1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax Infiniti 650W

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Great review as always :thumb:

I still don't need more than 400W (probably closer to 200W), but then I am using 3 year old hardware.

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

I agree with that review - a product should be able to meet its listed specifications, lest the producing company throw its reputation into the flames to save a few pence per unit. False advertising sucks :(

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Even tho PSU's are what feeds the beast inside, I continue to think that they are overpriced.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You can make a **** PSU real easy - just look at all the "1000W for £50" ones out there, but to make a decent, stable one with high efficiency is actually quite difficult. You get what you pay for.

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I can see the man's point - they are quite an expensive piece of a build, and not really that exciting, so it feels like a waste a lot of the time to spend a big chunk of your budget on a PSU.

However, it's madness to skimp on the heart of a rig, and there're so many PSU's out there today which are of such high-quality compared to a few years ago that it can be very difficult to choose...

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You don't have to review them :(

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: The burdens of journalism! ...Or being Tim's victim... :worried:

9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Yeah when I first started OCing afew years ago when I joined this site I didnt understand how a good PSU was needed, it was only a few years later when taking my brothers PC apart to clean it that I noticed his generic PSU had a higher power rating (or whatever it is 350 mine was only 300). Anyway I stole it and swapped them around, managed to get afew more mhz out of my Barton-M with it too, thats when I realised it was an important component, now I would only buy a decent PSU :)

Edit: Ow I am using a corsair PSU now not the generic one lol

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Help!

:worried:

11. quack

quack Minimodder

Quite disappointing results. I bought the 720W version on the value of your review, hopefully mine is doing what it says on the tin.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well I've changed testing techniques since then having learnt far more about it, and now I test 3.3V and 5V separately to 12V. Joe uses the 720W in his machine all day everyday since testing it originally and it's not let us down once.

99% of people should be fine with it - you rarely stress the 3.3 and 5 in a modern system.

13. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Have you folks tried running them on 110V?

You may find they come closer to spec.

Phil

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Kinda hard in the UK when we're all 230V ;)

Even if we could, we're a British site and our British readers can't exactly switch to 110V :)

15. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I'm in the UK too, but given that most of them are... what are they, buck converters, it might explain the difference. You'd just need a big transformer.

16. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Pardon me, I think this one here is a half-bridge, but the point stands.

17. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

230v norm gives better power then 110v unstable lines

got to replace my 2 year old Enermax liberty max due to water been pored into it lol

18. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

thats not how you liquid cool a PSU. It prefers Ginger ale.

Anyway. I used to have an Ultra-X PSU and i was running a pretty hefty air cooling system on it and decided to go liquid as well. got that ll hooked up and it seemed to run without a problem. Then i decided to add one more fan for an external HD, I got instability galore with just the addition of a 80mm fan. decided to leave off the 80mm and swap out the PSU for a new one. Now im running an OCZ . Have to say it runs amazingly. Was able to over clock a lot more stable . It was only a difference of 20 watts that i added, but i doubted that i should have even been using all of the 480 that i had before i went to the 500 watt.

Tags: Add Tags