1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i missing something here?

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 23 Jan 2008.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

okay, I need the input of strangers. or at least, from people who i have never met before.
    My girlfriend is sick, so i made her supper. nothing fancy, just some beef strogonof. pre packaged, add milk and water, heat, add beef and serve.
    well, i screwed up something easy. I didn't precook the beef, just dumped it in. so the sauce didn't thicken because the fat from the beef was in there.
    So I tell my girl what happened, told her i can strain it and re add some milk and it will be fine. ( and i also said i was sorry at the same time)
    She gets upset, doesn't care that i said im sorry. tells me that i ruined it and goes to bed hungry.
    so i strained it anyway, added some more milk, heated it. it tastes fine. tomorrow i will have it for lunch.

As she is getting into bed i goto talk to her. and offer it to her one more time showing her that its fine to eat. tells me that she doesn't want it and she wont really talk to me.

not sure what i should make of it. she says its not a big deal but whenever a woman says that it means you should duck because the $hits going to hit the ceiling.

comments? i dont care what they are, tell me im retarded, tell me she's retarded, relationship advice, anything.

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

She's probably just being grumpy because she's sick. Whenever I get sick, the one thing I ask is to be left alone. Let us know if a good night's rest improves her disposition.

-monkey

3. chrisb2e9

this is just a recent example. anytime i make a mistake its like i am the biggest looser in the world. getting tired of putting up with it.

4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

doesnt sound to good to me...
    she should at least appreciate that you did something before.
    but if this has happened many times before,
    ask yourself, is it worth it?
    not saying you need to break up, but you might want to talk to her about it.

5. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

You think thats bad? you should try living with my girl, just because i once sat on the floor infront of the fire, im now not allowed to sit next to her, on my sofa,in my house because "you normally sit by the fire"! I mean wtf?:duh:

But yeah, when i get ill i get grumpy, and if im really ill i can get nasty, so i wouldnt worry about it.

^^made me laugh so hard :D

Go gay, that'll teach her

P2D

6. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Always follow the box! It'll lead you to wonderful things, like well prepared box meal.

:)

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Say "ma chere, je m'appelle Chrisb2e9 et je veux show you mon floppy disk" and you take it from there ;)
    j/k

(my francais is terrible)
    She sounds pretty irritable. Anything been going on beforehand that you want to share?

8. chrisb2e9

i could write a book...

i think that i'm starting to look for reasons to break up with her. relationships been going for 5 years now. kind of hard to split up after that much time being invested.
    right now we are in alberta, she wants to move back to nova scotia soon. she has 1 friend there who she misses. and her dad is there who she misses.
    its not enough that i am here to make her want to stay forever. even though she does have a job she likes, and has a few friends here too.
    it just seams like i am the only person trying to keep this relationship going.

9. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

What about a weekend trip back to nova scotia (what a cool name)? Might be just what you need?

P2D

10. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

You might be able to squeeze in a trip to Nova Scotia before Valentines Day (or during Valentines weekend). If not, hit one up for March Break. She seems homesick, but I'm no expert.

11. chrisb2e9

we have one planned for this summer. going to wait for the weather to get nice. no point to spend all that money to go in the next few months when we are at the mercy of the weather.

12. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

Ahh, but there is nothing like a romantic surprise! Planning a trip is nice, telling her "STFU already and get on the damn plane, woman" might just cheer her up (once you arrive in Nova Scotia, that is).
    But as I have no experience with Canadian weather... let's say you go to Nova Scotia in the summer. She wouldn't be too angry if you took her there again after only a few weeks, eh?

As for the grumpiness - maybe she's "doubting" the relationship too? Like you said, it's hard to think about ending it after you've spent five years together; maybe the same thing's on her mind and she doesn't know what to do or think. As an adult it can be extremely frustrating not to know your direction, or what to do, or how/if to tell someone something, etc.

A nice chat might clear up a lot, so you both know exactly where the other one views the relationship.

13. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Mine isn't much better, but that gave me such a good laugh! Reminds me of some kid says"Est-ce que tu me rase mon porte-madaire SVP" to the prof which means Will you shave my coin purse, the teacher just said what? sorry OT, personally I'd try and communicate the issue you see, because this has happened before like you said, but she is sick, and being sick isnt fun. But talk to her, communicate, probably the best, most mature, civil thing you can do.

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

tell her shes retarded. j/k

talking almost always helps. try it.

15. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

It's hard to predict the future. She may mature and start being nice, considerate, respectfull, maybe she will get worse...

It works both ways aswell, maybe you will mature to be "mr perfect" in her eyes, that seldom makes a "mistake" in her eyes, or maybe you get "worse" as far as she is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if she expects you just get better & better every year at being able to read her mind/know exactly what she wants/needs - it sounds like this is what's happening already to me, and you do not sound happy with the relationship.

I think you can see what the future will likely be with her, and if you do not like what you see, then wouldn't it be wasting time to continue down that path? Is it better to waste 10 years, or 5? What would you say after 10 years? "i've put in 10 years now, i'm not gonna throw that away!" Are there any kids involved yet?
    The five aren't a total waste of course! I'm sure both of you guys learnt some extremely valuable lessons and had some fun.

Maybe a break would be a needed wake up call? Maybe it's not just her aswell you know? A break can fix things - fix may mean getting back together better then ever, but fix may mean breaking up.

i'm no expert btw, just another john doe dropping an opinion - good luck ;)

16. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I get grumpy when I'm tired, perhaps she is the same? If she can't accept an apology in the morning I consider evaluating the relationship.

17. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Girls are like that sometimes, this morning I got shouted at coz her hair dryer wasn't working properly.

I've took her to work and now I'm back, was gonna check the fuse in it, but thought I'd test it to check. and it works fine lol.

It's not your fault if she doesn't want something.

18. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

From what I’ve read, it sounds like she's wearing the pants. By the sounds of it when she gets up set, your meant to apologize and try and find out what’s wrong.

Fight fire with fire, if she’s being bit of a bi*tch be an arsehole back. I know it sounds a bit wrong, but it honestly works, even if I’m the one that’s done something wrong I can often get the missus to apologize to me for getting mad :lol:

19. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Tell her your Rick James!

And cook something else tonight instead, like spag bol or something like that, don't give up, she's just female, they can be a bit weird at times.

although on the flip side there could be some underlying thing here as well so, ask her perhaps? And when she say's nothing just ask her why she doesn't talk to you (as in the way couples kinda talk about most things) anymore.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

:sigh: It's simple. She's sick, she wants to be looked after. You failed her in that. She now feels you're an inadequate, neglectful caregiver.

Hey, I never said it was rational.

She probably has some issues around your relationship. My guess is that she doesn't feel cherished. I mean, she is considering moving back home to Nova Scotia because she misses her dad. Ought to give you a clue...