1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks stupid lappy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FILTHY1337, 4 Feb 2008.

1. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i have a dell e 1705, its had a rough life and the on board speakers no longer work, and i only get mono ( left channel) from the audio jack i currently have it apart and im typing on it still,...but i see no physical damage.i can take pics if it will help any suggestion is welcome.:wallbash::wallbash:

2. mongoze

mongoze I have a Dremel

try to re-install the drivers. and try checking if there's any bad connections.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

As suggested... it 'sounds' like a loose/dodgy/broken connection/wire?

If you can't trace/fix the problem... you could always just buy yourself a cheap pair of external speakers to plug in :idea:

4. Mootown

Mootown Camel Dung Dealer

USB headset. Plantronic or Microsoft Livechat LX3000. MS one is good!

Use small size cotton buds with a bit of WD40 and stick it in and clean it. Contact may have turned green inside.

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Clean what / what contact?

Assuming you mean the on-board sound chip... it's unlikely it will have turned green... unless something was spilled onto the laptop?
    And getting at the sound chip, will mean completely stripping the case down, to get at the mobo/chip... which the OP might not be too happy doing?

6. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

already have it stripped i see no damage but my lappy has attented parties and has been wet, i like the usb headset idea but is there a way to ue my aux jack as a output?