1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Ok,... the T like a L i drew up something like it an decided not because at first glance it kind of hard to read. So I made the T and T so people can easily read ELITE. Dont want them to have to think about it.

@ MACROS - The "THE" and "MODDER" are aligned identically. THE by the T over the end of the E and the R of MODDER over the end of the other E. If I moved the THE over the gap it wouldnt make sense to me atleast. Would look kind of out of place. Even though it looks out of place to you:) The sliced things,... I think I tried having the gaps even whenI made my watermark for my pics and didnt like it because when looking at it I saw nothing but little gaps instead of pieces of whatever it is. I will try it again. That is easy to do. I'll post it later. Dont know what you fully meant in your #2 suggestion. But i think I covered it. Thanks guys:)

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Hexen
    Yes that is very good. Somewhere on my raid array I have a logo for the Illuminati that was done this way to be right side up either way.
    John

Last edited: 11 Feb 2008
  3. jhanlon303

Tribal'
    I think he means the decreasing bars after "The" and before "Modder". They are not symmetrical as the Before bars have a bigger bar than the after set. Like a car driving through wet paint and the impression getting smaller as the paint dries.
    I'm still cool with this one.
    John

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

What do you need done with it animation-wise?

5. jhanlon303

Another PM for Cheapskate. Ping!

6. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Hehe, I'm not sure we are understanding each other correctly atm, but that's probably due to my lack or clearness (as usual). What I meant was:
    I think you should move THE to the left about the same distance as the thickness of the vertical part of the T in THE. This way THE will _look_ more centered in the gap between the left end design and the spaced pieces. The empty space in the T and the 'pointed' part of the end design makes the space on the left side of THE look bigger than the space on the right side of THE, and as a result THE looks non-centered in that gap.
    Alternatively, just move the spaced out pieces to the right of THE the same distance to the right.
    MODDER on the other hand, does look centered. It looks like the spaces on both sides of MODDER is equal. IMHO, THE and MODDER should _both_ _look_ like they are centered, or none of them should.

As for the #2 thing... I'm gonna use jhanlon303's car tire + paint analogy... lets say a heavy duty car tire rolled through a shallow patch of white paint, so the outer surface of the protruding pieces of the tire got colored white... if we imagine looking straight down at the tire you will see a pattern that reminds me of the 'decreasing bars/spaces' in your logo. The top pieces are wide, and the pieces away from the top will look progressively smaller as they curve away towards the ground (the same applies to the uncolored spaces between the pieces).
    I hope that made sense to you/someone... but it doesn't really matter... as long as you are happy with your design I'm happy.. I just wanted to make you aware that some might see the same thing I see. Heh, I would probably have saved some time by making a 3D model and posting renders of it instead of writing this wordy explanation.. oh well.

I'm very tired atm, and I hope I haven't made this sound offending in any way! If I have I apologize, and ask you to interpret this in the best way possible. I'm just trying to be helpful, and knowing how good you are, it feels like it's ok to be a little bit extra picky with the details.

Keep it up! (I know you will) =)

7. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

Oh geez awesome logo and video. lol I predict Tribal will create his own corporation in the future and become a uniter of modders. Then we make our own nation. lulz.

@HeXeN - I think the L and T idea looks good. Usually logos have something unique and the L and T makes it uniquer.

8. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

thx Qhs but you know .. it's not my logo :p talk to other Tribal and his other parts of him :D as he said

@Macros - good clear speach ;)

@Tibal about that T it is centered in mesurements but yes it looks like moved, but if you have got few minutes (hours) make few pojects and open them all at one blank page look and you will see what will be good :) for you but don't forget about us :) don't forget whe all want to know your evil plans :p

9. tribaloverkill

The Elite Modder - "FIVE of FIFTY"

[​IMG]

The Elite Modder's newest addition. Hope you like it. I'm off to the studio now! Got to finish that last RESERVOIR!!! AHHH!!

10. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

lol "Good Job." Looks like you are having fun with these videos. I like!

11. jhanlon303

Light blue man group? You really need to empty the wastebasket on a more timely basis. Oh, and thanks.
    John

12. tribaloverkill

I do! I swear! LOL.

13. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

I know that this little card with my name is somewhere... :D i know ... i'm in muffin, i'm hidden there till next contest and i will jump out of there at the final stage! HA HA HA (pure evil lough)

14. tribaloverkill

LOL. Hexen your were #48 on the list. You know what that means! Xtr was #49! LOL. Well,... that doesnt mean your in the trash but still,... LOL. Your down there somewhere. I'll try not to step on you *squish*.

15. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

ol ... how could YOU !! hmmm i vas thinking that i was 47thx btw :p but i wanted to be last one as usual :D

16. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

.......... nice video ...........tribal having some fun.........it was fun to watch..........
    Congrats to the winners............

Alan

17. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Max Headroom came to mind...:hehe:

18. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

yep..........kind of ..........

and congrats :clap: to you for grabing one of the prizes........:thumb:

Alan

19. jhanlon303

I wonder if some of these younger members even remember Max?
    John

20. tribaloverkill

I do and you guys are dead on with it:) Was trying for a max effect.