1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo: We aren't deliberately short on Wiis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

that man has a strange hair style......

NINTENDO!!! how about you build more factories or license factories to build them?

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Its a bit late for that kind of action, beside is cost money to set up a factory and what's the point when it can keep up (mostly) with demand all year its just having problems now. TBH if you wanted to get a wii for Christmas you should have bought it much earlier it was obvious to any one with a brain it was going to be this years Tracy Island or teletubies.

4. Major

Major Guest

For people who knew about the situation, yes, but like my parents, or my relatives, who want a Wii, they had no idea on the shortage.

5. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

They've said before that they are setting up new factories, but that these things can take years to come online, not too surprising that they don't have any finished what 11 months ? after they realized they needed them.

6. -equilerex-

-equilerex- What's a Dremel?

shortage? where? i can go to any bigger electronics store in here and buy one XD

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Better to blame lack of supply on bad planning rather than malice. ;) At least, until someone finds a huge warehouse chock full of the things. :hehe:

8. Major

Major Guest

You are from Estonia.

9. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Then maybe Nintendo should shift units from territories that aren't selling out and redistribute elsewhere. Nintendo can license another factory, and could have built on up in the time they spent "talking" about their shortages, instead of acting on them. Nintendo may not have created the shortage intentionally, but they sure aren't trying to rememedy it by just "increasing" production of their current factories and talking about it so much.

I can walk into the Wal-Mart here regularly and see Wii's on the shelf. But that is just my area (Tampa Bay) which isn't small either. And this is on the weekends.

10. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Well there's definitley a major shortage in the UK, I don't think there's anyway you can just walk in and buy one, apart from Cex well they sell for ₤ 295 second hand with no wii sports

11. dognosh

dognosh What's a Dremel?

Estonia has an average monthly wage of EUR 650 and a Wii price that takes 10-15 days of work to pay for
    UK has an average monthly wage of EUR 3265 and a Wii price that takes 2 days of work to pay for
    Hence why there is no big shortage of Wii in Estonia:thumb:

12. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Reminds me of Home Simpson after taking Dimoxinil (is that how you spell it?) and going for his first haircut.... :eyebrow:

Last edited: 29 Nov 2007
  13. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Well said IMO

Apparently at the start of the year they were making 1m Wii's, and they've bumped that up to 1.8m over time

Also, apparently the shortage is due to the fact is has been selling like hotcakes all year, so the august period (where they usually build up some stock) was still all sold out
    Now we are coming up for Christmas and they still don't have any on shelves

But surely Nintendo could have seen this coming, if you are making 1.8m Wii's a month, and are constantly selling out, you clearly aren't making enough, they have had over a year to ramp up production to fill demand

Anyway, IMO, if they limited it to 2 per household (At least for this shortage) they could stop these damn eBay scalpers who are buying 15 at a time and selling them on for 100% profit (and leaving none in the shops in the process)
    IMO, the whole situation is just being handled badly, and Nintendo wont admit they are majorly pissing off _a lot_ of people

14. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

The Wii shortage has actually improved PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 sales in Nippon.

Tags: Add Tags