1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: "G5 Retaliation" March 19th. Alive and kicking! Happy days!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 18 Sep 2007.

1. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

You've got to tell me how you made those awesome curves. I've been trying to do it on our old manual mill for ages, but it just wont work :/

Got a picture of the entire machine?

2. Toxvaerd

Toxvaerd What's a Dremel?

Hey Angel OD

I have allready told you on msn that those blocks are so cool, but just wanted to leave you a few words here. Those blocks still make me want to crawl in a small dark corner, and hang on to my Dremel ;)

Looking forward to see your progress on the mod. Im sure its gonna be real cool.

3. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

E.E.L. Ambiense <-- He he... better late than never m8! And thx, I'm looking forward to seeing them in action also...:thumb:
    Actually... They are in action as we speak, just felt like I needed to test them and see if they were leaking or not.

Excuse the picture, did it very quickly:) :

[​IMG]

Notice the very elegant res... :lol:

They run like a dream, and the pump is as silent as anything... I can only hear the fans from the PSU, but I hope the new ones are in the mail from Germany... :clap:

Jokkocze<-- I would never even try to make those curves and bends on a manual machine.. It's simply too much work, and I bet the result will suck... I don't think I have any pics of the machine, but I'll try to remember taking one! :)

Toxvaerd<-- Thx Tox! But you shouldn't underestimate those dremmel-skills... That is some crazy stuff you can do with it! They don't call you DremmelMeister for nothing! ;)

4. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Looking good Angel - if you haven't already, i would put some anti-corrosion fluid into your loop as that rad looks like aluminium and you dont want to ruin those lovely blocks. :)

5. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Thx Cyprio. It's just tap-water, but it was just for a small test... But you're absolutely right! :)
    I'm gonna use some stuff I bought in Germany... Don't remember the name, but it's some liquid made for this sort of thing! And then it goes blue, when introduced to UV lighting! :clap:

Right now I'm just looking forward to getting this thing torn apart, to get some detailing done! :)

6. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Pentosin G11?

7. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Right, i'll go with something similar to that first NB block then.

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Feser?

Loop-testing. Good man! I tend to just sling it together and turn it on. Of course, I'm insane. ;)

9. cheezeit

cheezeit What's a Dremel?

thats some nice work you have there, Angel!

Keep up the awesomeness:rock:

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Now that you've got them wet you will want to flood the blocks with some anti-corrosive. I found out the hard way that the machined surfaces corrode much faster than normal. (In my case, the silicone fumes didn't help.:() My main block has a little dark spot under the barb where I left it exposed to the air.
    Edit: I didn't read the thread very closely, did I?

11. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

E.E.L. Ambiense<-- The fluid is something called "AT-Protect-UV-Blue" made by Aqua Tuning. According to them selves, it should be pretty great for this purpose! :) and... damn... LOL, but since it's my first watercooling for a computer ever, I just feel like it's nice to be on the safe side! :) Though it's probably also a little insane to start playing with W/C the way I do, since I'm a complete noob! :lol:

cheezeit<-- Thx man, I will! Don't worry! ;)

Cheapskate<-- You did! :) But I took them out of the loop yesterday, and filled a little fluid in them! ;)

Btw: I figured out the res today... I'll post an exploded view of a jpg from Solidworks... You might not understand any of it, since it's a bit weired, especially as a drawing... But that's how I want it to look, and hopefully you will se it in it's whole glory soon! :)

[​IMG]

It will be made from PMMA (Plexi) - And a special piece that has a bubble cast in to it... Or rather, a bubble from water that is drawn into it form the air, just by lying on a shelf.. When the piece is heatet for it's purpose of making fibers, sometimes it goes wrong, and this is one of those times! :)

The Plexi as is... Will ofcourse be machined and polished! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There IS only one bubble, it's the breaking of light inside the Plexi that fools! :thumb:

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

Ah. Okay. Should be decent stuff.

Oh, I understand it just fine. As a designer, I illustrate in vector so I'm used to working in wireframe mode anyways :thumb:. I look forward to seeing the res when you machine it! Looks like the 'bubble' will be right smack in the middle of where the inside of the res will be; good thinking! A chunk of acrylic that large would be a decent price. Waste not, and all that jazz. ;)

13. rytmehunden

rytmehunden I love glory and fame

Wow you´ve been hard at work on that res m8! didnt know you got that far.. looks nice man!! Can i be there when you concieve it ? :p

Tell me when you are gonna make it.. i will try to stop by for a lesson :D

And for all you others.. There is really only one bubble in that piece of plexi. I saw it with my own eyes yesterday.. :hip:

14. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Man, those blocks just look damned good. Cannot wait to see the finished res.

15. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

The plexi looks like it has brains :p

16. widmod

widmod Minimodder

nice plan for that res i hope it will work with the pump :jawdrop:

17. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

E.E.L. Ambiense <-- It seems like it's okay for the protection... It says that it's specially great for systems with both copper and aluminum.. We'll hope so! :) And yup, it will be in the center. It's a bit funny, but the bubbles actually always form in the center of the material? :confused: But hey, that's just my luck! :thumb:

Cool, and I didn't meen to sound like a Know-it-all type, but I know that I would have had problems seeing wtf the drawing was, if I hadn't seen it in true 3D! :lol:
    Yeah well... Between you and me... We use at least 3 feet of that plexi every month so... We have enough of that stuff! ;)

rytmehunden<-- Well, I had stroke of genious yesterday evening, and started drawing... it actually worked out pretty good, if I should say myself! :) Dunno when I'll make it, probably a bit here and there, so let's see... If possible, I'll try to make some of it when you can drop by! :) Right now, I'm hard at work polishing the inside of the side of my case (the removable part), so it will reflect more of the lighting inside the case... Hope to be done tonight, and then mill one of the holes for the lexan tomorrow after work! :) Got some other plans for it also, but time will tell and show! ;)

Brett89<-- Thx m8! :thumb: I'm looking forward to seeing it myself! :) (Not looking forward to polishing the insides though... :lol: )

brinkz0r<-- Remember "Pinky and Brain"? Brain was moddeling for it! :naughty:

widmod<-- You hope it will work with the pump?? I NEVER make things that won't work, and NEVER make mistakes! *LOOOOOOL*
    But to be serious, I can't see any reason that it shouldn't work, so I'll cross my fingers! :)

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

OOOOh! Nice usefull throwaways you have at your job!
    If you can, you should round the edges out a bit on that res! -Or even add some tiny V grooves. A big chunk of plexi like that will bounce a lot of light around in it and look cool. The more surfaces, the more light reflection.
    Polishing the insides will not be too hard. The part where the water will be does not need much polish anyway.

19. E.E.L. Ambiense

[​IMG] :D

20. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

ROTFL .... :) @E E L ... after 3h of sleep and day full of work... this is smth for me... :) i cant get back to normal sitting possiton... still on the floor. I've got to put it over my desk :D THX E.E.L.

Tags: