1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Movie adaptation of Alice still in the works

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Jan 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

never played this one, so it wouldnt matter to me... but I think they should make a Half Life movie.. that would rock so much...

:)

3. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

What a great game...very freaky.

It would make a smashing movie, if (like most things) it was done right. More Tim Burtons Batman that Arnold Scwartzengers Batman.

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I also think that SMG would be the perfect person to play Alice, hopefully it will happen some day, if done right it could be great.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Jan 2008
  5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

No.

6. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

Tim Burton would be an ideal candidate to make a movie based on this game. Having played it my one concern would be that it's dark undertones and outlandish violence (cutting card guards in half with a carving knife Cheesecake) would be toned down for a wider appeal. It would have to be a 15 or higher to make the most of the content, but I can see them trying to aim it at 12+.

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

dunno, but since its a rather old game they will prolly try to cater to the ones that can remember it, i.e. the ones that are adults by now anyway, so i dont think they have to tone it down. but maybe my logic is flawed somehow.

8. CardJoe

Only if Hugh Laurie is onboard.

9. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

As Gordon Freeman or G-Man?

10. CardJoe

THEY ARE THE SAMEZ!!!!!1!1!1!MONKEY!11!1!

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Nah, get Will Harris to do it, he looks more like Gordan...

12. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

If Tim Burton did this film I could die happy.

Tangent : Sweeney Todd was superb.

13. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Go play it! i only played it a few months ago myself, very annoyed i never played it when it first came out as the game is utterly brilliant :rock:

One of the few game settings/storylines that could really work as a film as well.

Completely disagree there... Gordon not saying anything works fine as a game but not possible for a movie as it'd just look strange, you can't make Gordon speak either as it'd change everything from the HL games...

14. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Well at least SMG knows how to act around monsters, supernatural, and green screen. After 7 years of Buffy and all. I've never really seen her in a role outside the Buffy verse. Cept the Grudge which scared the **** out of me so much I never even finished it and was too busy being scared to tell you whether or not she could act in the movie.

Never played Alice. But violence? Pffft. Rambo just came out. Alice might end up "R" (Eighteen and up only) but seriously. I don't think the violence will be frowned upon unless its Hostel-esque in its disgusting brutality.

Haven't seen Sweeny Todd, looks like Edward Scissorhands + Jack the Ripper + Crack. Doesn't look bad though.

Half-Life movie could work. But only if they did the one thing that would piss everyone off. Have it have nothing to do with Gordon Freeman.
    It would be like an expansion pack, but instead of playing it, you watch it. Hell, have it follow Adrian Shepard so that I can find out if he
    ever makes it out of that suspended universe that the G-Man put him in. I know none of the main characters talk when you play them,
    but seriously-- Adrian totally rocked.

Also, looking back at a post, why does "F-T-W" translate to cheesecake? It makes for an amusing sentence:
    "...cut the guards down with a knife cheesecake" (Which I thought was cheesecake knife at first.)
    But unless it stands for F#%# the What on here, I always thought it stood for For The Win.

PS - Yes, get Tim Burton to direct it.

PPS - See "Across The Universe" ... NOW

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

See the Cheesecake definitions spam trap thread in General for your F_T_W Cheesecake question.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=145457

<On Topic>

I never go to see movie adaptations of games they always seem so disappointing that i wish they would stop giving gaming a bad name.

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It sounds like this one's in good hands - if SMG is as passionate as she says about the game she won't make a shoddy film.

Oh, and HL would not make a good film, if only because Gordon would have to speak.

17. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

would be an awsome film if they got the whole ambiance right it's a very creapy game.

18. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Tags: Add Tags