1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant I'm being kicked out of my flat :|

Discussion in 'General' started by Khensu, 23 Jan 2008.

1. Major

Major Guest

No one ****ed you in the ass, you signed an agreement, you should know the rules of renting a property.

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well... choice it may not be, but it's still a late payment as far as they care. If you've only been there since May, that's only 7 or 8 payments. If even a couple were late, they could certainly see you as someone unlikely to pay in the future. They've got bills to pay too, and it's not exactly their choice if they can't get your money on time. Don't take that the wrong way as I'm not trying to be an ass about it, but you've gotta think about their side of things too.

A lot have to move at times that suck. I just had to move away from where I've been living all my life a few months ago - even knowing that it was coming for years, it really sucked (and still does). You've just gotta make the best of things with wherever you end up after. I'm trying to take the opportunity to finally set up my gear the way I'd always wanted to - I finally managed to mount my surround sound properly instead of having wires draped across the floor, for instance, and will be wall-mounting my LCD soon as well. It never would have worked at the old place. So as much as I'd rather be where I was, it's not all bad.

3. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

I move country every 3 years, stop wining.

All you have to do is find a new house in the neighborhood and you can still do things the exact same way.
    2 months is enough time to find a place to rent in an area which is aimed at renters.

But true, its not a pleasant thing, but it will allow you to look for a place to live which doesnt have the flaws this one did.

4. Glider

Glider /dev/null

That isn't an excuse for the landlord...

You should...

Yeah, I get that the whole time that the world is against me... But then I wake up and see the world is a hard place. If you do your job as expected they won't fire you.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

here you are obligated to sign a contract, you have the apartment for X years, after those X years you leave or stay and renew the lease if you and the landlord want, he can not put you on the street before those X years are over.

and be brave, swallow your pride, go find a nice place and build your future...... it will better tomorrow.

btw what is your job?

6. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

There are plenty of places in Canterbury that are 'cheaper' (albeit 'rougher') but even if you can't find one there's an awesome bus link to the city center (it's damn expensive unless you buy a monthly/yearly bus pass). I know as I've lived there for 21 years. There's is also a chance you can get help from the council to get you a place. Have you ever looked into flat sharing as there is a massive student population around what with being 2 uni's there now. They won't be there for 1/2 the year as well so cheaper bills, can only be a good thing! Good luck with your plight!

7. dom_

dom_ --->

If you can't change the people around you (and you can't) then you have to change yourself.

8. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

I shared a house with seven or eight (never really met everyone, I think :hehe:) other people when I first moved to the UK almost a year ago. I'm no good at sharing, but I did keep the landlord's phone number and well, it's an option. I can sort of get over my privacy issues when it's required, I guess, even if it means using a bathroom at 4am.

As for rough... I'm 6ft4, bald (by choice), a born misanthrope and extra pissed off these days. My "happy face" scares my gilfriend. Customs always like to have a chat with me about "certain organisations". My scared inner child has ****ed off for the time being. I can deal with stupid, Burberry-sporting kids. I'm not trying to sound tough, I've just stopped caring where I live, really - at the end of the day, people tend to be scared of me rather than the other way around, and maybe it's time I took advantage of that.

I know I'll be fine(ish). Especially with the shared-houses-landlord (he's got a shitload of properties) as backup. But that doesn't mean I don't get to be pissed off, mainly at myself. How the **** did I ever think I'd find happiness here? People are so obsessed with "life" they'll do anything to have the illusion that they are progressing in their shitty lives, and thus I get ****ed over time and time again, because I just don't care. I do not want to "progress". I just want to live my own little life without anyone meddling in it, because the only other choice is death and that sounds kind of sucky. But all these stupid ****s think life is actually worth something, and somehow worth trying **** for, so yeah. **** em. Goddamnit.And then people are surprised I get drunk every day, hah.

I'd rather just keep on pretending I don't want to stab everyone in the face. Stupid ****s. (Not you, the people I'm forced to have around me.)

9. Major

Major Guest

Why you getting yourself into some depressing state, it happens to thousands of people around the UK, it's life. You have a 2 month notice, that is ****ing ages in my eyes, and I'm sure that you can easily find a new job.

Your 6ft 4, are you lanky or decently built? Get yourself into a security/bouncer position, around my area there are many jobs like that available, I could apply and get one in under a week, but at the moment I choose not to.

10. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

I desperately want to be a full-time doorman if possible (used to love it), but to get my SIA licence I have to get a copy of my (empty) criminal record from the ol' country - and those people aren't playing along. Without an SIA licence my work experience (which is limited to security work) means nothing in this country.

So in the meantime, I am "unskilled". No pretty licences or certificates = not worth anything, apparently.

We'll see. Either I am getting that foreign CRB or I am fooling the SIA into processing me without it, but I sure as **** am not going to keep on being a "fire warden" :|

11. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

If you hate england so much, go home?

P2D

12. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

A) If you haven't been paying your rent on time, have broken things, and have generally been a pain in the backside then you cant expect anything else that to be chucked out in way for something thats gonna probably make this woman more reliable and better money
    Plus she has given you two months notice- most places only give a months lee-way, this gives you a fair amount of time to get off your behind and do something about it.

b) You have what is seemingly a supportive girlfriend who is willing to bail you out, not a lot of people who are 23 and live in a flat on their own have that luxury, so quit winging, take her help, and sort it out, get a place together ( also solving the time spent with her problem) and managing to half your rent, two birds, dead with one stone.

c) If there is a problem with your criminal record check they should be able to get a foreign crb, which should count

d) If you are unskilled, why do you not go and try and qualify to be something else, with the help of your girlfriend for rent you could probably find a more suitable part time job and go to college one day a week or similar and actually do something with your life.

And so on. In short, stop whining, get off your arse and do something about it. you have a job and support, which means you have the ability to sort it. so do so.

13. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

nice to see everyone being so supportive and non-judgemental

14. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Or in touch with the real world...

15. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Maybe you posted this earlier, didnt catch it though, but where did you move from?.. What is the good ol' Country?

16. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Go back to your own country then if it's that hard here.

Thousands of people are born in this country with literally nothing and still make it.

If you are waiting ages for your SIA, get a bloody job at tesco or whatever, any old standard unskilled 9-5 job will tide you over for your rent until you can get all the details sorted for the things you really wanna do. Hell if you want to progress in the meantime while waiting for your SIA, get your 9-5 job and then enrol in a local college for evening courses in something or other and get a qualification for something...then at least you have something to fall back on. And btw, 2 months notice for an uncontracted rented property is bloody ages..stop complaining.

Plus you keep going on about your alcoholism...it's nothing to be proud of and I think you should seek professional help about it.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2008
  17. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Dudes, don't let this go into a ranting about 'going back'... 1 rant a thread is plenty ;)

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Good grief folks i though this was meant to be a tolerant country.... Every one has days when they say i "hate this country" usually shortly after being snowed on when it was fair a few minutes ago or when one retard politician introduces a stupid bill only to be supported by another (see hacking tool ban for example) no one tells locals to leave. WE all know bureaucracy in this country is ****ing nightmare so cut the guy some slack he probably is being dicked around by what ever licencing board and i bet if you were to go abroad you'd have similar problems, spare a thought before telling people to piss off back to there own country.
    /rant.

19. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

To be fair, I don't have a great amount of love for this wonderful country either and people that know me will testify to my frequent lamentions as to this. So much like kensu has done, I do intend to move and it's not an easy thing to do, people should not and will not give you handouts. If you need to earn money then get off your arse and do something about it.

But in your particular situation, there are many hostels out there that are for 'homeless' people (not as in tramps etc but people who through one reason or another have no fixed abode) and due to the wonderfulness of 'lets give everyone loads of money' state of the benifits system, especially as you're originally foreign to this country you should be able to get housing benefit and income support etc..

20. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Bunk in at the bit-tech office :lol:

Tags: