1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ZeroTherm Nirvana NV120

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

this vs Thermalright 120 Extreme? :D

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Looks cool.

I'd like to this reviewd!

4. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

120mm fan may not really show much in the way of performance, but more for those who quest for less noise. I didnt own its predocessor nor have i looked at it, but if the overall design is the same then a quieter heatsink solution is all that will result imo. The exception is when you've got a massively overclocked cpu, which no doubt the boys will do in the new year and compare against all those before it.

personally the baby monitor wont be that great, as if you are concerned with the speed-cooling-performance aspect of your rig you'll have a controller that takes care of all your fans, or for the cpu you will rely on the mobo q fan and such like to deal with the cooling speeds required. Of course, i am open to having all my preconceptions thrown out of the window when rich tests it but unless this heatsink has something revolutionary in its bonnit i'll stick with my scythe ninja rev. B.

peace

fatman

5. sweets

sweets What's a Dremel?

I've got one of these babies. At the lowest fans speed it keeps my overclocked E2140 (3.0Ghz) at mid 20's idle and high 30's low 40's load. The fan controller is uglier than I care to try to describe, but it does it's job. I'll have to grab another aftermarket controller someday. At mid to high fans speed it whales like my little brother when I punch him in his face. So it's pretty loud. The cooler can be positioned to point in any direction depending on your mobo. I have mine pointing downward on my Abit Quad GT. It's kind of a pain to install given the location of the mounting screws underneath the fan blades. Bottom line is it looks good and performs well.

6. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Ah, how i love these open bladed fans. Seriously, have heatsink MFG's never owned a system? All it takes is for a poorly designed supply/chassis to dangle a wire in the way, and whoops, tictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic.

7. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:wallbash:
    :clap:

Or poor wire / cable management :p
    But seriously, zip ties are a great & cheap investment.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I had planned to :D:D

9. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

Does the big baby heatsink want a rattle in addition to the baby monitor? ;)

Mr J

10. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

I don't think it would stand a chance against the TR U120E (Performance-wise).

11. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

maybe you aren't hitting hard enough?

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think it will if I match the fan speeds.

Tags: Add Tags