1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iRiver Unit 2

Discussion in 'General' started by zelox991, 12 Jan 2008.

1. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

2. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

that thing is pretty funky. seems quite cheap at $700 if you ask me!

3. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Bring on the "pad" style tech from Star Trek I say!

Although... as smexy as this thing looks, I cant but help wonder why you'd want to watch a dvd on your tiny little screen, and not your big huge 40" HDTV.

And, since this thing is using standard WIFI, even N, bandwidth seems lacking.... I need ultra wide band dangit!

:)

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

"After forty days of meditating in the hot, dry desert, sitting motionless under the beating heat of a demonic sun and in the freezing darkness of a night sky, the remote gaze of cold stars upon him, not distracted by hunger, nor thirst, nor the scuttling of insects, nor the unwelcome circling attention of anticipating vultures, after forty days of this, the hermit suddenly jumped up.

As fast as his ragged sandals and gnarled stick would carry him he returned to the village, and in rapid shuffling steps he arrived there thus, the wild prophet, white beard flecked with spittle and a mad look in the eyes of someone who gazed upon the gods one delirious moment before this vision of overwhelming delight and horror burned out all the synapses in a brain that was much too small to process such apprehensions. He stood panting in the marketplace, trembling with effort to contain his visions and impart them on the crowd that was gathering in hushed silence.

"Hark!" the prophet screamed, and silence swept the village as it held its communal breath, "Hark! I have seen the future! The gods have granted me to look upon the nexus of the universe, and to see its path of destiny! I have seen the destroyer of the great and terrible tyrant iPod! It will come from the East, and it will crush kingdoms under its electric boots and lay waste to the arrogant works of the Californian oppressor! It will cast out the iPod and its minions and take its rightful place on the throne! I have seen it, and so shall it be ordained!"

"What is his name?" shouts the crowd as one, "what is the name of this saviour king that will free us from this monopolising oppression?!!"

the prophet gazed up to the sky. A beatific smile came upon his weathered face. "His name", he shouted euphorically," shall be iRiver!"

But seriously, that is some cool stuff. Friggin' NEEEED!!!

5. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Guess what im having imported from korea in Q4

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The guy who was asking the questions sounded like he was hyper. "whatstheresolutiononthat?"

7. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Another one of those things that serves no real purpose for me but it so unbelievably cool that I want it!

8. fathazza

i wish theyd concentrated less on your mum sending you video messages (OMG what a useful function!!!!!) and more on how it would compare with products like the Sonos music stuff

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Wouldn't you be? :p

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Sounds pretty awesome, but 60GB?

11. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

It just reminds me of exactly what you can do with a PSP and PS3 when you use remote play tbh.
    Obviously more designed for the purpose and polished in that respect though.

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That would make a seriously badass carpc type thing for passengers...

13. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

Granted this maybe useless or even too much function for some people...
    but just when you think the technology has died down....it renews itself again!!!
    This thing is soo cool and definitely a example of a piece of awsome product followed by its mimics in next few years!

14. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

Imagine a Beowulf cluster of those things.

15. fathazza

no doubt the I-mimic will be the only one that sells tho:duh:

16. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

That thing is HUGE tbh nothing specal, i didn't have sound but i don't think the sound would of sold it to me.

HUGE!!!!!!!