1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i missing something here?

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 23 Jan 2008.

1. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Err, Throw a sausage at her and call her princess.

I think that ticks all the boxes...

(Walks away dusting hands...)

2. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

I get grumpy when I'm tired and sick too.. I agree with Jamie, re-evaluate in the morning.

But if she's longing for home then somethings a miss. Are you both from Nova Scotia or did she move to Alberta to be with you?

I know with my man and I, I've got to move to NSW if I want us to live together and I'm kinda annoyed because I feel like I'm giving up what he doesn't have to. He doesn't have to leave his home, or job.. or everything he knows... maybe it's similar for you?

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Make it up to her by making something really nice - posh hot chocolate or a Hot Toddy would work, give her some nice broth, tuck her up in bed and pt some flowers in the room. Tell her you understand shes just ill and grumpy, its fine - afterall, you're a hell of a lot worse when you get ill!

Then, when she's better, demand anal.

4. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Wise words indeed, Joe.

The correct way to deal with it was to have told her that Man U better be playing at home soon as her PMT is beginning to grate. Then told her that it’s fine if she doesn’t what your food but if she’s going to be so arsey about it perhaps she should find some other poor sap to put up with her, walk out of the room and ignore her. She'll realise the error of her ways and apologise (or dump you for some other poor sap, but in my experience this rarely happens).

Bosh. Job done.:thumb:

Last edited: 23 Jan 2008
  5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

And then tell her you Rick James (look for it on you tube if you haven't seen it - Dave Chappelle, Rick James - it is essential to understanding the point I am trying to make).

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

lots of good advice here, some of it really funny.
    I suspect that she does want to break up with me as well. but as i said before, its hard to split up 5 years of life. if she leaves me and goes back to nova scotia (where she is from. she moved out here with me when i did) then she has nothing. no job, no place to live, no belongings.
    I think that our relationship may now be one that exists simply because its easier to not break up.
    If I dump her I need to find a roommate to help pay the rent, and other costs because it costs so much to live here. and if she leaves, she has nothing. so its really a lose lose situation.
    but if i'm not happy living with her then it will never get better.
    who knows. i'll figure something out. maybe try talking to her and at the end of the conversation we are either still together or we aren't.

7. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Yikes, what a situation!

On the sick part, who knows, maybe she was playing mind games with you. When I'm sick or in a bad mood, I exaggerate other people's screwups too.

As far as the 5 years goes, you need to go somewhere and think about all this. Do you want it turn into 10 years, 15 years, or more only to find out that you're incompatible? Maybe a break should suffice. Those usually redfine a relationship or lead to crumbling.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

As I said in my previous post, it is not rocket science. Just talk with her about what she wants out of the relationship. Tell her what you want out of it. See if you are both prepared to make it work.

9. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

+1

10. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

solution is simple - don't screw up.

11. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

she just grumpy becasue she ill maybe feelin bit sorry for herself, ignore it dont let it annoy you, when your ill sometimes the silliest things annoy you.

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

How could you make so many mistakes in a few minutes? :sigh:

If you screw something up you try to recover the situation before you confess; you don't explain how you can cover up the mess, you hope no one will notice. Plant the preconception that it will taste bad and it will taste bad, you don't need Nexxo's training to know that. And I bet you use the "Sorry" word far too often to her.

As John Wayne said, "Don't apologise, it's a sign of weakness." You expect it to be a 'Get out of jail free' card. :nono:

13. chrisb2e9

sorry for dragging up an old thread. But today when i was on her laptop, in explorer i was looking to check my mail and i clicked on the url bar to see if the link was in there to save me from typing in the address. I noticed that there was a link to a website that lists apartments. so me being nosy i looked some more and saw a link to the HRDC (human resources development canada) site that most employers use to list jobs.
    And of course being curious by nature I went into full out "what else has she been up to mode" and discovered that she has been looking at lots of jobs and lots of apartments. in halifax. Where we are from. across the country.
    So I think that it goes without saying that she plans to leave me. Which I shoudl of seen coming, its what her mom did to her dad. and what her grandmother did to her husband. This isn't really something that I want to talk to with her. I know that it has to be done. but I dont see it ending well.
    So, aside from having to have a potentially bad conversation with her, I am wondering what else i should do.
    I could forget that I saw it until i have had a chance to talk to her.
    Or I could start looking for a roommate, or a new place to live for myself.

14. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I think that conversation is doomed already.

You: "Honey, I was snooping around on your laptop and I followed your visited links until I found out a bunch of information - "
    Her: "YOU WHAT?!"

Sorry, but I think you just broke her trust. I have a feeling she'll add that to her list of reasons for leaving you. I would recommend looking for a new place, because this isn't going to end well at all.

-monkey

15. chrisb2e9

yeah, i know. the "i saw it by accident" excuse wont work. even thought I did see the link as i was lookng for another one so i could check my mail. I knew why it was there when i saw it anyway. I didn't even have to go looking for anything else.

16. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

It's all about the scales baby...

On the Left we have how much you desire/love/lust/wanna freak her...

On the Right we have how much money/time/effort/emotional blackmail...

I'm a middle to lefty, hence a distinct lack of long term history with the fairer sex, :D

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

As I said: she thinks he's an inadequate carer. What use is a man if he can't look after you when you're poorly?

cpemma is damn right: "I'm sorry" doesn't cut the mustard. When you screw up, you make it right. You don't bother her with the details of the screw-up in the hope that she'll let you off. Everyone makes mistakes, but don't make excuses.

And the monkey is right too. You see, you screwed up again. There's no point pretending that you don't know what you know when talking to her, because you know (you know?). You can't even raise the conversation without letting on to her that you know. And it won't take her long to figure out how you got to know.

Back to square one: just talk with her about what she wants out of the relationship. Tell her what you want out of it. See if you are both prepared to make it work.