1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Sketchup Components Collection (SCC) Discussion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jezmck, 25 Nov 2003.

1. Jedda

Jedda What's a Dremel?

Very cool news, indeed!

2. marcus000

marcus000 Watercooling Mad

Get in!! Anyone know if this fixes the export curve errors then??

3. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Don't quote me on this but I think the fix for CAD may be for other elements within the program, it may not still be a fix for the curved surface issue. If you guys can confirm please let us know. Personally I wish it did.

@Nexxo, thanks bro I glad you like them. I actually have over 150 designs that will blow your mind, the real good one are not out yet so I can't publish then at this time...but believe me when you guy get to see them they will be very cool. I think the best thing about my grill are that they will fit both ThermoChill and Swiftech radiators which was a problem when finding rad grills cuz of the limited choices but not any more.:naughty: I know fan grills are just fan grills but I feel great in that I was able to contribute to the modding community in some way. I think there is a UK outlet that are trying to get some over their, I hope it will.

If their is anything I can do to help you Nexxo just let me know and I'll do what I can for you.

4. marcus000

marcus000 Watercooling Mad

Just tried re-exporting a couple of different ones and I still end up with the same problem on screw holes and curves... dammit!

5. scooby

scooby Minimodder

I thought so...:grr: What I did was instead of making the circles I would put an "X" mark that represents the center of the circle then when emported I would create the circle in CAD to what ever the diameter calls for...2mm, 4mm... Same process with the corners that way I don't need to erase anything but the "X" marks. It just gets a little more difficult when doing large arches.

Here are some of the new grill designs that are now Black Ice, Swiftech, and Thermochill friendlly.

This to fit dual 120 rads.
    [​IMG]

And this one for triple 120 rads. Now I wish my case could fit a ThermoChill PA120.3. This is one of my favorite desings.
    [​IMG]

:thumb:

Last edited: 16 Dec 2007
  6. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

7. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey icutebluezone, check the link below you can choose one of the four cubes by Marci. If they are not what you need then you can mod them to your specs.

http://scc.jezmckean.com/cat/53

I finally finished my case. Very high and accurate details at 3.29mb. This is what is possible when you have the source right in front of you to work with.

SilverStone Temjin SST-TJ03B Case
    [​IMG]

Hope you guys like it.:thumb:

I'll sent to Jez for upload soon.

PS Still no feedback on my question I posted earleir...How many of you guys are running SU on Vista 64? And are you guys having any issues?

8. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

if you send it now it'll actually happen by the afternoon!

----

I've just added models by scooby and darkenergy.

9. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

A question for those Kerkythea pros here ;) :

I am trying to get a render of a project. The Photon Map Fine + Caustics is used, because on everything below the copper material I use just seems to crap out on me, resulting in a very unclean look and white dots. However, whenever I use that setting the process of Building Meshes craps out on me at 64%. Any idea why?

Just in case: I use a P4 HT 3Ghz (yes I know...), threads set to 2.

10. scooby

scooby Minimodder

First off, are you using the "Basic Pack" found in Kerkythea? If you are try these settings:

Camera Section

Camera: ##Current View##
    Resolution: What ever you want. I suggest 500x500 for the first render, then up it if you like the results.
    Settings: ##Custom Setting##
    Threads: 2

Now if it still not to par for you, get the "Metals Ashkimish for MLT" materia pack HERE. Install it with in KT and try the copper in that pack.

As far as it crapping out on you at 64% of rendering is not commen. Try the setting and suggestion above and let us know how it turns out.

BTW, speaking for myself I'm far from a Kerkythea pros.;) If you would like to contact the KT pros try HERE. Sign up and post you ??? their, they are far more advance than i am but maybe the others here might have a comment or two to add.

Hope this helps you, and keep us posted on your results, I know it we benefit us as well.;)

11. Aterius Gmork

I use the Metals Ashkimish, copper V2 if I remember right. The problem is: The copper coolers are behind a sheet of plexi (tinted glass but... yeah). The render is very steep on my resources, as everything is kinda shiny and reflecting. "Custom Settings" would be a complete overkill for my machine.

I think I will just do a render with Raytracing high quality + AA, so you can actually see my problem. ^^

12. Aterius Gmork

[​IMG]

The weird square in the top left can be ignored, so can be the red dots - they are a result of camera angle and reflections and don't occur from the final camera position.

Rendered at Photon Map Low

13. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Looking good!!! What is the SU file size? Some of the info I have read says that as you add more materials, reflextions and so on it really taxes your system as well as increase the time of rendering.

