1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFI is releasing the enthusiast-level board, the LANParty LT X38 T2R!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Tim S, 4 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

Intel is about to launch the 45nm processor before the end of this year. As usual DFI is ready to support that powerful processor; DFI is proudly launching its LANParty LT X38-T2R today. The FSB supports the process at 1333MHz, DDR2 memory and the PCIE2.0. LANParty LT X38-T2R uses a total of 6 layers black PCB with the highest-end digital PWM, Bernstein audio module and many high performance features too numerous to count. It is such a “must buy” platform for every gamer and enthusiast.

The X38 chipset
    Intel X38 Northbridge chipset functions at the high speed FSB1333MHz to entirely supports the latest Quad core CPU with a faster and wider bandwidth. It releases the potential power of quad core processor what ever it has. Further, the X38 is featured with the Fast Memory Access technology which optimizes the use of available memory bandwidth and effectively reduces the latency of the memory accesses. In this way, it greatly improves the system performance.

Besides, LANParty LT X38-T2R utilizes ICH9R as the Northbridge chipset; it can attain the superb RAID functionality with reliability and speedy Matrix Storage technology. The technology offers“Rapid recovery” and boosts the transmission speed and performance of SATAII.

Supports DDR2/ DDR3
    The life cycle of memory has got shorter all the time for PC’s industry. This is true for DDR and DDR2 in the past and DDR3 at the present. Hence, DFI met and will continue to meet power users' demands at different times; LP LT X38 series is ready to offer the compatibles for the DDR2 and DDR3 models in door, in order to satisfy our power users. The LP LT X38 T3R (DDR3) will be launched into market right after LP LT X38 T2R

The PCIE 2.0
    With Comparison to PCIE1.0, the PCIE2.0 provides a faster and wider bandwidth between GPUs, and it can push the maximum speed up to 16GB/s. Besides this incredible capacity, each of PCIE2.0 slots can supply a higher voltage then ever before. The highest grade VGA cards, such as ATI 2900 can have very solid power supporting now, and they surely back support the earlier PCIE 1.0 without doubt. The news is just wonderful to all gamers.

Top-notch arrangement for Crossfire + Physics rendering
    Since the Physics rendering technology was introduced in PC market, gamers have all been paying close attention to it. Now, DFI has put this technology into LANParty motherboard as an advanced feature that gives the most powerful of Crossfire + Physics rendering. While the arrangement of 3 VGA slots (2 CF + 1 Physcis) is necessary and essential for new systems, it should be noted that 3 VGA cards can generate a lot of heat in any one moment. If the slots are crowded together, limited space can cause hot pocket problem. Nonetheless, DFI has laid out slots with double space to avoid the issue. Enthusiast can noticeably feel the overall superb performance that results “cooperation” between Quad core processor, PCIe2.0 and CF+physics rendering.

Functionality of Teaming
    LANParty series provides Dual gigabit LAN to gamers as a basic feature. Nowadays, it is almost a “must” when users want to grab information such like DVD contents, highly loaded games or engaging in instant fighting with buddies on LAN games. For that reason, DFI LP LT X38-T2R provides another unique function to all the heavy users of Internet/ LAN - the Teaming function. It features double-bandwidth to meet the needs. Moreover, it has a “fail-over” function that if one of the LAN ports crashes, the other one will continue. It's true that teaming function gives you the performance, connectivity and back up functions.

Cutting edge 8-phase Digital PWM
    LANParty series product is never satisfied with the use of any components of inferior quality. For this brand new model LP LT x38-T2R, DFI is in no exception to use an utmost 8-phase Digital PWM. A digital PWM uses components to supply stabilized current, which accommodate enthusiasts ' needs in OC or gaming; moreover, it supplies sufficient current to Quad cores CPU. This is the perfect solution for Quad core processor. Aside from this, the new heat dissipating fins of the PWM circuit further stabilize current flow to the system.

Bernstein audio
    DFI’s Bernstein audio module is the new provision that demonstrates the excellent on-board audio quality of LANParty LT X38-T2R. The board is innovatively with many new features that surpass those of Karajan's. For one, it is relocated to the PCI slot vicinity for easy mounting. Now the new audio module achieves a perfect noise reduction than the previous models. Since that Pro-gamers or power users want the best quality for their output devices, the noise reduction feature is the answer. It is noteworthy that Bernstein audio adopts Realtek ALC885 high definition codec and is certified by Microsoft Vista Premium. The new ALC885 features a DAC SNR of 106dB and ADC SNR of 101dB. It also supports sampling at the highest 192 KHz, 10 DAC channels, 3 Stereo ADC channels (7.1 + 2 channels) and 24bit PCM. Besides, it provides “Full-rate Lossless Content Protection Codec” that can decrypt Content Protection for HD-DVD in the future, and cast clearest image quality for DVD playing.

LANParty LT X38-T2R offers users a good expansibility; the board has a total of 6 built-in SATAII ports which can configure RAID 0/1/0+1/5 functionality. In the PC market, the Southbridge does not generally support IDE connectors, while DFI generously answers to users' demands for considerate users' demands to equip LP LT X38 with an extra JM368 chip to support IDE connector. And if that is not enough, board offers a total of 12 USB2.0 ports for multi-purpose use, DFI is a high class board and device among the many ordinaries.

Enthusiasts always take great pleasure when they are able to squeeze even a little more performance out from their system at overclocking. For this reason, the designer of DFI LP LT P35-T2R offers a variety of BIOS options for enthusiasts. The voltage choices include memory voltage option, NB & SB option, CPU VCore option and HT voltage option. This creates an unlimited OC combination for our enthusiasts; another merit is the unique CMOS Reload can help users store different OC settings in BIOS. Furthermore, the EZ Clear function provides users with easy-to-reset the feature when a system gets stuck by extreme OC. It truly brings DFI’s LANParty series motherboard that is equipped the highest quality capacitors and other components to stand out in the gaming industry and to be the world class.

2. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Should it be 'UT' instead of 'LT'?

I look forward to seeing how DFI's flavor works out on the chip. Nice board layout from what I can see on the net so far.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Nope, it's LT.

It looks like a good board, I love the colour scheme too. :D

4. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Oh, I see. Two separate boards. Hell, either one looks fine to me. Thanks for the correction.

5. Krikkit

The only difference (afaik) is that the LT has a slightly fancier HSF and a different (and nicer imo) colour scheme. Either board looks pretty damn good tbh. :D

6. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

Supposedly the UT has been cancelled & won't go into production.

7. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

do you think they will make an x48 version of this board?

8. Krikkit

Depends on how good X48 is - they generally don't bother with the half-baked, crappy chipsets.

9. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Well, they did make one of every version of nForce4 if I remember correctly, so they may do that with X38 and X48 chipsets. They also have 3 LanParty P35 boards, there is the UT and the LT, with the LT having diminished cooling from the UT and missing some of the fancier and in my opinion useless extras, and then the DK version which has the black PCB with Orange slots, but only 1 PCI-E X16 slot on it.

Edit: not saying nForce4 was crappy, but they have made multiple boards on similar chipsets. They had multiple different LanParty and UT boards on the nForce4 SLI chipset alone.

10. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

im intersted bit gonna get one of these and/or the p35 lan partys. If anyone could make me want to get a x38/x48 board it will be DFI. slightly off topic but every one advertises it as crossfire/sli + physics but is there anything to stop you from single gpu (for graphics) + single gpu (for physics)? or even duel gpus for physics (over kill and i guess it would be driver)

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

To be honest, I'm a bit fed up of reviewing X38s :/ I did try to get a P35 out of DFI but it never arrived. Hopefully Duh-Fii will make an X48 variant so it's at least a little different.

12. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

admit it you want to see how far one of new dfis will let you go

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No really, we're always CPU limited when overclocking at the moment. You have to have a super-special CPU to get high FSB that's stable and out of all our Core 2s, even 45nms, I've hit a limit at 510FSB.

Tbh, even the cheapest boards oc a decent amount these days, it's not like days of old where to get anything out of a CPU/system you needed an awesome board.

14. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

so cheap(er) motherboard and upgrade somewhere else or have some change?

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well for the last year, at least, mobos have done 400+FSB on most of our CPUs. For the larger multipliers you'll hit a limit around 3-4GHz before you run out of board limit. There's a difference between getting a super-high oc using LN2 or phase etc, and having an oc that you can use every day.

As much as I absolutely love DFI, even more so after meeting the people behind it this year, I completely agree with Kris from DailyTech - the enthusiast arena is dead.

I might get DFI's 790FX board in though, just because it's something different.

16. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

and all shall morn its passing