1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sims 3 to be announced soon?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

No No No!

MORE stuff that my mother-in-law simply has to have.

She's a Sims 2 freak, and will play it for days on end.

I'm just not going to tell her about this.

3. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

EA had better order some more 'laptop friendly' stickers
    im sure we will see it outsell all the other games for the pc [you know... the good ones]

4. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

personally i may wait until 'sims in space' or 'sims on drugs' comes out

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I really like the sims actually, I thought it was good fun, but it old pretty quickly :(

6. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

My thoughts exactly :lol:

My parents PC can barely cope with sims2, i'm going to have to upgrade their PC when this comes out :duh:

7. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Sims 3 loads up... Screen displays a single message: "Sims 3: Turn around a look out the window of your bedroom. See the world outside. Go play what normal people call 'real life' ! "

/rolling eyes

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The Sims was good fun until having to micro manage every single thing got very old.

'you need the loo? well just go there instead of hopping around making a mess and waiting for me to tell you'

So much for AI...........

9. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lol. The Sims 3 with new improved AI! Load the game, let the Sims decide everything! Wait for 5 days... you win!!!

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

What got me was the ludicrous time scale. Two seconds equalled one minute - so walking down the driveway to the car that will take you to work would take twenty minutes if you had a long garden path. The game would have been easy if not for that damn scale.

11. Lowsidex2

Lowsidex2 Minimodder

More pseudo news from bit-tech. A news report that there might be a new report that there might be a new game in a few years. Not sure who's worse, Bit-tech for frequently reporting rumors and not facts or the companies using it to raise their shares 25cents before quietly canceling said plans a few months later. If there is actually going to be a press release, why not just wait till then to report it? If I want rumors, I'll go the the checkout line of my grocery store.

12. naokaji

naokaji whatever

EA is evil i tell you:D well, i said so in another thread before Sims 3 was announced... boring run of the mill sequels with tons of expansions and zero game play innovation. i bet Sims 3 will prove my point perfectly once its out.

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

As much as I loved Sims1, Sims2 was good but got boring fast, Sims3? unless there is a radical change in gameplay or content, not banking on it being fun. :/

14. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

what I hated about sims 2 was the engine that they used in it. I could play doom 3 on ultra but sims 2 ran poorly. if there is a sims 3 i hope they do a decent job on it.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I enjoyed Sims 2. I played it for a while until I moved on to other things, but as much as I did enjoy it I have to agree that the time scale was the most bothersome thing about the game. Considering how long you have to work at tasks to earn points later in the game, it could take you months of constant, repetitive game play to advance your Sim. I suppose that is the whole point from a business perspective, but if it takes you 2 hours to empty your bladder then perhaps it's time for 'The Sims: Retirement Home' expansion.

-monkey

16. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

I <3 both the original Sims game and Sims 2 (plus all the expansion packs, of course). Also, regarding the time scale, I agree that it was somewhat irritating, but it didn't really make it difficult. You just had to get your priorities straight. :)

Tags: Add Tags