1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FrozenCPU is offering WHAT?

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 6 Feb 2008.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...ition_Mid-Tower_Case_PC-A60C.html?id=evbcBupV

Look in the options-for $999.99, he'll come to your house and n00b up your watercooling too!!!

Not regular "news", I'm sure, but this is hilarious. It does seem to be real, and as well it does mean that they're probably tired of watercooling being torn up and then attempting returns.

I'll come to your house for less, and I won't even n00b up your cooling.

2. sammo1999

sammo1999 What's a Dremel?

Lets start a pool to get this guy to my house...anyone?

3. Cathodical

Cathodical What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 17 Apr 2014
  4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Or, with provided pool at your house, have bucky hook it up to the WC set-up.

5. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

The funny thing is, if he had to travel the width of America to 'help' someone assemble their new computer, they probably wouldn't even profit from it. ****ing stupid idea...

6. hobbs

hobbs What's a Dremel?

wow, surley the demise of bit-tech is coming with post like these. You would think if a round trip costs 700dollars MAX they would still be making 300. Flying the cheapest such as southwest or ted you could get to coast to coast in under 700 dollars. So really it isnt a "****ing stupid idea". Those who have the money to buy his service will provide him with food and other things for his 4-5 hour stay.

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

more like 1000 max. I cant go back to the east coast, where I am from, and then come back to where i am now, for less than 1000 dollars. and its a full day trip one way. so a 2 day trip in total. without doing any work. which will take some time, and there is travel to and from airports which takes time and costs money, plus food which costs more money. so the max is actually going to be way over 1000 dollars.
    Sounds like a good idea, but it would be better to contract out the work to someone who is local to the area.

8. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

The demise of Bit-tech is coming because I expressed my opinion on something that is being discussed on a public forum? Well done on that conclusion, you've made me a new Man.

:wallbash:

9. KayinBlack

Not only that, but it's a solid n00b too. Not a newbie, who's learning and will just get better with time, a n00b who likes to mix Al and Cu and can't put a radiator in a case properly and looks like a moron to boot.

For 1k, I'll run your WC, make you some blocks, AND I can sing a damn good show tune while I'm doing it.

If I pay 1k, I want relix. No imitations. Srsly.

10. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

And for £1000 I'd expect some kind of service plan to go with it, drainage and refil of coolant, cleaning of the inside of the case, inspection of hardware, software clean up, etc etc.

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You would trust the Relix with your computer?

12. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

yah, the demise of bit-tech is coming because a brit doesn't know how much it costs to fly across the US? that was kinda rude.

and even if it does cost him 700 return from wherever he is to get to the customer's house - $300 is not profit. estimate 4hrs flying time each way, 4hrs "n00bing up" your wc. @$25/hr, that's $1000 right there, not including travel to/from airport, possible hotel stay, other expenses. the only way i can see them turning any profit from this is if it is $1000 plus travel.

13. KayinBlack

Who said that? I'd just want to bask in the relix-ness. I can handle my own PC just fine.

I'm just saying, for 1k I want someone cooler than Bucky.

14. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I'd want the Relix, and a beautiful young lady dancing behind him for the period that he is at my house.

:thumb:

15. chrisb2e9

I think the reason that he said the demise of bit-tech is coming is because of the attitude of the post. swearing wasn't needed.
    I agree that it is a bad idea, from a business point of view. but ideas and people who are willing to try something are what get and keep the economy going.

16. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Sorry if at four in the morning my attitude isn't quite up to your standard, but isn't making a fuss about it just as an insignificant post? And for the record, people willing to try something which has been done a thousand times over, isn't keeping the economy going. I apologise now if my censored out swearing offended anyone, lets not pointlessly argue over it anymore.

:thumb:

17. chrisb2e9

so if someone starts a restaurant that doesn't help the economy? it doesn't create jobs? it doesn't give the employees money who then take that money and spend it somewhere else? that doesn't help the economy?
    sure there are thousands of restaurants out there, but considering how a single restraunt can literally make a few million a year... I dont see how someone trying something to make money can hurt anything. so for ther record, if people dont try to make money, one way or the other, the economy wont keep going.
    and I wasn't offended by your post. sure the swearing was childish but I work in the oil patch so i hear it all day every day.

18. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

:wallbash:

No one ever said anything about it hurting anything, the world of retail and expertise is full of idiotic ideas, this one included. As you said, from a business point of view, it is a bad idea, and I agree with that. Fin.

19. chrisb2e9

no, no one said anything about hurthing. but in a world of good and bad, you said that people willing to try something that has been done before wont help the economy. and if it doesn't help, then it must hurt. fin for me too.

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

someone should do this at a place very far from them and at a time of year its super expensive to fly, give him no food and get him to fix other pcs. that'll teach them to n00b up peoples pcs.