1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling 360 rad - which way up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Risky, 13 Jan 2008.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

It's a while since I posted here and to be honest I'm bit hazy on some of my w/c so I though I better ask.

The new project is in a big server case and I'm fitting an Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme III vertically between the drivebays and the board. My only question is whether I should have the onnections at the top or bottom. at the bottom will make it easier to drain the system but ther is a possible air-trap. The pump is a DDC pro so should have be enough to flush it out or is it better to connect at the top?

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd rather have the barbs at the top, as its easier to get all of the air out of it. It was much easier to bleed when I turned my rad upside down (from at the bottom to the top, when I was using a NexXxos II and a DDC Pro)

3. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

it does not really matter. both position will trap some air, so you will have to rock your case a little. I prefer to mount mine the the barbs on top because its easier to access the hoses if i need to do some work.

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Doesn't it have a bleed valve for this exact purpose?

5. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

my bix doesn't

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Only the Thermochills have the bleed screws.

Tags: