1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gears of War 2 sets November release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. rjkoneill

rjkoneill What's a Dremel?

who is betting they do a GRAW2 and do new missions and levels using the same game engine/graphics?

[perhaps chuck in some extra game modes on multiplayer]

they should call it GoW 1.5

i doubt it will have half the impact of the original

3. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

360 exclusive ! of course it is and there will be no pc version just like the last one, well not at least untill evryone has bought the 360 game and then release a pc version with extra content so the same people can buy it all over again

4. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

Of course exclusive here means it will be released on PC 6 months later.

5. DeXtmL

DeXtmL What's a Dremel?

As what i have learnt, the water rendering efx built in GOW2 is astounding.
    It leverages the particle system to accomplish the complex water physics reaction. just like real life interaction.
    google it out for a upcoming exiting game.

6. c0de:nun0

c0de:nun0 What's a Dremel?

GOW2

I hope they dont release a botch job for pc like they did with the first. That game was so unbelievably bugged shops were taking the PC version back without question it happened so much. I hope they put some effort in and dont do a crappy console to PC port like they did with the first. Developers should try and be more like rockstar games who hold off the PC GTA releases to make sure they're not horribly bugged.

7. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

I just wish they would release the extra content on the 360 that the PC version of the original has

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

And that would be a problem because...?

Sequals aren't supposed to always have a better engine, some of the greatest sequals of all time had the same engine as the previous game.

Examples which spring instantly to mind are:
    Serious Sam 2nd Encounter
    Command and Conquer Red Alert
    Doom 2

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think it should be a given now that when MS says exclusive they mean not coming to other consoles.

Hopefully they'll have a decent multiplayer this time.

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I bet they port the "extra pc-content" back to the console and sell it as GOW2. Thats probably why its a xb exclusive otherwise PC users would play the same game as GOW1

11. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

12. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I must one of the few people who didnt actually like playing GOW 1. Probably the 360 controller rather than KB/M was what put me off.

Its an established fact that they have updated their engine quite a bit since GOW 1. They showed some demo at a show with GOW 1 footage, then the same footage enhanced with the new engine. Quite an improvement. More monsters on screen, better physics, more particle effects etc.

Im sure this new game will sell millions, and will be the 360's biggest game this christmas. In fact.. it will help sell a boat full of 360's on its own.

I wont be buying it for my 360 though. No Bluray has won the HD war, and with Little Big Planet coming soon.. Im thinking of upgrading to a PS3.

I doubt the PC will see GOW 2 at all. Not after the pitiful sales of GOW1 on the PC. But what do you expect when you release a buggy piece of sh*t that fails to even install and run on most peoples computers.

13. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

14. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

U are not alone, I still and blown away why that game is considered so good. Vstory was bad, very linear, repetitive combat, go to next area, use cover, wait for enemy to poke head out, shoot, clear out area repeat. That game does not deserve its killer app status. I played it on 360 and PC, what the hell is the fuss about? Many better games around. epic are not exactly good at making strory based games.

Tags: Add Tags