1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Slashed for a cigarette!

Discussion in 'General' started by Pha3dr0n, 2 Jan 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pheonix91

Pheonix91 What's a Dremel?

Well yeah any country in which you can buy a gun with very little criminal/mental health checking makes it a dangerous place to live.

2. Major

Major Guest

lol.

But it can make it a safer place also.

3. MShort

MShort putting the "i" in team

the endless circle i see.....

4. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I have to agree, if someone attacks you, witha knife no less, get them back. i'm not saying to hurt them if there is no reason to. But atleast try to get the cops involved.
    I once knew a girl who got attacked from behind when she got out of her car. She reached into her purse and stuck a knife in the guys leg. the cops got him when he went to the hospital.

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i think it must just be a Vancouver General thing, or else maybe there was just a retard working that day. they definitely triage in Victoria and Campbell River hospitals.

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I guess this is a good time pick up cigar smoking instead of cigarettes. Really, how many people ask for a spare cigar at the corner store?

Glad to see you were not seriously injured.

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Holy crap, that is one large cut.

Stupid moron crack heads...

One more reason you Brits need to have guns.

I own several and sleep with a 9mm.

:D

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You're suggesting he should have shot the guy before he knew he'd even been stabbed? Jeez...I'd almost rather we don't have guns if it means every hobo that gets high gets shot (hmm).

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Chances are greater that Phe would be dead now, as the crack head would have shot first. You don't just go round shooting people cause they ask for a cig

10. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

you don't ?

/ryu looks at smoking gun and corpse on the floor

ummmm

/ryu hides gun behind his back and walks away whistling innocently looking at the sky

/ryu gets to the street corner

/ryu legs it roadrunner style

:)

11. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It was probably a prostitute you shot.

12. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Bindibadgi, specofdust.

In a police state only two people end up with guns. The police and the criminal.

I'd rather be the citizen that can protect himself with the sure-fire method to stop thieves and robbers (and other misc bad guys).

I will kill an intruder that threatens my family, no doubt. Better to kill then be afraid (or worse, dead). I hope I never have to use such extreme means, but like I said, I will if need be.

:)

13. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Interesting point, but if you're going to sell guns to the public, I think rigorous training, licensing and safety education wouldn't hurt. A lot of the Darwin Awards are cosy, devoted husbands who accidentally shoot themselves trying to prove that a gun isn't loaded/that the safety works :(
    Besides, to have guns in a society you pretty much need to have the death penalty, and we don't. And statistically, we're better off without it.

14. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

well our problem here i think is the NRAA (just my opinoin)

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yes and I'm sure your family are greatful. But back to the situation at hand mate, are we really suggesting that the guy who slashed open Pha3dr0n should have been shot and killed for what he did? Speaking honestly and losing all my macho-macho-man stuff for a few seconds, I can say I'd actually rather be slashed by some stranger than get threatened and then shoot the person dead (even if I'd seen a knife or had legally been in the right). Dealing with the emotional consequences of killing someone just because they wanted to have a smoke? That'd be tougher than it'd be worth.

16. Major

Major Guest

Yes we are suggesting the guy should be shot and killed, he could of killed Phe, and if Phe didn't lean back, he would be actually dead right now, and we wouldn't of ever known.

Like I said before, if you kill in self defence, then no charges should be brought up, this is when your life is in danger, and this guy's life was definatly in danger.

17. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

get yourself a girlfriend ;)

18. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

:jawdrop:
    HARSH!!!

That was a very close call, all the best mate :thumb:

19. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Firstly, "could have killed Phe" and "we wouldn't have ever known" (sorry, but it's a personal hate)

Secondly, I agree if you kill when it's them or you, no charges should be brought up. But in this case, the attacker wanted a cigarette and cut Phe because he didn't get one. Should he have died for that? I think most people would say no. Punished most definitely, but killed outright at the first sign of agression? No.

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, but the attacker seemed to be going for a proper stab, however intoxicated, which could have been lethal - and probably would have been had Phe not backed away quickly enough. What if it had been lethal, or left long-term effects - what you would say then?

Half the idea behind knowing that someone could be packing heat is simply knowing it. If (as a criminal) you know you could stab someone for whatever reason with minimal risk to yourself, would you be less likely to do so knowing that you could get shot by the would-be victim? I should think so. The biggest idea behind people toting guns is the threat of mortal retribution if you commit a violent crime - there's no certainty either way, but if you know you could get away with it, chances are you'd be much more tempted to try.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.