1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish me luck - pain to follow shortly

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Pha3dr0n, 22 Jan 2008.

1. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

Ahh the PA. Brings back memories of when my friend wanted to get his ear pierced: me and some friends told him he should get a PA and the noob actually told his mum he wanted to get one. I don't think i ever laughed so much.

2. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Just an idea this, but ive just seen the "give blood" thread, maybe you could try doing that? It involves bleeding(ish) and it might just be enough for you to not self harm, which would be a very good thing.

P2D (is back omg like since 4eva!!!1111oneone)

3. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Haha... That's pretty funny, at least you didn't buy it for it's intended purpose. It's pretty sad that anyone would think that would work or make sex any better.

4. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

don't take this the wrong way I'm just curious but exactly how long does it take you to get though customs at the airport (I'm assuming the piercings are all metal) because each time you go though customs it must set off the metal detectors surely ?

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

i dont mind pain every now and then. kind of makes me feel alive. but this is way past my threshold!

6. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

I don't think he'd be allowed to give blood given that (in Australia at least) piercings and tattoos are reasons for the blood service to refuse you.

Not that I'd ever pierce my genitals, but I'm curious.. how long had you had it done before you removed it?

I've had my tragus pierced three times, there's not three holes, but because I had to take it out, etc..
    hurts like hell but it's the most outrageous piercing I have :p I always love how people say "Doesn't it hurt??" Er.. well yeah.. of course it does :p

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Piercings are cool mate you got some dedication to get that many, hats off for getting your dong pierced if i didn't pass out in the sight of needles id have a few lol.

My ex had something like 22 piercings in her ears + many more dotted around her body :) they do look cool.

8. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

I only sprayed it on, and pierced 5 mins later, but after 15 mins the whole surface was numb - I guess if you have premature problems then it may work (but is it ever premature for a guy?).

As MystChic says, I cant give blood anymore due to piercings and tattoo's - think I have to wait a year. Done some piercings in the last few months, and got another tattoo a few weeks ago.

I've only set one off at miami int airport when I had then all in - I got taken into a small room and had to strip to confirm that it was the piercings setting it off. Used to be funny going into clubs where the doormen used those handheld detectors - was really beneficial for me if the detector passed over my groin when there were girls nearby :D

It had been done for about a year when I took it out. To be honest, cartilage piercings (like the tragus) are more painful to get pierced than genital ones. They also take longer to heal. It's really the fear factor that puts people off genital piercings; usually its easier to pierce women, and I think they benefit more from it sexually - as a guy, it's not exactly fun inserting a 2.4mil needle into my urethra :worried:

9. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

Yeah aparently it is quite good for women, my friend had it done and bought a vibrating something or other, and didnt stop wittering on about it for weeks.

Personally I dont think I could have anything else peirced, I was bad enough having my ears done, Im not a wuss for pain but I have a big adversity for anything needle shaped going into my skin. Cuts I can handle so on so forth, but anything that actually represents a needle makes me go funny.

I got a needle shaped piece of plastic stuck in my finger off a big red fun bus at about 3 and passed out... been the same way ever since.
    That and the fact im stupidly indecisive so id probably hate any peircing or tattoo within a week of having it

10. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I currently live with a self-harmer. I have become de-sensitised to the whole thing - see Emma's arms covered in blood - meh. See what was an empty waste-paper bin full of bloody tissue paper etc - meh. Lost count of the number of scalpel and stanley knife blades knocking around the house....

I don't pretend to understand what's going through her head, I just try and be there if I'm needed - I'm debating getting my lip pierced. And possibly the top of my ear. Any thoughts / ideas / warnings of much painfulness?

Joe

11. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Cool!

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm a little de-sensitized to it too. So many of my uni and school friends were serious self-harmers it was unreal, especially since some of them have since gone on to do SuicideGirls and the like. I tried to talk my closest friends through/out of self harming to no avail and oddly became everybodies shoulder to bleed/cry on - even for people I didn't know or like. It got to the stage in the end where I told a lot of them to just piss off and deal with it themselves because I was sick of being surrounded by emo melodramatists and how it was affecting me. It probably explains why I've become such a grumpy arse.

Still, I can't understand why anyone would do this. I saw one being done once and it was not good.

13. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

The lip piercing will be less painful, but in getting it done and in healing - it will swell a bit and be irritating for a while though, and be prepared to chip your teeth when eating, or at the very least for the enamel to be worn off. Maybe consider a labret piercing - I had mine done so the plate backed onto my gums below my teeth, again minor swelling and pain.

The cartilage piercing on the ear will be more painful to pierce, and also more painful and longerto heal - because of the rigidness of the cartilage any movement or pressure to the piercing is sore (whereas with the lip you can twiddle it round pain free in a couple of days). Takes about 6 weeks to heal, and its a bugger to sleep on.

I would say avoid the tongue. I have it done (about 3 years now) - the healing is a pain in the ass as your tongue swells to twice the size for a few days. I have also lost 3 teeth through shattering them by biting down on the piercing while eating, and spent a fortune in dental fee's. On the upside, there was no pain at all getting it done.

It's hard to expain. People do it for different reasons maybe, but personally I find that it raises my mood for a while and stops me dwelling on stuff. Each to their own I guess. I havent done anything since I did the PA piercing, when this thread started, and at the moment don't feel the need to harm myself any more; I know it will pass in time and I will feel the need again, but for the moment I'm content.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2008
  14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'd just turn to booze instead.

15. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I just play computer games (something violent with heavy metal in it) and eat half a bag of Harribo Starmix :p (a full bag makes me feel sick/guilty)

I suppose one day all the pent up emotion is going to burst out and I'll go skydiving or something...