1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty 5 to be set in the Pacific?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Dec 2007.

1. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

its not cod. its made by a different company

2. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

This company is useless and call of duty 3 should be forgotten as it is a big ugly wart on the COD series of games and to let theees incompetent people do call of duty 5 is a really bad idea. As for the game beeing ww2 ww1 present time or the future does that really matter? I mean its all about the gameplay and the online experience. I myself was e bit worried when i heard that cod4 was set in modern time since im such a huge fan of the first two games. But i was happily surprised by cod 4 and i freakin love it i play online severeal hours every night and i just cant get enough of it. If theres going to be a fifth game INfinity ward should do it because then im pretty sure that it will be a great game no matter what time its set in but let useless people do the game and a useless game will follow...

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ooh you mean the people that did CoD3 and paid for the name are doing CoD5, oh damn, okay nevermind then >_<

I should have paid more attention to the article ~_~

Last edited: 12 Dec 2007
  4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I feel really sorry for Infinity Ward that they the good name they developed gets sullied by these loosers.

5. Kufwit

Kufwit What's a Dremel?

Maybe if enough of us say Vietnam in these type of forums someone will listen :0

Proper COD style multiplayer in a Crysis quality jungle would be pant browning stuff.

6. ak47steve

ak47steve What's a Dremel?

A Vietnam setting would be rather interesting. I can see maybe sailing down a boat on a river in the middle of the jungle, holding your M16, and everytime a Vietnamese guy pops his head out of the trees you aim and fire. That would be good. Maybe you would call in napalm bombings to burn the trees down in order to take away enemy cover. This actually sounds good. THe problem with a Vietnam setting is that it would be difficult to have even just a few multiplayer maps for online. And lets face it, online play is the best part of most games. With today's warfare, there are much more possibilities for multiplayer maps. The middle-eastern style maps are some of my favorites, mainly because there are more buildings.

If COD5 was to go back to a WWII setting, I would be horribly dissapointed. I enjoy the more modern combat of COD4, and the story was actually good, went along with today's world.

Infinity Ward would definatley have to be in control of this game, especially considering how awesome they made COD4, my favorite game of all time.

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

If you want jungle you're better off with WW2

In an authentic CoD Vitenam game you would never see the enemy. You would walk around all day in the hot sun, losing troops to booby traps and snipers. It would be a game where the bad guys look exactly like the civillians and they all kill you. It would be a game where little kids run up to you and drop live grenades in youre jeep, where you fight all night long, and in the morning there isn't a single enemy body on the battlefield. This is the kind of war vietnam was.

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

as long as it aint futuristic garbage im ok with it.

9. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Yeah last I read it was pretty much official that Treyarch would be developing odd-numbered CoD games from now on and Infinity ward the even numbered ones.

10. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

so CoD is folowing the Star Trek tradition then :D

11. Fused

Fused Minimodder

I remember my friends raving about CoD3 (well i assume 3 as it was before 4 though it could been an even earlier version) what was so bad about it? My brother has CoD4 on Xbox360 and I was quite impressed with it. Tempted to get it on PC

12. Cinnander

Cinnander What's a Dremel?

I like the WWII genre, though I'm a bit of a WWII (history) fan anyway so ;)
    I think the pacific theatre is overlooked too often by game developers. Everyone wants an Omaha Beach sniperfest, and most WWII games have a D-Day mission as a result. It's a good and easy to 'write' for period of the war, and while historically important, I've played it so many times it's just boring now. Can't we just look at another part of the war? Pacific would be good. Italy would be good too, the invasion from Africa, though not really enough in itself to make a full game out of. Could always do both. The pacific would get a bit predictable after a while.

The modern thing I'm not so keen on, COD4 (SP) carried it off rather well but the story still had bits that were just so arcady. Running around in Pripyat, yes that's a good idea :rolleyes:. There's only so many eastern terrorist organisations that you can single handedly destroy before it gets a bit Omaha Beachy, IMO.

13. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

vietnam vietnam vietnam vietnam vietnam vietnam vietnam

HTH

14. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

A pacific battle would have to have ships and planes or would it all be set on an island?

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

It would have to be on an island, but keep in mind that the battle of Gaudelcanal went on for months and months, as did the second battle of the Phillipines. You could do a certain number of beach landing battles combined with some mountain and jungle maps, and maybe throw in some PT boat areas for variety. Not sure if the game would lend itself to large scale naval battles.

Tags: Add Tags