I would love to see your final render on that Aterius Gmork, so keep us posted.:thumb:

If you don't have it yet...

UPDATE: SU2KT 3.0 Exporter

Release Date: 06/08 Oct 2007
    List of bug fixes and new features:
    - Memory leak bug fixed (SU2KT used to freeze on big scenes)
    - KT library materials import added - use KT Library materials inside SU
    - Back-face material exported when no front material specified or default (painted faces have priority over default material)
    - Optional Photo-matched faces\textures export (slower) as a selection or as exploded faces
    - Model opening in KT after export (Win only - so far)
    - Automatic animation rendering after path export (Win only - so far)
    - Wrong date bug and Time bug for non GMT locations fixed
    - Icons added for export options
    - Tools for placing spot & pointlights added
    - When KT material has no texture - SU2KT will use SU texture as a bump map
    - Correct Sun intensity when model opened automatically - otherwise please update Sun in KT Sun Wizard window
    - Sun animation will modify Sky as well - Download sample AVI (Xvid - 2,3MB)*
    - Default UVs export option - for later texturing inside KT
    - Intensity of colours back to 1.0
    - Missing GIF textures bug fixed

Download: http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=42&func=select&id=7

Fletch has prepared three VIDEO Tutorials! They can be found HERE for download.

*Can be downloaded at the above link.

Scooby:thumb:

14. Aterius Gmork

The file size actually is 30,4 MB. :D

64 materials if I am not mistaken. I know that this is by no means a project to be finished fast. Also I am really not happy how the glass did come out, but I can fix that easily. The copper is what really is getting me here.

15. scooby

scooby Minimodder

I learned this technic a few months ago and was featured in this months Google SketchUp newsletter, so I thought I would share it with you guys. It may come in handy...so try it out.

TIP: Coloring your edges

[​IMG]

I received a great question about working with colored edges the other day. Most people don't even know it's possible to assign different colors to edges in a SketchUp model; I'll admit that I didn't until more than a year after I started working here. Coloring your edges is easy once you know the trick:

1. Choose Window > Styles from the menu bar to open the Styles dialog box.
    2. Select the Edit tab in Styles.
    3. Select the Edge panel in the Edit tab; it's the one on the far left that looks like a wireframe box.
    4. In the Color drop-down menu, switch from All Same to By Material.
    5. Use the Paint Bucket tool to paint your edges whatever color (or colors) you choose.

Keep in mind that because the By Material edge color setting is technically part of Styles, and most Styles use the All Same setting, your edges will usually go back to being all-black if you apply another Style. Don't despair – your edges appear black, but SketchUp remembers what color you chose to make them. All you have to do is follow the above steps to switch back to By Material and you'll be all set.

Credit: Aidan Chopra, Product Evangelist

TIP:
    Additional Note: In the Image above you will also notice Profiles and a "3" in the box next to it. Profiles represent the guage of your line segments or the thickness of your line in the drawing. "3" is the default setting, increasing the value increases the thickness of the line. I use "2" to get a thinner clean line you see in my SU renderings. Hope this helps.;)

Again Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!!!

Scooby:thumb:

Last edited: 21 Dec 2007
  16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Scooby, I know I'm the only bloody person that would ever use them, but is it possible to design grilles that would fit a pair of BI GT Stealths (2x120 and 3x120) side by side, butted up next to each other? I didn't know you were doing the Kikboxes stuff, my level of respect for you has tripled...

I'm doing a complete homemade case, with 2x240 in the front and 2x360 in the top, side by side as close as they can get and I figured the best way to keep them in is to sandwich then against the wood, flush setting the grilles.

It's either this idea or chain mail...

17. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey KayinBlack, Thank you for your comments. I will have to talk more about that to my partner as we have talked about that same thing before, though I'm in the process of redesigning a new prototype that (with a little modification) may work out for your needs. I can't show or explain any more than that at this time as we are still in the production stage. I know this new design will give you more options to play with as to personalizing the look of your case.

In addition the new prototypes will again be designed to fit dual and triple rads from Black Ice, Swiftech, and Thermochill.

If you guys would like, let us start a new thread for the grills as I only wanted to show you in this SU thread that I used SU to design them. I would be happy to answer any question you may have on the topic. I'll be on the look out for it.:thumb:

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Will start the topic now, this is great...

19. makkone-

makkone- Gentlemen.

20. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Is that your heatsink sticking out of your case?