1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM [12/07] Trinity (Say Cheese!)

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by OleJ, 21 Dec 2007.

1. OleJ

OleJ Me!

[​IMG]
    Do click to see the large version :)

EXIF:
    EOS 350D
    Apt: f/1.8
    Shutter: 1/30
    ISO 400
    Canon EF 50mm lens

No Post-processing. Got another one with higher contrast and slight color adjustment, but waiting with it as yet.

Trinity coz I gots dem 3 balls and it's "Christ"+mas. And "Say cheese" for apparent reasons. At least if you look at the large(r) image by clicking.

Cheers!

2. CanadianViking

CanadianViking Beast from the North

Very cool image, but I think it would be a little better if you could find a way to photoshop your reflection on the ornament out.

3. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Did you just say I look like crap? :p

I think I see what you mean but I actually like that I'm "reprezentin'". I think if I edited myself out it would just be yet another anonymous catalogue photo IMHO. But thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

4. CanadianViking

:D

Still a nice photo. Sorry I can't provide detailed feedback, but I'm not a photographer.

5. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

I kinda thought the reflection was the point of the image!

6. CanadianViking

As OleJ pointed out (and I agree with looking at the image again), the reflection does separate it from your standard magazine/catalogue photo.

7. Major

Major Guest

Yeah it's unique, nice. Although I suggest removing the reflection of you from the top right ball.

8. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I kuinda like the reflection in the ball this it adds something extra to it

9. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Not "THE POINT" but absolutely part of what I think makes the image. It's in focus and it's a great amount of detail inside "another dimension" if you get my drift. It's also about not just being a schmuck with some pretty pictures, but actually being in there for once :) And the fact that I find the setup incredibly cliché if I retouche my reflection out.

Thank you :) And I agree.

I think the setup was very successful considering I've only got the ceiling lamp and an IKEA halogen desk lamp (same as I used for the picture of the hand a few months back). I myself would have liked better and softer lighting as well as a larger area for shooting as I only had two approx. A3 pieces of black cardboard.

I guess I went and did a "studio" shot even though I am somehow naturally resilient to doing it :D

My original idea for this month was actually having a large black piece of cardboard with a hand in the top of the frame and a large amount of deep red "blood" running down towards the bottom. I guess I'll save that idea for some other time :) Too much to do with christmas and all since we're hosting it for the first time this year :)
    Looking so much forward to christmas eve (24th. That's when we give the presents in DK).

Anybody else excited bout christmas?

:)

10. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

very nice picture, the DOF effect also suits it very appropriately.

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'd change the DOF so either you can see your reflection in all three (stop down a touch) or mess with focus so that only one reflection is crisp.

And deal with that light on the ceiling that's (very near) blowing out the exposure. Stopping down will deal with that of course, though I think it'll still be more exposed than looks natural as it's the only strong light source in the pic. If it's on a dimmer, get dimming. A stop or two worth I'd say.

Also just one tiny nit-picky thing... the top-left where the tree isn't bugs me a little. Dunno why.

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Like the image, the reflection works well.

Maybe clean your balls might help with the reflection.

13. CanadianViking

That very well might be the most unintentionally sexual post ever. :hehe:

14. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Considering that this point has been brought forward again and again I think I'll take the image to PS as reshooting isn't an option.
    Although I prefer not to mess in PS I think I'll bend around it this time.
    As mentioned I only had that ceiling light and my IKEA spot so lighting was kind of limited. I think I'll look at that in PS as well ;) But yeah it bothered me as well while shooting and afterwards.
    Hehe hoped noone would notice/mention the missing branches in the top left. I used all the branches I had lying around so there was no more for me to fill out with. This also limited my angle and dof. But I think the dof saved it good enough.

Now go wash your mouth with soap! :D
    I don't see how my personal hygiene would ever affect the pictured ornaments. ;)
    LOL! Silly boy!

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Dude i was laughing quite hard when i was typing it lol

but its true there is a smudge on the tree decoration *cough*ball*cough*

16. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I've looked closely at both the jpg here and the original at 100% and I can't find any smudge?
    Maybe wipe your screen? Perhaps all that looking at balls smudged your vision? :D

17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

ok its a mark on the ball, you havn't cleaned it well enough

all balls asside, its a good image.

18. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Thank you :)

There are some marks on the surface of the two shiny ones but those can't be polished away as they aren't perfect but very cheap ones from the supermarket ;)

Tags: