say so so everyone knows where they stand. Anything else in my book is a false promise.

Granted he might have had some issue where he has not been able to post the item, however this doesnt explain why he decides to reply to my colleagues emails regarding other items he has for sale, and at the sime time ignore mine.

16. Fod

dude, seriously it sounds like you're being a right **** about this. as far as his paypal account will show, you haven't paid - it won't show until it clears.

wait for payment to clear, end of.

17. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Yep, me thinks the thread got a little twisted there. Ill chill [deep_breath/] :)