1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding LUMINA by Design_Master

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Dec 2007.

1. Design_Master

Design_Master Presenting: LUMINA

Hey folks!

I have no words to express how grateful I am so far! :D
    A BIG Thanks for all commendations and for all who has appreciated my project! :thumb:
    A BIG Thanks for supporting me, Brett Thomas, Tim Smalley and all the Bit-Tech staff! :clap:
    I am sure I just needed two ingredients for reaching the front page: very hard work and passion for modding! ;)

All the best!

Macroblack and Orac3 are both acrylic cases too, very good jobs but in different conceptions.

Hi my friend mrb no1!

In fact, the pictures are part of the project and everything from Lumina is planned to artistic purpose. For taking pictures, I sought for the best lighting background which would be able to show the most of Lumina details, and the horizon linking a perfect blue sky and sea was my choice. I didn’t use any lighting manipulation for daylight pictures, just my camera. Believe me, although the pictures are great, at live is much better! If you could see Lumina with your own eyes you would get what I mean. The camera lens even couldn’t capture the real lightning and bright of the project, unfortunately, but I think the quality of pictures is enough.

Thanks! :thumb:

Thanks rhuitron! I am bit faraway from you: Brazil!:clap:

Thanks g2tegsown! In fact, this is an “in progress picture” and after that moment everything was correctly installed...

Hey my friend Yemerich!!! I will always remember your words of incentive!
    All the Best, my brother!!! :rock:

That’s it Orlix! The most valuable thing you need is the knowledge. Good luck! ;)

Last edited: 16 Dec 2007
  2. Design_Master

In fact, the problem is the thickness. The heatsink of my old PSU doesn’t allow any 20mm thickness Fan installed on UNDER face, being 120mm or not. Therefore, as I planned to keep up the original heatsink (liked its design), I chose a 80mm fan for the FRONT face. In the future, I can change for a new PSU featuring 120mm fan. Thanks!

Thanks thecrownles! That’s an honor to be placed together with amazing mods! They are real work of art!

Last edited: 15 Dec 2007
  3. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Thats beautiful

4. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

That is fantastic. Amazingly well thought out, no shortcuts taken, and the attention to detail is amazing. It looks sublime, astonishing work!

RwD

5. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

great work, but cables seem a bit "messy" not that i could do a better job tho...

6. Design_Master

Thanks for the kind words, Nature and RinSewand! :thumb:

Hi cnvrt! Well, I planned this array of cables on purpose to enhance lighting effects. Have you seen “the light of night” pictures already? Can you notice how the cables fill the environment and increase harmonious lines to the overall lighting look? ;)

7. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

I know your really happy with the project you finished, and i understand you are proud. But the people reading your work log can actually view the pictures, so you dont have to point out that the results look great. So please stop jerking off on it. A little bit of modesty wont hurt you.

Nice mod tough!

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

looks great 8)

9. Design_Master

Thanks Ghys!

I think you have forgotten the real meaning about ‘congrats’ or ‘thanks’. Start doing that and be happy!

10. MJudg

MJudg ProModder

As I sad before, you made an impressive job with plexiglas, dude! :eeek:

Congrats and show us your best again! :D

11. krimson

krimson What's a Dremel?

i really dug how the PSU looked.. its too bad you couldnt cram a big fan in there, but still worked out well

i really like what you did with your video card, though.. thats pretty spiffy!

good work!

12. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

ahh i see, my mistake then :D

13. TheRedJew

TheRedJew What's a Dremel?

i see this a lot but after trying myself and googling it i cant find a thing on how to frost. maybe its a lack of skill or maybe if using the wrong but what is it that you doing to frost it and what but are u using?

14. Design_Master

Thanks a lot guys!

TheRedJew, I reached this effect by using sands, only. Try to use finer ones.

Good Luck!

Tags: Add Tags