1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : Infinity CM Stacker (Reservoir 100% complete)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DoOb's, 14 Sep 2007.

1. DoOb's

DoOb's Overclocker/Modder

true very true,, the ram needs to get very hott to melt that plastic, coz thats all it really is. so i dont think they will fall off, and also when my stuff eventually gets in my case there will be sufficient cooling for the cards ram sinks from the vent below where i will have probably 3 x 80mm on low speed.

But i will keep an eye on them. Im feeling them at the moment and they are warm, i will see in games but i think they will be alright.

2. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

should be good :) with this air flow inside and watercooled GPU. But be carefull with this glue.
    I'm workin' now on budget HTPC :) with custom case and there is old radeon sapphire 9000 VIVO and TV tuner version :D I;ve cut old CPU radiator to fit it and glued it to GPU with zalman adhesive termal glue, and sadly my dremel discs also vaporised :D i've got to do the same with ram on this card. reason is to make is passive (almost becouse there will be air flow inside the case) and O/c it a bit (it's old AGP card ;D so a bit of o/c will be usefull in this case ).

What about making custom acrylic cover for the card both sides, it could hold the heatsinks on ram :)

3. DoOb's

hexen last night ok i had gordian knot going and my pc was doing it thing, um not fans were blowing anywhere, i heard this drop type noise, and yea you were right, im gonna need to find another way to stick them down, 1Day off XS says i must use a touch of superglue.

Have to give it a go

4. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

DON't do it with superglue!! it's not good for things like that!... if there is any possibility buy 3m thermal tape or smth. like that but not super glue! :)

5. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

6. pejcaofrito

pejcaofrito What's a Dremel?

Nice metal skills DoOb's! :dremel: nice work there!

Now, there's something that has me worried about your wc layout: if you use one of the outputs of the water block to feed the video one, then on that output you will have very less flow since that line has more resistance. shouldn't you use that 2by1 adapter at the outputs of the water block, and from there, feed the video wb?

Think that seriously!

As a side question: would be aluminum of the same thickness much harder to bent?

7. DoOb's

Oops, o well its done now, heheh, should be fine tho, i put a dot on two corners of the ram modules, all the sinks are on nicely.

The flow of the water from the pump through the cpu block and then one out to the card while the other one goes through the Gfx card and into the 2-1 connector works great.

My temps are very good, GPU core is 33-38, on load about hmm 45 the most, cpu cant really tell coz of the E8400 with their problematic thermal sensors.

But other than that the watercooling setup is working well.

The aluminum of the same thickness hmm it could be but i dont think so, time is key and dont rush. But the aluminum i have is 0.9mm so bends well. not to thin.

I still need to get Dremel disks, its really frustrating on my part. But never give up i get them soon.

Peace

8. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

:) too late we all gonna die, Do0b's just have put super glue on ram :D I hate using super glue - frost stuff on plastic thing, not so strong and glued fingers :D...

9. DoOb's

LOL, yea ag its ok coz im not gonna be going back to air anytime soon

10. DoOb's

So I've had enuf of waiting to try get disks, so i went ahead and did the holes that are mark so far with my jigsaw, Freak i did a bloody good job i must admit.

Ok i was gonna use masking tape all over but decided rather just layer the jigsaw base with the stuff. I also applied oil on the base of the jigsaw and also on the back panel. So that the jigsaw ran smooth over the bits of aluminum when getting cut.

[​IMG]

And other shot of the jigsaw with the layered amount of masking tape.

[​IMG]

And now when i got just over half way i put a clamp under the one side with a block of wood to stop the off cut circle from flapping the **** out of the panel and bending anything. Afraid i didnt take a pic tho. But here are both holes cut with a jigsaw

[​IMG]

Using a starter hole to get the 120mm holes started off course.

[​IMG]

Then it was time for the PSU hole. As before when it came to about half way when the off cut started flapping, put the clamp with block of wood under neath to restrict damage to the panel via bending.

And here it is a nicely cut hole

[​IMG]

I missed a piece on the left side so here it is finished.

[​IMG]

And here is a comparison of the two back panels. Just need to make the two holes for the ports and the bottom slot holes along with the I/O rectanglar hole for the necessary lends.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow i will do those holes. Getting this thing on the road again.

Peace out

DoOb's

11. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

well I actually liked the radiator cutout from the "old" panel better,but you probably
    have a reason for doing it the way you did now........

Alan

12. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Sweet work with the jigsaw duder ! Started my new project at the weekend - stripped the case out and bust the only jigsaw blade i had on the 1st cut hehe ! I need to take lessons from you ! :thumb:

13. DoOb's

Well You dont see that cut out really anyway once the radiator is on the back, and then inside the two fans are in place there, so two 120mm holes work just fine. And also me not having any Dremel disks to cut my panels with, jigsaw is my only other option.

E

Thats awesome Colossous, So what case can we expect you are stripping down for your mod.
    Jigsaws cutting requires preparation. Otherwise you going to have some bent panels and cutts. I also use oil to lub up the two surfaces making it easier to run on the metal, and also keeps the bits from geting in the way, they seem to stick to the side of the jigsaw instead of jumping around and going underneath, thats why if you see in the pics there are less stratches.

Will have an update today when i get home from work.

DoOb's

14. DoOb's

Did what I said i was gonna do, here are the pics of the small process.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get my new ram on Thursday, OCZ Reapers. Those crucials are going back to Andy.

Next i have to file all the edges, and then buy more aluminum for the new motherboard cover. New design but following the other cover in the above pics. I will be extended that GFX card cover into some more shape kinda way. Dont want to redo that one, looks gr8 and doesnt need replacing just extending.

Lighting im thinking of Green now. Red is OLD and Green mobo, will just look mental

DoOb's

15. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

good to see you back on track Do0b's, have you got any design for holding pci cards? they are a bit heavy. Your Dfi is a nice board it would not(edited: be) to good to rip off pci slot. Good jigsaw skill!!

Last edited: 19 Feb 2008
  16. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Ye - good job DoObs, i went out and bought a new jigsaw (the other one jumped in your hand never mind on the metal) and its got a laser guide lol ! Sounds sci fi but its just a red dot ! Will be chuffed if it comes out as good as yours duder !

17. DoOb's

I've got slot brackets made already, one for the Sound card and one for the gfx card. i'll post pics of that tomorrow. Well later today seeing as its pass mid night That DFI rocks, I've gottin a E6300 up to 560FSB so far. I wanna see what my E8400 can do.

Greatness so new jigsaw means steady work coming ur way. I'm sure ur skills are just as good as mine Colossous. Patience is key.

Im off to bed Goodnight guys. Thanks for the motivation Appreciate it.:thumb:

18. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

looking as good as always and by the way tell me what the E8400 gets to may have to buy one :p

19. DoOb's

I've already gotten it to 4.4ghz on Water. But my mate in Joburg got 4.7ghz

20. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:

Tags: