1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News K8 will not die: more to come in 2008

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

This should probably be taken as proof that the K8 was a wicked chip, going down in history as the Intel killer. Or that AMD hasn't been able to afford development on newer ones.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It does need to be killed. Only 939 rocked as an architecture, everything else is sucking.

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

So long as it keeps AMD afloat and they continue to try to get a worthy successor architecture up, who cares?

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i agree

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

/\ ditto to that

7. Naberius

Naberius What's a Dremel?

I think its good to see that AMD is trying to recover, but i don't agree that this is the best way of doing it, they should pile their resorces into a processor that can rival the intel's instead of just trying to beat them on price. We all know how it goes, you don't mind forking out the extra £10/20 (or more) for the performance.

8. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

They shouldn't have killed off 939 so quickly, but they did. I can't help but think this is a rather pointless action. I'm so hoping the Phenom will pick up.

9. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I quite like the sound of these low power chips with high speeds for crazy cheap prices tbh.
    HTPC anyone? :)

10. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

killing off the 6000+ and 6400+ are they nuts? its the best bang for the buck! (as far as amd is concerned)

and 939 was really good, but AM2 is better in my eyes. i just wish they would be able to come out with an intel killer.

11. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

you're not alone, but nobody should be expecting it. As long as the architecture is cheaper than Intel's, it brings with it equivilant performance (or better in some special cases) and it will allow me to purchase a mobo that I won't have to replace 1-2 years down the road when I want to upgrade to another architecture, then I'll be happy and will continue supporting them.....'more bang for my buck' is what I'm after....

12. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

i was expecting better performance from the Phenoms, but those are bust right now. worthless if you ask me.

i mean, who wants to go and buy a $200+ mobo, to run a $260 processor at slower speeds and 'oomph' ?

13. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

These guys.

Tags: Add Tags