1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PlusNet sympathetic to file sharers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 7 Dec 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

These are cool dudes for and ISP; very honest. I respect that...

[​IMG]
    BIG UP YO'SELF. RESPEKT.

3. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

its a scam to get more subscribers, plusnet have been in a lot of trouble in the past because of poor service, maybe the bt take over actually worked. enta for the win.

4. centy

centy DFI Nutter

PlusNet have always been honest.
    They where one of the first to announce their use of traffic shaping hardware, the first to lay out in clear terms how much you can download before you are restricted and the first to say exactly which protocols will be restricted and by how much and when. lol.

Basically they tell it as it is. They also have a wealthof info about ADSL and common topics on there site, aswell as a great community for both current and ex member. ( hello plusnetters )
    They are still one of the best ISPs in my view.
    Thankfully be*unlimited arrived in my exchange to provide unlimited use ADSL2+ up to 24Mb Up 2.5Mb down.

You can check to see if be*unlimited has arrived at your exchange yet on this page - https://www.bethere.co.uk/

Tell em centy sent you and we both get a free month.

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I can certainly say i would go plusnet over entanet every time. entanet are bloody appalling...all they want to do is fob off every problem to BT. At least plusnet tell you the truth as centy said. While they maybe a bit expensive at least they tell you exactly what they are doing etc etc. Tiscali etc are cheap for a reason!

6. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I love it how we get a company with a cool name fighting against copyright infringement, where the states have a couple of acronyms.

I wonder when people will realise that having different release dates for TV shows around the world just fuels piracy. I am sure that the number of people downloading Lost/Heroes etc would fall to near zero in the UK if they came out at the same time they did in the US.

Lawsuits like this must be a real waste of resources for the ISP too - having to spend time looking at records of people that have been file sharing can't be that quick.

7. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

See, "renting" bandwidth from an ISP is like renting an apartment.
    If my landlord has strong reason to believe I have killed someone (the internet equivilent of say, child pron), then they should report it.
    But if they think I just smoke a joint once in a while (the equivilent of dl'ing an mp3), they should stay the hell out of my buisiness.
    I think more ISP's should take this stance.

Unfortunately, in the US, the DMCA requires ISP's to do takedowns and such without even involving authorities, just on the word of anyone who requests it. It's like my landlord letting the cable guy into my place just on suspicion of me stealing cable.

8. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

Yeah and the High Court's time for issuing the RIPA warrant for surveillance of your information. It's actually quite scary when you look what the RIPA makes provision for: http://security.homeoffice.gov.uk/ripa/about-ripa/ and with our government's track record of securely holding onto our data - well i don't really like to think of what sort of information can get into the wrong hands here.

Also, being forced to pay Codemasters money must be a right kick in the teeth. Honestly one of the worst companies about; thinking about it, it doesn't really surprise me that they are bullying people into giving them money - i can't think of anyone who would actually want to pay for the crap they produce.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i really would like to see what would happen to ISPs and the MAFIAA if all types of piracy were to disappear.....

10. Wicz

Wicz What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately Pusnet ( not a spelling mistake ) are quite possibly the most underhand ISP in the UK with terrible service quality to match. Dave Tomlinson is hoping to attract some of their recently lost customers back obviously.

I wish him the worst of luck ;)

11. Wicz

Wicz What's a Dremel?

Strange, I have been with Entanet for the last 2 years along with a lot of friends and our service has been excellent. Pusnet are a bunch of cowboys :sigh:

As far as truth goes, Entanet are the most open ISP in the UK as their NOC clearly indicates, pusnet don't know what honesty is.

12. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

These guys are Cool.

The others Are not Bullys with a court order. But ****ing Faggots, With a court order.

And all the other double AA (for anal) fags out there.

13. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

Expensive? what the hell are you on about mate? they have the some of cheapest packages i've seen, you both really need to get a clue.

ahah im with you, do you remember all that business of there mailserver getting hacked, and they didnt tell anyone about it for like a month, plusnet are so bad its unreal.
    well i guess its working for them though as these idiots seem to be lapping it up, oh well.

14. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Fair-play to Dave for such a considered stance.

But I'm afraid PlusNet are too discredited to gain any kudos from this.

Tags: Add Tags