1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Dark side of the moon

Discussion in 'General' started by Woodstock, 6 Feb 2008.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i seem to be getting obsessed with this album (to the point of buying my own cd of it). Why have i been listening to it for 12 and a 1/2 hours straight without getting sick of it. Ive been doing this for months (not quite the same time scale). Normally 2 or 3 times times listing to a track to try and work out what they said is enough to make me skip the rest of the song. The only thing ive missed since i moved from home was mums copy of the dark side of the moon lp hence i bought the cd on a side note, the lunatic is on the grass (am i the lunatic)

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Because it's such a change from the shite that is modern pop music. One day you'll discover Beethoven. ;)

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I dunno but I'll tell you when I've listened to the whole thing through.

4. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO What's a Dremel?

Pink Floyd is one of those bands that will ALWAYS be legendary.

I particularly like the album called Wish You Were Here. What a fantastic album that.

5. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

im 19 and cant remember when i discovered that, but Beethoven's quite a stretch (i recognize that he was amazing but i cant say i enjoy listing to his music atm)

i think you will find it hard to find someone open minded to disagree, but this one cd at this amount

Im not familiar with the album but i do like that song (im really glad i went to see roger waters, about this time last year now (not that i wasnt then))

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Watching Dream Theater performing Dark Side live in full at the Hammersmith Apollo: pure cheescake.

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Sometimes you just find an album that's perfect for you. I've listened to the solaris OST thousands of times in my life(really), and I've never one got "bored" of it.

Seconding what cpemma says about Beethoven...5th for the cheezcake.

8. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Possibly because its one of the best albums of all time. I've got a big poster with the Album art from Dark Side of the Moon plus another Pink Floyd poster called "Back Catalogue" which has all the Pink Floyd albums painted on the backs of a row of women.

I went to see the Australian Pink Floyd last year and and going again this year. They sound EXACTLY like the original Pink Floyd, the members of Pink Floyd even said as such and had APF play at one of the PF members birthday parties.

9. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Tis a great album. Theres a TV show called something like "greatest albums- the making of" which documents the making of the DSOTM.

Theres a really good quote by Dave Gilmour who says "I would love to just sit down and listen to the record all the way through for the first time". :)

I think the show is knocking around on youtube or something like that. Deffo worth a watch if you like the Floyd.

I prefer "The final cut" to be honest or Roger Waters "Pros and cons" :)

:thumb:

10. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Damn right, I can't stand it - it just makes no sense to me as music and unlike alot of the music i dislike I can't even see any intrinsic merit in it that explains why other people enjoy listening to it. But then again, many people will probably say the same thing about ELO which I do like.

11. dom_

dom_ --->

I hate pink floyd.

Sorry now that is out of the way....

I own this album and have tried to listen to it a few times because people went on about it, but can never get into it. Same thing with a few of their other albums from different periods.

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I also dislike the Floyd. I fail to see why it's any good.

13. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

i'll second that! That was an awesome gig, good to see theresa thompson getting in on the act!

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Almost 30 years later, I still listen to the album. It's in permanent rotation on my MP3 player. I grew up with headphones on as a very small child listening to it on vinyl. Probably one of the reasons why I'm so weird, lol.

A total classic. And amazing with a nice pro set-up too.

15. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Sweet. Solaris Score is amazing.

16. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I've always liked it because it's an album, not just 1 or 2 hits with a bunch of filler crap. Pink Floyd's albums are best (at least to me) when I listen from start to finish.

17. Cyphus

Cyphus What's a Dremel?

18. dom_

dom_ --->

Classic that, they are doing radioheads ok computer at the moment!

19. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

The album has been in the billboard 200 for over 741 weeks

20. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

Try "Wish you were here" then. That's my fav pink floyd album.

Tags: