1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Please Delete :-)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by marcus000, 8 Nov 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcus000

marcus000 Watercooling Mad

Last edited: 4 Aug 2008
  2. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

What are these in the front

[​IMG]

Are they hard disk racks? Are they the boxes I can see in your 'pile of stuff' image?
    If so, where do I get them!?

GORGEOUS by the way

3. marcus000

marcus000 Watercooling Mad

Last edited: 4 Aug 2008
  4. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

Glad you like this peeps, Marcus has worked damn hard on this for me but its great to finaly see my ideas coming together!

The colour was a leap of faith, I wanted green but never saw a sample, so the case was my first viewing!

There is a hell of a lot of water going in this, when I get the case Ill hijack this thread to keep posting my build??

5. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Looking good so far! Will you paint/powdercoat/anodize the HD bays so they are less visible through the hole mesh grills, or will they be obscured enough by fans mounted in front of them?

oh, and Merry X-mas everyone!! (forgot this in my other posts today :duh:)

6. tinytomlogan

There are fans going infront of them but they are/will also be green, really wanted to see it together before making my mind up tbh, wasnt sure on green ano or black powder.

Afew more custom parts on the way to finnish it off then its build time and my nightmares start!

7. tinytomlogan

YOU ALL SHOULD SEE THIS

Ill let the pictures talk for them selves but this was how this case was delivered to me.
    The rads DIDNT fit in the roof as the fan holes didnt line up and as you can see the cuts arnt exactly great.

The whole case needs reworking and the roof is a complete write off so a new case would be needed.

So this whole project after 4 MONTHS is now a a **WRITE OFF**

and why.................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Feb 2008
  8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I don't understand the problem. :confused: How is this not fixable? Those cuts look pretty close to me, but I'm also at the mercy of the pics. What rads were you going to mount in here? There's always a way to fix something!

9. tinytomlogan

XSPC rads.

The whole thing would have to be re anodised.

The fan tabs dont match and you would never get the scratches out. Trust me its fecked.

It basically needs a new roof, full re anodise and clean up, new rear window all after 4 months.

Sorry mate Im out and will start a case of my own.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

Man, I can tell you're upset (an understatement, lol)

That rad grill looks to me to be an AC Ryan RadGrillz Stripes 3x120 (correct me if I'm wrong), which if I recall correctly, the holes are skewed on purpose by a mil or so to allow a wider range of mounting options on rads, excluding the Thermochills of course. The XSPC rads are merely rebadged/clone Chinese knockoffs of innovateks, which all share the same mountpoints of HWLabs rads. Is it really that far off?

11. tinytomlogan

yes mate far off enough that the tabs will only allow 6 bolts at one end to be fitted.

Add that to everything else and the fact he found it acceptable to deliver this to me in the 1st place and you have the reason why Im peeved.

I had a case delivered to me by Marcus000 and it was far from acceptable, and Im not the only one.

Ive kept quiet and been nice but to be honest why should I?

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

You're right, mate. I think it sucks too. And if you're not happy, that's what counts. I'd at least give the guy a chance to alleviate the problem. See what he has to say.

13. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

the cuts are perfect, but it's where the laser cutter as melted away the cut it leaves a path where it has been, i was talking to marcus about threes for my fan grill,
    just talk to marcus about i'm sure he can sort something out

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

What you're referring to is the kerf (the thickness of the laser). It's such a small, negligible width that you wouldn't be able to tell. We're talking 0.010 of an inch or so for normal lasering. I don't think that stuff was lasered anyways.

15. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

The water jet company I use has the same problem as a laser cutter. The cuts are angled. Imagine a very tiny cone shape with the point down. The cuts actually angle in towards the center but really it's not noticeable unless I point it out.
    John

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

^yeah, it's the kerf. It's only really noticeable when you cut thicker materials. When I set up a file for something to cut and it's a thicker material, I tend to 'pad' the measurements to try to compensate for it.

17. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I must work too hard. I tell them where I want it and clean up the kerf with needle files. My little brother is a custom jeweler and turns me on to where to buy good tools (read expensive).
    John

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

such a beautiful green case to go to waste, if your that pee'd off with it, can i have it for free? :D

19. tinytomlogan

The cuts for the grill are lasered so are perfect. but they dont fit my rad and the cuts to the case are the problem!

And please dont say file them, it needed to be done BEFORE it was anodised and should have been.
    The case was anodised in december so its sat around sinve then looking like that and nothing was done :|

20. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

file it back, dam cheaper than starting another case!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.