1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Please Delete :-)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by marcus000, 8 Nov 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

If it was filed back Id want it reanodised to hide the silver bits.
    Even then the rads wont fit! And what about all the scratches and blemishes?
    Should have never been sent to me in this state.:nono:

2. badje

badje boni

What are you gonna do now then, just start a new project or something and sell this case? Or are you trying to make a new top and reanodise it?

3. tinytomlogan

Im getting a refund he can keep it and do what he wants with it tbh.

Im going to start my own project now, like I should of all along.

4. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

ooii mate :miffed::miffed::miffed: marcus is a mate, and he has, told the merchine the exact measuants for it, and it is cut perfect, the laser cutter allways leaves that behind, so stop having ago and get on and fix it,

everything can be fixed, and i'm sure if you read the terms of the anodiseing it shound something about it, :eyebrow::eyebrow:

in other words, get your dremel out and fix it :dremel::dremel:

5. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

There is a Swedish saying (dont know if only in Sweden) : If you want it done right, do it your self..

Regards.

6. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

too right too right :clap::clap::clap:

7. MShort

MShort putting the "i" in team

wow. scrapping it for such small things, but it is your choice

8. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

IMHO,

Marcus did a fantastic job "FOR YOU". It also sounds as if he has a bit of extra projects going on behind this one as well. Everyone has mentioned to File it down, and you rebuttal that it will all have to be Re-Powerdercoated. Just FILE IT then get some Paint, wether it be green black w/e and dab the spots.

Marcus is human... Humans Make mistakes. Twas a mere overlooked portion of the case.

The Shock and Awe this case hit me with would make me miss those small mistakes as well. As for the scratches and the what looks like a water stain? you may have to deal with. BUT, and yes there is a but. Didnt you say that this case may be hiding beneath a desk? If so man just keep it.

IF NOT, send it back to Marcus. and MARCUS I WILL BUY IT PM ME.

9. tinytomlogan

THE LASERING ISNT THE PROBLEM HIS WORK WAS.

WHY SHOULD I FIX WHAT HE HAS RUSHED AND FECKED UP

IVE PAID GOOD MONEY TO HAVE THIS DONE WHY SHOULD I FIX IT

YOU BUY IT MATE YOUR WELCOME IM SURE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN P****D OFF IF YOU HAD PAID £500 FOR THAT TO ARRIVE AND WAITED 4 MONTHS TOO.

THE RADS DON NOT FIT CANT FIX THAT WITH A DREMMEL

CAN FIX THE SCRATCHES, BLEMISHES OR THE FACT THE RESERVOIRS ARE TOO NEAR THE TOP OF THE CASE WITH A DREMMEL EITHER

UNTIL THAT CASE TURNED UP I THOUGHT MARCUS WAS A MATE

WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IF HE HAD EVER SAID THERE WAS A PROBLEM

ITS ALL BEEN KEPT SECRET

AND THE "WATER STAIN" IS IN THE ANODISING AND HAS BEEN ALL ALONG

HES BEEN COVERING THAT CASE UP FOR MONTHS AND TO BE HONEST MATE YOU DONT KNOW THE HALF OF IT:wallbash:

Last edited: 18 Feb 2008
  10. tinytomlogan

Fantastic job? those cuts fantastic? Everything that hes done to that case was poor quality.
    The only good thing was the powder coating.

Put yourself in my shoes, hes had that case since october, took till february for me to get it, and it still turned up like that?
    Not like it was a freebee or Id ever been told of rough cuts

**THE ROOF WAS CUT WITH A DREMEL ONLY THE GRILLS WERE LASER CUT AND THEY DONT FIT MY XSPC RADS ANYWAYS!**

Looks like most things were over looked then too doesnt it?

Last edited: 18 Feb 2008
  11. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Sorry for your loss. Hope you get what you want in the future.

If you want it done right, please, do it yourself

Regards

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

love the way it says 'Black Ice GTS 360 Radiators' in the first post of this thread, gee bet they fit. i have looked every website with this project and they all say 'Black Ice GTS 360 Radiators'

i can see why your disappointed, spending out the money. i dont think the time taken was unreasonable because it was over the christmas peroid, and i bet poor marcus was a tad busy.

'Rome wasn't built in a day'

you look at alot of serious custom mods on here and alot take about a year or more in some cases. i dont think nexxo even finished his!

considering the fan grills and what is stated in the first post i think there was a lack of comunication, thats all. i new set of grills laser cut i imagin would solve the mounting issuse.

and i would love to see some one mount a case top in a laser cutter and caliabrate it. far easier to cut with a jigsaw and dremal.

anyway your set in on your decision, so please stop using CAPLOCKS thinking it will express your views easier. and swearing even with *&^%$&* is not looked upon well here, its a family forum, we dont want kids running around shouting *&&^&&*^*&*&*^%^*&**^*%&^*%!!!! lol!

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'm pretty sure most people with even the slightest experiance would be able to get the holes to match up. From the looks of things, you could just drill out the holes with a 5.5mm drill bit or the like, and it would all be fine.

Also, I know your angry, but PLEASE don't do you entire post in CAPITALS! Grr.

14. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

hell if your scraping the case i will have it ? i dont see any thing wrong with it !!! how much do you want for it ?

15. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

I would be as pi$$ed as you are right now,but........I would still keep it,because it is still a great case and it can be fixed..........
    Have him give you the money for the anodising back and have it done yourself,afterall you wanted the color changed anyway.Now you even have the chance to change the color if you want to.
    The inside powdercoating looks great.........
    Re-work the rad mountings in the roof to make the XSPC rads fit (going back to the first post it does say Black Ice GTS 360 Radiators ).........

You still can,with the same case,because it is still a great case and it can be fixed..........

it can be fixed or made even better..................just my 2cents.......................

Alan

16. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

gutted mate
    thats why i trust NOBODY with my computer

17. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Just for clarification, the Black Ice series rads are the same as the XSPC rads. They all have the same mount points. As I stated before, those grills look to be AC Ryan's RadGrillz™ Stripes, which have mount points skewed off a bit on purpose to make them usable for a wider range of rads. Don't ask me why it's that way, it just is. I personally do not buy AC Ryan's radgrills because of this; I make my own. But I have used them in builds for people before. And they can be made to work reasonably well.

That being said, it's a shame this case is in the condition it is in. I'd just powdercoat the whole damn thing and call it a day, lol.

18. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

I agree with the powdercoating (if only on your next project...).

I have a bit of experience with having anodizing done and the "waterstain" effect visible on your panel is not at all uncommon, especially on larger, flat panels. It's also more visible on lighter dye colors like your green.

Most commercial plating companies are used to dealing with pieces that are being treated for the anti-oxidizing properties of anodizing- the aesthetic qualities are merely secondary. If that panel was being used in an industrial application, the watermarking would be irrelevant.
    Clearly, PC case manufacturers who deal with aluminum (Lian-li/Silverstone) must take special care as the look is actually the primary concern. Even so, I'd guess they have a fairly high reject/redo rate.

If I were to undertake a project like yours, I'd probably reject anodizing as a possibility for the large panels (smaller pieces I'd consider) because of the probability of aesthetic disappointment.
    Powdercoating would be a candidate because of it's durabilty, but if the orangepeel would be a problem, then paint is the only option.

19. tinytomlogan

Ill start by apologising for caps, Ive been a tad wound up the last few days.
    The roof tabs are far enough out that it cant be fixed, the anodising would need redoing and Im not happy with powder.
    Ive binned the whole idea off now and started again.
    My main gripe was that it was deemed acceptable to send me it like it in the 1st place, had obviously been like it for ages, Marcus knows his stuff and if he had just said "look mate Ive made an arse of the roof it going to take another 14 days to get it fixed and sit at the anodisers to be done" I would have been miffed but hey at least I would have known.
    I knew nothing of the faults until it turned up.
    The case was actualy meant to be with me before christmas I might add.
    I may add I wasnt even going to post any pictures but Ive had such poor comunication from him and yet still more delays for the time being at least I need to be doing my own thing. I explained to Marcus before the case was even ordered the smaller details mount up to make a good project a great project so Id be wanting it spot on and even after all of my moaning I still got this.

I wish marcus all the best with his projects and I hope he is alot more open with his customers in the future.
    We all want the same thing and pay good money for it, I know most of us would wait an extra month for a case if it arrives perfect.

To be perfectly honest I didnt really want to post pictures and was going to keep it between us, but being ignored really winds me up!

20. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

sorry to drag this on, but couldn't you mount the rads via the 120mm fans. surely those holes match up....

i just hate to see such a nice case go to waste......

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.